Fighting games that have one round, but multiple health bars for each character?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

So yeah recently, I've been playing some DBZ: Budokai and watching some Injustice: Gods Among Us videos and looking at the gameplay of those make me wonder, what other games have the "one round, multiple health bars each" method?

As DBZ and Injustice are my only examples, here's what I mean:

In DBZ: Budokai (I think this is in it's sequels as well), every character has up to three health bars, going from being colored green, to orange, then red before that character loses, while in Injustice, there were two going from a white-ish gray to red.

Are there any other fighters long before any of these that use something similar? Just curious and those are the only ones I can think of that do.

dahui58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 dahui58
Member since 2005 • 21566 Posts

Marvel vs Capcom, although that might have rounds. You could probably set it to 1 round though.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
All of those spawned from Samurai Shodown and Last Blade. Those are the originators of multi-health bar single round fighting games.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts
All of those spawned from Samurai Shodown and Last Blade. Those are the originators of multi-health bar single round fighting games.nini200
Okay thanks. Every time I think of that system, the earliest I can think of is DBZ: Budokai, as I wasn't too heavily invested at fighters at the time.
Alucard_Inoue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Alucard_Inoue
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Darkstalkers and Naruto games as well.