First Rock Band Footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts

Granted, the people in the video are hamming it up pretty rude, but holy balls does that look rad. And it's friggin' Welcome to the Jungle!

EDIT: Sadly, this video had to come down, so I shall be locking the thread. I swear, it was totally awesome, though!

themexican201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 themexican201
Member since 2003 • 368 Posts
Thank you for posting this! This game does indeed look like pure heaven, I like the end part so is it pretty much you just play whatever you want at the end? Either way....this rocks!
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Nice, this is definetly on my watch list. Im still playing guitar hero 2..... I HATE YOU PSCHYOBILLY FREAKOUT.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
The drum set stuff looks interesting, but it's kind of a drag that it's just pads, and not even a single rubber cymbal pad going on. The only thing regarding the drum interface that I find a bit odd to read off the bat is the whole 'single line across the path' thing to indicate a kick drum hit...but it makes sense.
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts

Wow, getting four people on this is going to be so much fun. But where is the equalent of the fretboard for the drummer? I don't see it...

Edit: Yeah I see it now:P I thought there were two guitars and one bass :)

I heard someone said they were having The Who's Won't get fooled again, I'd love to play that song, great bass, ****ing excellent drumming, doing the windmill and powersliding in front of the TV awesome, and that "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!" is going to be such a rush to scream. Can't wait.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

Wow, getting four people on this is going to be so much fun. But where is the equalent of the fretboard for the drummer? I don't see it...

toment
It's the middle fretboard. THe top of the screen is lyrics, Lower left is lead guitar, middle is drums, right is bass/rhythm, I think.
Sumotaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sumotaii
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts
Personally if your gonna do all that, why not just start your own real band and play real instruments. I'm not knocking the game, i got the two guitar hero games and there fun as hell, but there just games with a cool controller to have fun. This game seems like its trying to hard to make a actual band when in reality its just alot better practicing with real instruments as a band. If it looks that good i might just get it with the guitar as another guitar hero, but if its that cheesy looking ill stick to guitar hero 3 where its more just getting that score high like the old days of gaming. I just don't wanna see the future of music be replaced by online rock bands with plastic instruments.
GT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GT90
Member since 2002 • 6256 Posts
I am not liking the look of the game, it really needs to separate it's self from Guitar Hero if it wants to sell well imo.
Avatar image for Watch_Me_Xplode
Watch_Me_Xplode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Watch_Me_Xplode
Member since 2005 • 8049 Posts
Looks like I may be buying this game after all. :P Buying everything's gonna hurt my wallet, but this game's surely gonna rock!
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
To be honest, I wasn't that interested in this game. That is before I seen this video! It looks awesome. Its also awesome that the Guitar Hero 2 controller works on this game because that saves me a bit of money. Even if I don't get into the other aspects of the game, its another Guitar Hero anyway, just a different name. I am so looking forward to these games coming out. Should be a lot of fun. :)
Empire730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Empire730
Member since 2004 • 525 Posts

Consider me almost sold on this game. The reason I say almost is because I still have to buy a PS3 or 360. Another reason is that if I buy the game I would like to have all of the peripherals, and that is going to be pricey. But, being a huge, huge, Guns N' Roses fan, I am happy to see Welcome To The Jungle in the game. Although I would rather see Paradise City.

If the songs are there and the online play is solid, then I am all for Rock Band.

iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iMuffins
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
That looks awesome, but the guy on the guitar was getting just a little too into it...
Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shinedown220
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts
The drums look fricken awesome. This game is gunna ROCK!!!
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
Totally looking forward to this game. I mean, it's Welcome to the Freakin' Jungle! I sense a possible GOTY contender. ^_^
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Wow. The game's shaping up really good. What will happen online if there are only guitar players? I have the feeling it's going to be a triumph to find a drum player among a sea of axe wielders.

DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
That looks insanely kick ass
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#18 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

Xbox 306? Is that a repaired 360? :P

Seriously though, the game is looking to be pretty good.

Chippa7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chippa7
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts

Wow. The game's shaping up really good. What will happen online if there are only guitar players? I have the feeling it's going to be a triumph to find a drum player among a sea of axe wielders.

SteelAttack

I don't think that'll be too much of a problem. We had three people in the office try and shotgun drums when Rock Band was first announced. I think the real question is how hard it's going to be to get the tape residue out of your clothes after you stick the mic to your chest, so you can belt out lyrics and drum/shred at once.