Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II SNES)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I recent threat made me really think back to the days of Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II) for the SNES. To this day that game will go down as my all time favorite game, as that really was the first RPG that I played and got into. The story was excellent, the graphics and music/sound at the time were fabulous and the battle system while basic was a lot of fun. I really wish the final Fantasy franchise would release a game that would go back to a much less futuristic/modern time like this setting. I am sure I am in the minority hear, but this was my favorite final fantasy game and I still go back to the PS verison of this game and play it from time to time. Anyone else a huge fan of this classis, or just wish the series would take a turn back to its roots??

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

So you like FFIV then eh? So do I, yes music, characters, story etc was great.

Also what you're asking for is for final fantasy to go back to its fantasy roots as opposed to cyber-punk settings it has been in for a while. I thought FF12 was a hearkening back to older games in the series, although for the last "true" fantasy FF was 9.

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts

I recent threat made me really think back to the days of Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II) for the SNES. To this day that game will go down as my all time favorite game, as that really was the first RPG that I played and got into. The story was excellent, the graphics and music/sound at the time were fabulous and the battle system while basic was a lot of fun. I really wish the final Fantasy franchise would release a game that would go back to a much less futuristic/modern time like this setting. I am sure I am in the minority hear, but this was my favorite final fantasy game and I still go back to the PS verison of this game and play it from time to time. Anyone else a huge fan of this classis, or just wish the series would take a turn back to its roots??

TheRaiderNation
I never played Final Fantasy IV, but I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy VI (III), I love everything about it and it is one of my favorit RPG's along next to Chorno Trigger
Avatar image for HardcoreKiller2
HardcoreKiller2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HardcoreKiller2
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts
I love Final Fantasy IV, probably my 2nd favorite out of all the FF games (VI is my favorite). I can't wait till Square-Enix releases the FFIV DS remake over here in USA. And if they don't, well I guess I have another reason to learn Japanese. Also, I would like Final Fantasy to go back to its roots, but still keep the battle system that was in FFXII, I really liked that battle system for some reason.
Manyac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Manyac
Member since 2005 • 572 Posts
i agree, the old final fantasies are wonderful. i still play the ps and snes games (the later now on GBA, and posibly DS if I ever get one)
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheRaiderNation
Thats def what I was trying to say, I wish the FF series to a set back from its cyber-punk roots. I am def looking foward to the DS verision coming out
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheRaiderNation

Long live Final Fantasy IV

Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts

Final Fantasy IV was my first and favorite Final Fantasy game, and I will always look back fondly on the game (Thank you nostalgia). Likeable characters, great music, good story, it had it all. Personally, I'd only rank Chrono Trigger above it as far as SNES RPGs go.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

FFIV was just pure awesome, awesome characters (Cecil and Kain) and pretty awesome story.

I hope FFIV comes out for the DS (NA) sometime soon :?

TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheRaiderNation
The characters were memerable in this game, even the villians like Globez. And who can forget the fight the Antlion!
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

definitely the best one ever made. so many great moments... when you get to the Underworld and there are all of those caves to explore (Land of Summoned Monster with the fight against Leviathan is epic), and when you are in the giant robot and have to fight all Four Fiends one after another is absolutely amazing.

The best part is that it is fun to play over and over again. So many RPGs lose their appeal after playing through them once.

Can't wait to play it on DS. Updated graphics, and more challenging game play will mean that I get to love it all over again.