Game Awards, PSX... slow start for 2015?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sickko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1 sickko
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

Long time no see GameSpot users, i wanted to know your opinions after these events. I know that this next gen also needs remasters and ports but to be honest it's a bit dissapointing because of the hype they created over time, few worthy titles, indie invasion, quantity over quality in short.

As a gamer i love all the systems (yes i have favorites but that doesn't mean i hate the rest) but i consider this a very slow start, do you guys think this years E3 will be the big boom or we'll be up in the air like this for another year?

I want quality, good story, fluid movement and action... i played enough 8bit-16bit games back in the day, i don't think we need this right now. There are good indie games that are similar to an "interactive story" but is this what we want from this gen or we want to see a real push from last gen?

Thank you for your time for reading this and i hope you guys can share some thoughts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well, given how horribly poorly the last gen went, I doubt we will see alot of exclusives for one, nor are we going to see alot of 3rd Party games that innovate. Due to the Price to develop, and buyers habits, we will likely not see alot of innovation, just more "Ubisoft-the-game" games, CoD-*insert cheesy title* and Battlefield-*alien World 1-7* edition.

The last gen killed off a Whole lot of devs, and alot of mid-big Publishers. It IS a relatively small amount of games making the Money back, so no, we will not see alot of innovation or big titles. The best bet is the step between Indie and AAA games (the AA games of old, making thier return). Where we might see the actual good and new.

But as I stated, this is as much due to us consumers as it is Publishers and thier shareholders. The gaming community have shown time and time Again, that they will absolutely never buy anything outside thier comfort zone, and sadly also proved that you can sell the biggest piece of shit, as long as you spend atleast as much on hype and adverts as you do on the actual game.

So it is the grave we dug for ourselves. It is what we were warned about. Hell Sony for one came out just prior to this gen stating that we should not expect as many exclusives from them as we got from the PS3. That does paint a pretty sad Picture (as people rarely bought said exclusives in large numbers).

So no, we will likely have to chose games that push teck (and are what we've been playing for the last 8 years). Or something that looks nowhere near as good, but might have an original thought, or a new take, I don't see how we will get both.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@SickHammer said:

Long time no see GameSpot users, i wanted to know your opinions after these events. I know that this next gen also needs remasters and ports but to be honest it's a bit dissapointing because of the hype they created over time, few worthy titles, indie invasion, quantity over quality in short.

As a gamer i love all the systems (yes i have favorites but that doesn't mean i hate the rest) but i consider this a very slow start, do you guys think this years E3 will be the big boom or we'll be up in the air like this for another year?

I want quality, good story, fluid movement and action... i played enough 8bit-16bit games back in the day, i don't think we need this right now. There are good indie games that are similar to an "interactive story" but is this what we want from this gen or we want to see a real push from last gen?

Thank you for your time for reading this and i hope you guys can share some thoughts.

I do agree with you with all the retro games, i am sick of them tbh. I prefer Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, Dust An Elysiant Tale, Mark of the Ninja, Trials Fusion, etc over all the rehashed of nostalgia.

But i do think 2015 will be vastly superior to this year

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts
@Maddie_Larkin said:

I doubt we will see alot of exclusives for one, nor are we going to see alot of 3rd Party games that innovate. Due to the Price to develop, and buyers habits, we will likely not see alot of innovation...

The last gen killed off a Whole lot of devs, and alot of mid-big Publishers. It IS a relatively small amount of games making the Money back, so no, we will not see alot of innovation or big titles. The best bet is the step between Indie and AAA games (the AA games of old, making thier return). Where we might see the actual good and new.

So it is the grave we dug for ourselves. It is what we were warned about.

I agree with the above 3 sentences. The demand for graphic fidelity has killed off a huge part of the industry. And this will only continue. I'm waiting for the indie games get good enough to look modern and play well.

That said, 2015 should be a good year. I don't know too many release dates other than "coming in 2015". So it may well be that it's the end of the year that's stacked.