This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Hi guys I need a game rec for ps4 here's what I have:

MGS 5 The Phantom Pain

Fallout 4

Divinity Original Sin

The Witcher 3

Any game I don't have that you can recommend? Please describe the game too!

Thanks.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@TheHighWind: you like metal gear so i'm assuming you like stealth games. if you like survival horror then i'd definitely recommend alien isolation. it integrates stealth superbly into the genre and is incredibly atmospheric and nerve-wracking.

until dawn is a very stylish and well thought out interactive horror movie that's quite unique in a gameplay sense. would definitely recommend, but don't pay full price for it due to limited replay-ability.

bloodborne is very good if you enjoy the souls games and their brand of difficult but ultimately rewarding combat.

beyond that if you haven't played tlou or the uncharted games the remastered versions are worth picking up

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

@Macutchi said:

@TheHighWind: you like metal gear so i'm assuming you like stealth games. if you like survival horror then i'd definitely recommend alien isolation. it integrates stealth superbly into the genre and is incredibly atmospheric and nerve-wracking.

until dawn is a very stylish and well thought out interactive horror movie that's quite unique in a gameplay sense. would definitely recommend, but don't pay full price for it due to limited replay-ability.

bloodborne is very good if you enjoy the souls games and their brand of difficult but ultimately rewarding combat.

beyond that if you haven't played tlou or the uncharted games the remastered versions are worth picking up

Great recommendations!

Looks as if i wrote this myself.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheHighWind

@Macutchi said:

Forgot to mention I have Drake's Remastered. (came with ps4)

I wish there were some way to rent Until Dawn, like at RedBox or something. (Sometimes I miss Blockbuster)

Blood borne is a game that was only 30 dollars last month and well, I've played Dark Souls 1 and 2, Im not a fan of brutal difficulty.

Thanks for all your recs, and I've considered Alien Isolation since it was on ps3 I came so close to buying it one time. Might get that one.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6  Edited By Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

@TheHighWind said:
@Macutchi said:

Blood borne is a game that was only 30 dollars last month and well, I've played Dark Souls 1 and 2, Im not a fan of brutal difficulty.

It's not brutal...it become fair as you proceed the game and getting the point, only the boss fights are difficult, and let's face it, what a boss worth if it isn't?

BTW you've played The Last Of Us ? GTA V ?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@TheHighWind: These are the games I own on my PS4 but I won't list the ones you already have:

• Infamous: Second Son [a superhero/anti-hero type of game that's really fun & the successors to Infamous games on PS3]
  • Bloodborne [if you like Dark Souls, this is it but it's a huge stepback from Dark Souls games]
  • The Last of Us Remastered [if you enjoy Uncharted games made by Naughty Dog, your gonna love this one and easily my favorite Sony game to date]
  • Destiny [the game is a hit or a miss but if you like shooters and grinding, this might be for you]
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor [I love the Lord of the Rings series, this is by far the best LotR games I have ever played]
  • Assassin's Creed: Black Flag [probably the only AC game I had fun]
  • SOMA [love the freaky stuff in this game]
  • Skullgirls: 2nd Encore [a 2D fighting game you should look into for PS4]
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall [a decent FPS game that I got for at launch when I pick up my PS4 for the first time]
  • Watch Dogs [love the hacking in this game, I really had fun with Watch Dogs. The story-line was pathetic for our anti-hero, better avoid this one but still, the gameplay was enjoyable for my taste]
  • Resogun [a 2D side-scroll shooter game that will keep you on your toes]
  • Transistor [Love the art style, music but the combat was a drag. Better to avoid this game if you can]
  • Knack [got this at launch for my PS4, the game is isn't friendly but it was targeted to kids, better stay away from it if you can]
  • Onechanbara Z2: Chaos [a Anime like game that's similar to Bayonetta standards, if you like these kind of games, get it if not, better not buy it]
  • The Evil Within [Scary as hell, it's what Resident Evil 6 should have been. Get this game if you can assuming you enjoy survival-horror games]

These are the games I own on my PS4, there all digital cause screw physical for this gen. I hope my recommendation helps out and enjoy.

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Employee427
Member since 2016 • 489 Posts

Steamworld Dig: A fistful of dirt

Isaacfalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Isaacfalls
Member since 2016 • 143 Posts
@TheHighWind said:

Hi guys I need a game rec for ps4 here's what I have:

MGS 5 The Phantom Pain

Fallout 4

Divinity Original Sin

The Witcher 3

Any game I don't have that you can recommend? Please describe the game too!

Thanks.

The Last of Us - 3rd Person Survival Action-Adventure, GOTY 2013

Diablo 3 - Hack n Slay, you probably know this one

Bloodborne - Hardcore ARPG, basically Dark Souls, great combat

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 - Shooter, really fun actually

Rocket League - Soccer...with cars

Borderlands Handsome Collection - Open World FPS RPG

Shadow of Mordor - 3rd Person Action-Adventure

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

how about Dying Light

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheHighWind

@sukraj said:

how about Dying Light

It decent?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@TheHighWind said:
@sukraj said:

how about Dying Light

It decent?

Oh hell yeah it is. I didn't listed on my sheet cause I own the game on my Xbox One, so I left that out. Dying Light is the successor to Dead Island/Dead Island: Riptide, Dying Light was a super upgrade from the previous Dead Island games, Dying Light was by far the best Zombie game I have played in a long time since The Last of Us. Get this on your PS4.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sukraj

@davillain- said:
@TheHighWind said:
@sukraj said:

how about Dying Light

It decent?

Oh hell yeah it is. I didn't listed on my sheet cause I own the game on my Xbox One, so I left that out. Dying Light is the successor to Dead Island/Dead Island: Riptide, Dying Light was a super upgrade from the previous Dead Island games, Dying Light was by far the best Zombie game I have played in a long time since The Last of Us. Get this on your PS4.

I agree dying light is a cool game.

Are you looking forward to the new expansion coming out next week.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sukraj

@TheHighWind said:
@sukraj said:

how about Dying Light

It decent?

its one of the best open world zombie games in my book, there's a demo give it a try.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheHighWind

Guys, just letting you know, I ended up getting Dying Light and Alien Isolation thanks to the recs in this thread. Thank you all who participated.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator

@sukraj: Dammit, I totally forgot to reply to this.

As much as love Dying Light, I won't be able to play the Expansion until March cause I got Street Fighter V to play and since there's almost nothing for me to buy a new game in March, I'm just gonna wait until then will I buy the Expansion so that's a smart move on my part. Plus, me and my daughter are going to be playing our Wii U games together for this month, February is a busy month for me lol.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sukraj

@davillain- said:

@sukraj: Dammit, I totally forgot to reply to this.

As much as love Dying Light, I won't be able to play the Expansion until March cause I got Street Fighter V to play and since there's almost nothing for me to buy a new game in March, I'm just gonna wait until then will I buy the Expansion so that's a smart move on my part. Plus, me and my daughter are going to be playing our Wii U games together for this month, February is a busy month for me lol.

I hear ya bro I'm busy finishing off the campaign in dying light and I'm only a level 16 in fallout 4 and I'm also busy playing the new tomb raider game bro. I'm like you I won't be buying any games in march and the next game proper game I buy will be in April lol.

I hope you and your daughter enjoy playing the Wii U it's good to train the little ones at an early age bruv.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@TheHighWind: hope you enjoy alien isolation, make sure you play it with the lights off and the sound up loud!