Full price games $85-$90

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

It just dawn on me that game publishers have technically raised the price of their games via DLC. If you are to purchase a full game it would be $60 base price and $25-$30 for the season pass. The worse part of it all is that with DLC you have to wait for the rest of the game to be released so they are not only raising the price but trickling the content as its being developed.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Pedro said:

It just dawn on me that game publishers have technically raised the price of their games via DLC. If you are to purchase a full game it would be $60 base price and $25-$30 for the season pass. The worse part of it all is that with DLC you have to wait for the rest of the game to be released so they are not only raising the price but trickling the content as its being developed.

I dont agree

If you are a wise consumer you would also know how to get even new titles for less then full price.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

i can't wait for pc gaming.

and, xbox controllers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

I dont agree

If you are a wise consumer you would also know how to get even new titles for less then full price.

So you don't agree that the price of games are $60 and the season pass is $25-$30? I didn't know that such info was an opinion.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacanuk

@Pedro said:

@Jacanuk said:

I dont agree

If you are a wise consumer you would also know how to get even new titles for less than full price.

So you don't agree that the price of games are $60 and the season pass is $25-$30? I didn't know that such info was an opinion.

Right because that was what i disagreed with.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

True. The Digital Guardian Edition of Destiny I paid for was $90. Although I don't normally pay that much for games I buy day one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

I don't think that's a fair assumption. It costs money to make dlc also and it is extra content which one isn't obligated to buy so to say they raised the price of their games isn't really all that accurate.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@Archangel3371 said:

I don't think that's a fair assumption. It costs money to make dlc also and it is extra content which one isn't obligated to buy so to say they raised the price of their games isn't really all that accurate.

Exactly also as i said with the discounts that are almost always there even before release a game rarely cost 60$. So no they didn´t raise the price.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

What many say is the issue is that video games in the past were generally as long as the sixty dollar versions of modern games plus the downloadable content.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

@BranKetra said:

@Archangel3371 said:

What many say is the issue is that video games in the past were generally as long as the sixty dollar versions of modern games plus the downloadable content.

That seems like a broad generalisation to me as well. While I wouldn't say that it's entirely untrue I question the legitimacy on placing value on merely the number of hours it takes to play a game. One could simply put in bactracking and filler content or purposely slow down progression in a game and claim it has value because it takes X number of hours to play.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Pretty ridiculous that I currently only own 2 PS4 games and no more. These greedy fucks just aren't making any progress with me at all. More people need to stop buying their overpriced and over-rated shitware and they'll literally have no choice but to drop prices.

PC is doing it right, I can find almost any game I'm interested in on PC at a fair price. Consoles offer me no tangible benefits and it costs more...**** that noise.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

In Australia thats how much it is for the base of a brand new game, not even the special edition or anything! Consider yourselves lucky.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 branketra

@Archangel3371 said:

@BranKetra said:

@Archangel3371 said:

That seems like a broad generalisation to me as well. While I wouldn't say that it's entirely untrue I question the legitimacy on placing value on merely the number of hours it takes to play a game. One could simply put in bactracking and filler content or purposely slow down progression in a game and claim it has value because it takes X number of hours to play.

You are correct about backtracking and filler content. That said, reviews would have reflected that in which case the greatest deciding factor for or against this point by those who have said that would most likely be the total number of games and the average of their ranks divided by console generation.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 branketra

@Archangel3371 said:

@BranKetra said:

@Archangel3371 said:

You are correct about backtracking and filler content. That said, reviews would have reflected that in which case the greatest deciding factor for or against this point by those who have said that would most likely be the total number of games and the average of their ranks divided by console generation.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

The DLC are extra options. You still get the complete game for $60. That you can pick and choose what you want. DLC is the best way for game deveoplers to make games with the raising cost of making games and gamers refusing to pay more.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

or you good just wait for the steam sales and goty editions

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Yeah what you mean full price oO

DLC or add-ons or expansions

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#20 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Pedro said:

it's 120 bucks here without the DLC...