Gabriel Knight REMAKE !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FelipeInside (27701 posts) -

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/10/gabriel-knight-sins-of-the-fathers-is-being-remade-published-by-activision/

Oh yeah baby !!!

#2 Edited by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

I saw this the other day and got really excited. We played the Sierra adventure games a lot as kids, but my parents never let us play Phantasmagoria or Gabriel Knight. I don't think I missed anything with Phantasmagoria, but Gabriel Knight has always looked great. I'm really excited to get a chance to play it.

#3 Edited by Planeforger (16687 posts) -

I'm conflicted....should I call Gabriel Knight: Sins of thhe Fathers the best adventure game of all time, or should I leave that spot for Monkey Island 2 or Grim Fandango?

Well, whatever, it's certainly up there.

It is great to hear that Jane Jensen is on board with the remake. Although if they're re-doing the dialogue and don't bring back Tim Curry and Mark Hamill...heads will roll!

#4 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (20015 posts) -

Planeforger beat me to it: Tim Curry and Mark Hamill simply must reprise their roles. It's not like they are expensive actors anymore, there's no excuse not to have them.

#5 Edited by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

One of the games I missed out on back in the day, I always heard good things about the series though.

#6 Posted by Jacanuk (7007 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/10/gabriel-knight-sins-of-the-fathers-is-being-remade-published-by-activision/

Oh yeah baby !!!

Great news i loved the original.

Buf if anyone likes Jane Jensen´s work they should check out Cognition, awesome Telltale-Gabe knight adventure game which Jane Jensen worked on that as well.

#7 Edited by RoslindaleOne (7566 posts) -

This was one of my all time favorites back then. Man, this is going to bring back memories.

#8 Edited by Pedro (22636 posts) -

Never played the first but I player Gabriel Knight the beast within and loved it. The story was very intriguing and immersive. The graphics of first one was a bit too oldschool for my liking but a remake can definitely change my mind. Hopefully they are able to keep the strong narrative.

#9 Edited by dipdish (876 posts) -

I 'd wanted to play it, but did not have a chance back then. Now, I'm waiting for the remake. = )

#10 Edited by Leftel (102 posts) -

Never played the first one, but I will try the remake ^-^