This topic is locked from further discussion.

theamitgoyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 theamitgoyal
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts

Here's the trouble... I really like FPS... but I dont do very well on them on the console.

And I know that the mouse is way better than a gamepad for FPS but PC Gaming is not an option for me. So my question for all those who love FPS on consoles... any tips on how I can get better? I spend way too much time aiming.... I'm getting my PS3 tomorrow and I plan to buy the Orange Box. So wudnt mind a few game specific tips either...

Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

The only way to get better is through practice. Do you already own an Xbox 360, or is the PS3 gonna be your first current-gen console? I wouldn't worry too much. If you're enthusiastic about something, you'll get better with it over time.

I remember when I first played PC shooters with the mouse and keyboard control scheme back in the late 90s, I found it difficult. I was used to keyboard-only shooters like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D and wondered how in the world people got used to coordinating with a mouse as well. Now it's second nature to me.

theamitgoyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 theamitgoyal

No this wud be my first current gen console.... was slugging it out on the PS2 before this.

Have played a few shooters on PS2 (COD3, Black, Killzone).... COD3 had the aiming assist so it made things better... but i was wasting a lot of bullets in Black and Killzone.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

I recommend to get 360 if it's your first current gen console. It has better games, better multiplatforms (including Orange Box) and it's cheaper.

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

I'm the exact opposite of you actually. I'm fairly capable on FPS's with the control pad and i tend to suck it up with the mouse. It's really just a matter of getting adjusted to the new style of control. The more you play the easier it will get. There is no secret mantra, no road map, just practise practise practise and in the chaos of a gunflight stuff just clicks.

theamitgoyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 theamitgoyal

I guess practise is the trick... actually part of the reason was that I didn't like the available PS2 FPS. COD3 was fun but Black was sort of boring and Killzone plainly sucked!

Hopefully with the Orange Box, Resistance and the Darkness I should get better at the FPS. Actually I did contemplate the 360 for its strong FPS line-up, but 3PS is still my first love :).. and wudnt wanna miss out on GOW, Jak and Daxter, R&C and Uncharted... so decided to stick with Sony