WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

I reckon this should be perfect kind of physics for a FPS game as well as keeping cut scenes in FPS perspective of the character.

I came across this movie last night, unlike found footage, the guy has camera on his glasses which gives freedom of using both hands as well as movement. Not a film to revolutionaze the industry haha, but worth a watch for the filming perspective.

What do you guys think, mainly you FPS fans :) ?

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Many FPS games do this while maintaining first person view the entire time. Some, like the Half-Life series, can tell their entire story without even having cutscenes.

But it doesn't really matter, does it? We get, like, 1 FPS every year with a half-way decent story. The problem with story telling FPS games is hardly the delivery mechanism.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

If the protagonist is mute I'm going to be really annoyed. It could be neat, but to be honest a lot of horror movies go "found footage" these days because it's a huge cost saving measure when you don't have a large budget to begin with. Found footage movies are a bit of a paradox for me because I would describe them as one of my favorite genres of horror film while simultanously one of the worst in terms of overall quality of most of the entries. It's just that when it's done right, it can be brilliant.

-Byshop

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@XaosII: Well Wolfenstein had good mechanics but still not close to being simulated. To me FPS, especially on PC feels to fast and really unrealistic

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I hate FPS cut scenes. Nothing break my immersion in the game more than when a game stay in the bad camera angle of the FPS. When I am watching a cut scene from Half-life games and other games that stay first person I should be getting more immersed into the story and not want them to stop being lazy and put an effort into make decent cut scene.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

Remember when the cut scene graphics were always 100% better than the in game (gameplay) graphics lol