Found a flaw in the Playstation VITA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

It's complicated to explain, but I found if you've registered your Vita to your PS3 which most people will do for remote play and other features, certain cross-play games won't let you play with your PS3 locally, because the way the games tend to use a lobby, in which you must join via Friends request, which you can't do because you can't friend yourself and your VITA shares the same account as the PS3.

Dragons Crown is a prime example. Had i not registered my Vita to my PS3 I could have 2 people on the PS3 and the VITA player could join the game by entering the lobby from friends request. Since it's classed as the same account, I can't use it to join my own network games.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

That is a strange oversight.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

I thought the biggest flaw was it didn't have any games really worthwhile.. cept maybe Dragon's Crown.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@dotWithShoes said:

I thought the biggest flaw was it didn't have any games really worthwhile.. cept maybe Dragon's Crown.

Persona 4, Guacamelee, Sly Cooper, AC Liberation, Killzone Mercenary, Proteus, Gravity Rush, Hotline Miami are all games not playing?

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dotWithShoes

@The_Last_Ride said:

@dotWithShoes said:

Persona 4, Guacamelee, Sly Cooper, AC Liberation, Killzone Mercenary, Proteus, Gravity Rush, Hotline Miami are all games not playing?

Not games that can't be experienced elsewhere, cept Gravity Rush. I forgot about it.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@dotWithShoes said:

You're trying to reason with a guy with a Mario avatar. In my decade here at the forums, that has never been done.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@CarnageHeart said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@dotWithShoes said:

You're trying to reason with a guy with a Mario avatar. In my decade here at the forums, that has never been done.

Well i tried at least

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dotWithShoes

@CarnageHeart said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@dotWithShoes said:

Are you going to try to reason that the Vita doesn't have a major lack of games worth playing? That's Luigi btw, not Mario.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CarnageHeart

@dotWithShoes said:

@CarnageHeart said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@dotWithShoes said:

Are you going to try to reason that the Vita doesn't have a major lack of games worth playing? That's Luigi btw, not Mario.

Try to reason with you? What did I just tell Last Ride?

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

I don't view that so much as an oversight rather than it semi-prevents game "sharing". You can still play with yourself over a local network, just not with PSN.

Oh and The_Last_Ride is right. Aside from Killzone Mercenary and Gravity Rush there's really screw all exclusives worthwhile on the Vita. That said I do prefer some games on the Vita to the PS3 like Guacamelee, Disgaea 4, etc.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CarnageHeart

@Chickan_117 said:

I don't view that so much as an oversight rather than it semi-prevents game "sharing". You can still play with yourself over a local network, just not with PSN.

Oh and The_Last_Ride is right. Aside from Killzone Mercenary and Gravity Rush there's really screw all exclusives worthwhile on the Vita. That said I do prefer some games on the Vita to the PS3 like Guacamelee, Disgaea 4, etc.

Considering Disgaea 4 isn't on the Vita yet, I can't help but be impressed by the depth of your knowledge.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@Chickan_117 said:

True, i am not saying that Vita has the best library ever, but to dismiss it has an awesome library is stupid in my book. Some games are even better on the vita compared to the PS3

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13  Edited By Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

True, i am not saying that Vita has the best library ever, but to dismiss it has an awesome library is stupid in my book. Some games are even better on the vita compared to the PS3

Oops, I meant to say I agreed with @dotWithShoes :)

@CarnageHeart said:

Considering Disgaea 4 isn't on the Vita yet, I can't help but be impressed by the depth of your knowledge.

I'm pretty awesome like that :)

OR I know something you don't and used my contacts to get a copy (highly unlikely)

OR I made a mistake and meant 3 (voted most likely to be true)