Fun Mega Man Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KnoxTN1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KnoxTN1611
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Do we have any other Megaman fans on here? I grew up on the series. Finally I discovered the X series in 4th grade. Such great memories... Especially of MM2 and MM3. Anyhow I have a few fun questions to invoke discussion. 1. Who were your 5 favourite classic Megaman Robot Masters? 2. What were your 5 favourite stages? 3. What were your 5 favourite special weapons/power-ups? 4. What were your 5 favourite songs in the classic series (regular or Wily stages)? 5. Did you ever come up with an idea for your own robot master that should have been in one of the games? If so, what are his abilities and powers and what is his stage like? 6. Does anyone have hard feelings toward Capcom for how they have turned their back on this series?
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

The original MMX on SNES is really what got me into the series. Since I first saw it at my cousins house at a very young age I was obsessed! Since then I have really only beaten the 3 X games on SNES, and Im working on X4 on the Gamecube collection from time to time. I like the original NES series, but I especially love the fast paced action of the X series, and all the hidden items those games offer.

That said, are your questions limited to just the original series?

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Mega Man - the first one might be my favorite of all the series and spin-offs. I remember playing it sometime in 1988, and while I wanted to love the game, it was too frustratingly-difficult for me at that time, to get much enjoyment out of it. Since that time, I've played, and re-played, and actually it was Mega Man 9 and 10 played on Xbox 360 that got me to go back and replay quite a bit of the first game. So, to get on-topic and answer most of the questions: 1. Ice Man, Fire Man, Elec Man, Bomb Man, Guts Man. 2. Those stages. 3. Well, if the various "Rush" items count, like the jet and the 'jump pad', as well as charging up the Mega Buster, those would be the main special weapons. 4. Probably the stage music listed for 1, but the short 'character select' and 'boss intro' clips are still memorable. 5. Can't say that I've thought too much about it, so right now, I'd have to say no. 6. I don't know that Capcom has turned their back on the series, as MM 9 and MM 10 just came out a couple years ago, as well as their strong support of a user mod "Mega Man vs Street Fighter" that they released officially directly from their own website, and it happened to be during the 25th Anniversary. I also wanted to add that one of my favorite NES games is Duck Tales, and it was recently that I realized how much similarity there was between it and Mega Man. The quality and variety of stages, the boss battles, and especially the music, it was like the perfect 'kid version' of Mega Man.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I have games in the series that I prefer (2. 3, X, X4, Powered Up) but haven't really given much thought to overall favorite stages/bosses/music. Guts Man, Quick Man, and Skull Man are some of my favorite robot masters that come to mind but I'd have to think more about a top 5. Mega Man 10 is only 3 years old, so I don't know for sure if Capcom turned it's back on Mega Man. Legends 3 getting cancelled was disappointing but it wasn't really much of a surprise since Inafune left. (I do about BoF6 though)
KnoxTN1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KnoxTN1611
Yes, you can include the X series in the discussion. Here are my own answers: 1. Who were your 5 favourite classic Megaman Robot Masters? Shadow Man, Quick Man, Needle Man, Pharaoh Man, and Metal Man 2. What were your 5 favourite stages? Needle Man, Flash Man, Crash Man, Gravity Man, and Bubble Man 3. What were your 5 favourite special weapons/power-ups? Metal Blade, Gemini Laser, Centaur Flash, Atomic Fire, and Needle Cannon 4. What were your 5 favourite songs in the classic series (regular or Wily stages)? MM2 Wily Stage 1, MM3 Intro, Dust Man, Flash Man, and Needle Man (Snake Man, Metal Man, Bubble Man, Spark Man, MM5 Intro, and the MM3 Wily Stages are honorable mentions) 5. Did you ever come up with an idea for your own robot master that should have been in one of the games? If so, what are his abilities and powers and what is his stage like? Laser Man, who shoots laser beams at you. He also turns into himself and bounces around the room off the walls and hits you, before reforming and firing more laser shots. 6. Does anyone have hard feelings toward Capcom for how they have turned their back on this series? I wasn't happy with the droppings of Legends. All further works were scrapped with the leaving of Inafune, and there was that insulting "Bad Box Art Megaman" in the new SFXT game. I know there was the SFXMM game for PC but that was more or less fan-made with the approval of Capcom. If Capcom truly cared for the series, I believe they would have ported the game to WII, PSN, and XBL for download. It appears the future is bleak for the series.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

and there was that insulting "Bad Box Art Megaman" in the new SFXT game.KnoxTN1611

I didn't really find that insulting at all. And proper Mega Man is in the new upcoming Smash Bros.

KnoxTN1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KnoxTN1611
Ah yes, I totally forgot all about that!
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

Do we have any other Megaman fans on here? I grew up on the series. Finally I discovered the X series in 4th grade. Such great memories... Especially of MM2 and MM3. Anyhow I have a few fun questions to invoke discussion. 1. Who were your 5 favourite classic Megaman Robot Masters? 2. What were your 5 favourite stages? 3. What were your 5 favourite special weapons/power-ups? 4. What were your 5 favourite songs in the classic series (regular or Wily stages)? 5. Did you ever come up with an idea for your own robot master that should have been in one of the games? If so, what are his abilities and powers and what is his stage like? 6. Does anyone have hard feelings toward Capcom for how they have turned their back on this series?KnoxTN1611

Cool

1. 5 favorite mavericks in x series? Hmm... Boomer Kuwanger (X), Magna Centipede(X2), Gravity Beetle(X3), Spark Mandrill (X), Storm Eagle (X)

2. 5 favorite stages? Sting Chameleon's (X), Crush Crawfish's (X3), Overdrive Ostrich's (X2), Magma Dragoon's (X4), Sigma Stage 1 (X)

3. Favorite Weapons/ Power Ups? Dash (X), Any buster upgrade (X series), Storm Tornado (X), Boomerang Cutter (X), Gutsman's power (MM 1)

4. Favorite Song? This one's tough. They're all awsome. Wily stage 1 (MM2), Spark Mandrill theme (X), Bubble Crab theme (X2), Toxic Seahorse theme (X3) Cyber Peacock theme (X4)

5. Did I ever have any ideas for bosses? Not really. Mine wouldn't compare to Capcom's anyways:P

6. They're not really abusing the franchise in general, They've made MM 9 & 10 on VC, and they got him onto Smash. Although a new X game would be nice, although IDK how the most recent games are... whether or not things have changed too much:evil: Im just glad they're not over-using mega man. Any new game would be taken more seriously the longer they wait

KnoxTN1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KnoxTN1611
Hey conkertheking1, speaking of the X series... I liked the "X Hunters" in X2. I thought that was pretty cool, especially Agile. And Vile in X. Who would've thought he would be back in X3?