FF8 Disc4 First Adel Fight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Princesspg (2 posts) -
Hey guys, this is my first post, w00t! Anyways, I'm stuck on the first fight with Adel, aka- first thing you do on disc 4. I'm at rly high lvls then what other ppl have been, squall- 69, rinoa- 38, selphie- 32, quistis- 34, zell 36, and irvine- 33. My party in this fight i started out with squall, quistis and zell, since they were my strongest fighters. but then I read up that it's not just about brown its about stratedy for this fight. I switched zell with selphie. Maby my junctions are wrong? I heard those mean alot. What junctions should I have?
#2 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
just read some ff8 faqs/walkthrough, it helps alot. theres one here on gamespot. i played this game along time but here are 2 tips that stuck in my head. first, make sure all the draws you have are all 99 (full) in all your characters who is doing the battles. second, if its hard. make sure squall uses the lionheart (if you get lucky) or the renzukoken available right away at the beginning of the fight. i remember fighting bahamut (sidequest) and was able to kill him with just lionheart alone in one move. also check some vids on youtube if theres any. you might get some tips.
#3 Posted by Princesspg (2 posts) -

just read some ff8 faqs/walkthrough, it helps alot. theres one here on gamespot. i played this game along time but here are 2 tips that stuck in my head. first, make sure all the draws you have are all 99 (full) in all your characters who is doing the battles. second, if its hard. make sure squall uses the lionheart (if you get lucky) or the renzukoken available right away at the beginning of the fight. i remember fighting bahamut (sidequest) and was able to kill him with just lionheart alone in one move. also check some vids on youtube if theres any. you might get some tips.anbu-black-ops

thnx but, that doesn't rly help me : /

#4 Posted by Epitaph_User (20 posts) -
It will be tough if you don't have powerfull junctioned magic. To be honest, I played FFVIII the first time straight forward and when I fought Seifer the battle was easy. Adel, on the other hand, was impossible to me. I had to read a guide to discover that there are two islands with hidden draw points and also high level mosnters (not a problem if you have no-encounter ability from Diablos). However, to go there before Adel you need your disc 3 last save to be able to exit Pandora. If not, well... good luck:)
#5 Posted by LionheartWings (10 posts) -
Hey guys, this is my first post, w00t! Anyways, I'm stuck on the first fight with Adel, aka- first thing you do on disc 4. I'm at rly high lvls then what other ppl have been, squall- 69, rinoa- 38, selphie- 32, quistis- 34, zell 36, and irvine- 33. My party in this fight i started out with squall, quistis and zell, since they were my strongest fighters. but then I read up that it's not just about brown its about stratedy for this fight. I switched zell with selphie. Maby my junctions are wrong? I heard those mean alot. What junctions should I have?Princesspg
Before you go fight Adele, fly the Ragnarok to the island closest to hell (It's somewhere near Galbadia, go look it up on google images.) And junction move-find to one of your characters in your party then go look for the hidden draw points and keep leaving and returning to get max magic and junction that to your characters and they should be pretty strong by the time you're done ^^