Final Fantasy 15 is already out. It's called Bravely Default

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shmiity (5392 posts) -

Who actually cares about Final Fantasy 15? 13-3 is absolutely awful, and Bravery Default was a huge success. People keep asking for Final Fantasy to get its act together, so what is Square doing?

This company bothers me. The best final fantasy game in decades is a Final Fantasy rip-off game with a different title. Also, what a massive troll that Bravely Default and FF 13-3 were released within 5 days of each other in the states.

Why do we keep holding on to this spoiled milk series, when it has never been better than the roots?

#2 Posted by blamix99 (2586 posts) -

it will get better once FFXV will get released

#3 Posted by Metamania (12027 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

it will get better once FFXV will get released

That depends on if they actually get their act together and make a FF game worthy of playing since X.

#4 Posted by blamix99 (2586 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@blamix99 said:

it will get better once FFXV will get released

That depends on if they actually get their act together and make a FF game worthy of playing since X.

XII was great, yeah X is a Masterpiece. just have faith in XV, it will be great hopefully.. lets just have a little faith and wait

#5 Posted by Metamania (12027 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

@Metamania said:

@blamix99 said:

it will get better once FFXV will get released

That depends on if they actually get their act together and make a FF game worthy of playing since X.

XII was great, yeah X is a Masterpiece. just have faith in XV, it will be great hopefully.. lets just have a little faith and wait

I'll have faith when they make a game that is worthy of bearing the FF name. Last I checked, this game called Bravely Default has all the makings of a FF game I want, minus a few things that aren't in there, but yeah...maybe Square Enix should look at that and go "Why the fuck haven't we done that since X?"

#6 Edited by blamix99 (2586 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@blamix99 said:

@Metamania said:

@blamix99 said:

it will get better once FFXV will get released

That depends on if they actually get their act together and make a FF game worthy of playing since X.

XII was great, yeah X is a Masterpiece. just have faith in XV, it will be great hopefully.. lets just have a little faith and wait

I'll have faith when they make a game that is worthy of bearing the FF name. Last I checked, this game called Bravely Default has all the makings of a FF game I want, minus a few things that aren't in there, but yeah...maybe Square Enix should look at that and go "Why the fuck haven't we done that since X?"

maybe Square merging with Enix is badluck, FFX was the last FF game of Squaresoft

#7 Edited by Mesomorphin (879 posts) -

But...but...but this is final fantasy 15

#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (23926 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@blamix99 said:

it will get better once FFXV will get released

That depends on if they actually get their act together and make a FF game worthy of playing since X.

You mean FF9, 10 was horrible cause of that POC Tidus.

#9 Edited by turtlethetaffer (17255 posts) -

I think people are waaaaaay overblowing Bravely Default. It is a very, very good game, but really it's just a remake of Final Fantasy V. The job system is almost exactly the same, and so far the plot isn't terribly original either. There are other, more innovative recent JRPGs that are more "amazing" than Bravely Default.

That being said, I'm enjoying the game a lot right now. Really like the Brave/ default system.

#10 Edited by Gargus (2147 posts) -

@Shmiity said:

Who actually cares about Final Fantasy 15? 13-3 is absolutely awful, and Bravery Default was a huge success. People keep asking for Final Fantasy to get its act together, so what is Square doing?

This company bothers me. The best final fantasy game in decades is a Final Fantasy rip-off game with a different title. Also, what a massive troll that Bravely Default and FF 13-3 were released within 5 days of each other in the states.

Why do we keep holding on to this spoiled milk series, when it has never been better than the roots?

Hilarious.

People complain when things change, and they complain when they stay the same. They want a long running series to be exactly the same thing as it was 20 years ago when they try and do new things or keep it current. Then when they do make it current and try not to just do the same old thing people complain.

If you don’t like the new final fantasies then just don’t play them. Bitching on a forum to a bunch of random internet strangers isn’t going to change anything less to the fact, no one cares.

#11 Edited by ShepardCommandr (3395 posts) -

i really need to get me a 3ds.I've heard nothing but good things about this game.

#12 Posted by Shmiity (5392 posts) -

@Gargus said:

@Shmiity said:

Who actually cares about Final Fantasy 15? 13-3 is absolutely awful, and Bravery Default was a huge success. People keep asking for Final Fantasy to get its act together, so what is Square doing?

This company bothers me. The best final fantasy game in decades is a Final Fantasy rip-off game with a different title. Also, what a massive troll that Bravely Default and FF 13-3 were released within 5 days of each other in the states.

Why do we keep holding on to this spoiled milk series, when it has never been better than the roots?

Hilarious.

People complain when things change, and they complain when they stay the same. They want a long running series to be exactly the same thing as it was 20 years ago when they try and do new things or keep it current. Then when they do make it current and try not to just do the same old thing people complain.

If you don’t like the new final fantasies then just don’t play them. Bitching on a forum to a bunch of random internet strangers isn’t going to change anything less to the fact, no one cares.

Let's just eliminate all negative discussion and criticism and say every game is great. Let's all sit back and watch final fantasy suck ass, because we can't change anything. You're so inspiring.

#13 Edited by huerito323 (1396 posts) -

Lightning Returns is awesome. Screw the haters.

Every Final Fantasy game gets hate, it's almost a part of the franchise. If it gets no hate, it's not Final Fantasy. Funny how you say FFX was the last FF game, when that one got a ton of hate as well, and wasn't a "real" Final Fantasy game to many. The trend never stops.

#14 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@Gargus said:

@Shmiity said:

Who actually cares about Final Fantasy 15? 13-3 is absolutely awful, and Bravery Default was a huge success. People keep asking for Final Fantasy to get its act together, so what is Square doing?

This company bothers me. The best final fantasy game in decades is a Final Fantasy rip-off game with a different title. Also, what a massive troll that Bravely Default and FF 13-3 were released within 5 days of each other in the states.

Why do we keep holding on to this spoiled milk series, when it has never been better than the roots?

Hilarious.

People complain when things change, and they complain when they stay the same. They want a long running series to be exactly the same thing as it was 20 years ago when they try and do new things or keep it current. Then when they do make it current and try not to just do the same old thing people complain.

If you don’t like the new final fantasies then just don’t play them. Bitching on a forum to a bunch of random internet strangers isn’t going to change anything less to the fact, no one cares.

I agree that Squenix clearly doesn't care what anybody thinks, but when a company ignores gamers, gamers ignore the company (week one sales of FF13-3 in Japan were less than 20% of those of FF13). A lot of smart, successful developers read message boards and otherwise interact with fans. They don't let fans dictate the design of a game, but they listen to what we have to say because sometimes we have good ideas.

What is weird about FF13 is that it wasn't a particularly popular game, so I honestly don't understand why Squenix chose to give it two direct follow-ups rather than doing the usual FF thing and creating new characters, storylines, worlds and battle systems (though I understand that FF13-3's battle system doesn't have anything to do with those of its predecessors).