Hello, I am an independent game programmer (as well as other things), and I have lots of experience with game development and programming in general. However, I never can come up with any ideas. I'm sure in such a large gaming community must have a ton of ideas. So please list all you've got here! It can be 2d, 3d, strategy or horror- anything.
And why I say concepts above, I mean ideas for systems implemented into a game (like a new combat or inventory system, new kinds of gameplay or gamemodes, ect).
So yeah, any ideas related to games, gameplay, or game development.
- I am more likely to program smaller games and implement smaller things into games I make, but if you have a really good idea for a big game, I'll absolutely program it!
- It cannot be a sequel, based off a book/movie, ect. Those bring up copyright issues.
- I can only do one game at a time. So if I do one, the rest will not be done for a good while
- If you have experience with game development, texturing, sound creation, ect you can work with me on stuff
- Big games or really good small games may be sold or put ads on them, ect. The idea submitter will get a large part of any income, a free copy, alpha/beta access, constant idea input, credits, being there the whole way from step 1, ect. Small games or games that most likely wouldn't really get money will be open source on github. When you submit games, you understand this. I do this for fun, but I also could use some spare cash.
- I will continue to ask for advice and community input for released or in development games
Also note I can only do computer games. Not consoles or phone games. (At least not YET... I may in the future). I will also ignore ideas that aren't described well. I want a well thought out, detailed as possible idea.
Thanks for your input.
[Please no input such as "I have no ideas" or things away from the topic. Expansion on ideas already submitted is encouraged]