Feminists & SJW's fail to remove game from Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

So they were not taking our games away huh? I guess now people can't defend these people anymore...

Hatred has been removed from Steams early access program. Well screw these guys!

Here are just some reactions

Proof of that feminists and Social Justice Warriors took the game down

Link 1

Link 2

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Not quite sure Ride its SJW´s and Feminists who have gotten this game taken down.... This seems more like Steam has weighed the positive and negatives by having it on in terms of public relations and have found that the negatives far outweigh the positives.

But i wouldn't worry this game if you wish to play it will come out there if not on steam then on Indiegamestand or Desura or another DD platform.

As to it being taken down, well it is a game all about mass murder and nothing more, so i can see some of the issues with it. But with that said its a game and noone is forcing you to, so i honestly dont see a problem with steam having it on.

But Steam is a strange place

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

Not quite sure Ride its SJW´s and Feminists who have gotten this game taken down.... This seems more like Steam has weighed the positive and negatives by having it on in terms of public relations and have found that the negatives far outweigh the positives.

But i wouldn't worry this game if you wish to play it will come out there if not on steam then on Indiegamestand or Desura or another DD platform.

As to it being taken down, well it is a game all about mass murder and nothing more, so i can see some of the issues with it. But with that said its a game and noone is forcing you to, so i honestly dont see a problem with steam having it on.

They still have postal, GTA and Manhunt on the platform, that's a bad excuse.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#4 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Do you have any actual proof that feminists are responsible for this, because Valve certainly hasn't given any indication that they are the reason it is being removed.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

They still have postal, GTA and Manhunt on the platform, that's a bad excuse.

Indeed its a very bad excuse but its all about the public image and its like with the GTA V/IV in Australia , they have decided that it will cost them more not to take it down.

But ya i dont get it, hopefully they will get a huuuuuuge backlash from this and they will bring it back.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

@Kuromino said:

Do you have any actual proof that feminists are responsible for this, because Valve certainly hasn't given any indication that they are the reason it is being removed.

yup, i can't find the damn link of the guy who swore he was a feminist and wanted to take the game down. I will post it when i find it.

@Jacanuk said:

Indeed its a very bad excuse but its all about the public image and its like with the GTA V/IV in Australia , they have decided that it will cost them more not to take it down.

But ya i dont get it, hopefully they will get a huuuuuuge backlash from this and they will bring it back.

I really hope this game doesn't get canceled from this

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Kuromino said:

yup, i can't find the damn link of the guy who swore he was a feminist and wanted to take the game down. I will post it when i find it.

@Jacanuk said:

Nah wouldn´t worry about it being cancelled, being pulled from steam might actually be the best thing that could have happened. Which makes even more funny that we have these people at steam and also the media pouncing on the game, its pretty stupid they dont get that they are just giving it tons and more tons of PR and now even more people will buy it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk: The funny thing is that Kotaku and Polygon are basicly backing this removal

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Kuromino said:

Was he a Valve employee who was authorized to make executive decisions?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Well it's Valve's decision and personally I applaud them for removing it as I think the game is pure trash.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'm no feminist or SJW, but I'm personally glad this game is getting removed. All I could see from Hatred was a poor excuse for being a violent game without any reason or context other than "why not?" Postal was trying to prove a satirical point (same with Manhunt), and GTA has consequences for violent behavior through its cops. Hatred just...bothers me from a personal standpoint.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#12 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

its a shitty game so i couldn't care less. actually any normal person should want a game this sick removed, not just feminists.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

So where is this evidence that feminist lobbied for the removal of the game? Also how is the term Social Justice Warrior negative? Is fighting for social justice now negative thing? Whats wrong with you people. Are you guys the same people who defend devs' game making decision but somehow you don't think Steam should be allowed the same rite to refuse the sale of certain games.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Wasn't the maker of the game making threats towards Newell or was that a different game? If it's this one that's probably the reason.

Anyway, you people don't understand liberty wanting this game to be taken down, it doesn't matter if you think it's trash or not, censorship is a bad thing. Valve does have a right to not have the game on steam but you still shouldn't be cheering for censorship. Yeah it's trash but this is just like those feminists shutting down GTAV in australia, you can't be selective about it.

There were some fingers pointing to this developer being associated with a hate group, not sure if that's true or not.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@Chozofication said:

Wasn't the maker of the game making threats towards Newell or was that a different game? If it's this one that's probably the reason.

Anyway, you people don't understand liberty wanting this game to be taken down, it doesn't matter if you think it's trash or not, censorship is a bad thing. Valve does have a right to not have the game on steam but you still shouldn't be cheering for censorship. Yeah it's trash but this is just like those feminists shutting down GTAV in australia, you can't be selective about it.

There were some fingers pointing to this developer being associated with a hate group, not sure if that's true or not.

No, this game is not Paraneutical Activity which had gone past greenlight and had been in early access and was being released when the developer and creator of the game decided to go all "i am 19 and still just a kid".

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@mastermetal777 said:

I'm no feminist or SJW, but I'm personally glad this game is getting removed. All I could see from Hatred was a poor excuse for being a violent game without any reason or context other than "why not?" Postal was trying to prove a satirical point (same with Manhunt), and GTA has consequences for violent behavior through its cops. Hatred just...bothers me from a personal standpoint.

So what you are saying is that as long as the censorship is something you agree with its all fine and dandy?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro
@Chozofication said:

The funny thing about censorship is that it is something that will never go away. A person or society values determines what is acceptable and what is not. The only time censorship becomes an issue is when there is conflicting views on the same subject matter and that is when its demonized. However, it is a tool that is used by everyone especially for the re-reinforcement of views and values. So its only when its used to inhibit a view you share that its viewed negatively. The bulk of the times most people don't care because its inline with their beliefs and point of view.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

The game seemed pretty bad from what I've seen, but I don't like the precedent this sets, if what is claimed ends up being true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
@Pedro said:
@Chozofication said:

The funny thing about censorship is that it is something that will never go away. A person or society values determines what is acceptable and what is not. The only time censorship becomes an issue is when there is conflicting views on the same subject matter and that is when its demonized. However, it is a tool that is used by everyone especially for the re-reinforcement of views and values. So its only when its used to inhibit a view you share that its viewed negatively. The bulk of the times most people don't care because its inline with their beliefs and point of view.

It's called ostracism, and it naturally deals with these issues over time.

Which is different from censorship, not letting one's view's or work be seen/heard. Valve shouldn't have done this, in fact it's dumb since they could have made some extra money from it.

Again, if you're against this then you're also for the taking down of anything that has ever been offensive to anyone, like that GTA case.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrGeezer

@Chozofication said:

Which is different from censorship, not letting one's view's or work be seen/heard. Valve shouldn't have done this, in fact it's dumb since they could have made some extra money from it.

Again, if you're against this then you're also for the taking down of anything that has ever been offensive to anyone, like that GTA case.

They aren't keeping this game from being seen/heard, they simply aren't allowing it on Steam. Target wasn't preventing GTA from being seen/heard, they simply weren't allowing it in their stores. That IS free speech. If a company has a right to make whatever content they want, then sellers have a right to stand up and object to that content by refusing to help sell it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

@Chozofication said:

I was not talking about ostracism.

Also one can argue that Valve is expressing their view by taking this type of action. They are expressing their distaste for games like these. Should they be denied the right to express this distaste? Should they be force to sell something that they don't want to back?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@Pedro said:

@Chozofication said:

Also one can argue that Valve is expressing their view by taking this type of action. They are expressing their distaste for games like these. Should they be denied the right to express this distaste? Should they be force to sell something that they don't want to back?

But that´s the problem

You have Postal, Manhunt, Larry, Dragon´s age, Mass effect, Just Cause, GTA V, GTA IV, GTA III, GTA SA, GTA VC and tons and tons of other games that are equally as violent , equally as "distasteful" Not to mention that they didn't remove the game because it was too violent, no they made up some lame excuse that it was in breach of the TOS they signed when they went into Greenlight

So of course Steam has every right as a privately owned company to decide what is and isn't on their platform. Like we have every right to call them hypocrites and criticize their pulling 1 single game that isn't worse than 100´s of others already on there. And they sure dont seem to care about having some QC normally within greenlight.

Oh, and you asked if being a SJW is bad, well yes being a sJW is bad when its being done like recently within the gaming community and being misused to forward a certain agenda.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@Jacanuk said:

@Pedro said:

@Chozofication said:

But that´s the problem

You have Postal, Manhunt, Larry, Dragon´s age, Mass effect, Just Cause, GTA V, GTA IV, GTA III, GTA SA, GTA VC and tons and tons of other games that are equally as violent , equally as "distasteful" Not to mention that they didn't remove the game because it was too violent, no they made up some lame excuse that it was in breach of the TOS they signed when they went into Greenlight

So of course Steam has every right as a privately owned company to decide what is and isn't on their platform. Like we have every right to call them hypocrites and criticize their pulling 1 single game that isn't worse than 100´s of others already on there. And they sure dont seem to care about having some QC normally within greenlight.

Oh, and you asked if being a SJW is bad, well yes being a sJW is bad when its being done like recently within the gaming community and being misused to forward a certain agenda.

Yep, exactly

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrGeezer

@Jacanuk said:

But that´s the problem

If it wasn't even about the content and was instead about a breach of the TOS, then what exactly is the problem here?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#25  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

From the first video. "Look at Depression Quest, a game that doesn't even belong on Steam to begin with." Ok, and Hatred doesn't? Is there some kind of a special criteria that makes one game more deserving to be on Steam than another?

After watching both videos, I'm still not convinced that it's feminists and SJWs that got it pulled.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pedro

@Jacanuk said:

But that´s the problem

I think its stretch placing games like Mass Effect, just Cause, Dragon Age in the same category as Hatred. Manhunt and Postal, yeah but the others not so much, in fact its ridiculous to make that claim.

As you have clearly stated, they have the right to deny whoever they choose for whatever reason. Why this game is even on anyone's radar is beyond me. It just seems like another thing for people to bitch about whether its for or against and its a convenient; but non critical inconsequencial game, that is being used as a platform for whomever agenda. So, this game being banned/censored is not going to make difference in the overall scheme of things. Who genuinely cares about this game? And really what is the big deal whther Valve choose not to list this game?

On this forum their is more rubbish against feminism, diversity and other "social justice" issues than anything for it. I don't think being equally as obnoxious as Anita Sark and her fellow disciples is the most forward thinking. Its rather illogical to counteract extremity with other extremity. Its also tiring when both parties are unjustly crying foul and pretending to be the victim. However, none of this makes the core values behind "social justice" bad. Trying to make it as it a bad thing is simply sharing the arrogance and ignorance of one voice representing all when in reality its simply two extremist groups doing what they do best, being extreme.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Kuromino said:

Nope, but this is censorship. This is not the free market. Whatever happened to that the free market is able to vote for what people want and don't want instead of some idiots being offended? How come there were over thousand positive reviews of the game, yet when it they listen to idiots?! This is censorship and it is highly unethical. THis is not what the free market is about.

Whatever happened to not freaking buying it?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride

@mastermetal777 said:

Why? GTA, Manhunt, Postal, a lot of violent game are on it... If that game is going to be censored, who's to say that any game is safe on steam?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MrGeezer

@The_Last_Ride said:

Nope, but this is censorship. This is not the free market. Whatever happened to that the free market is able to vote for what people want and don't want instead of some idiots being offended? How come there were over thousand positive reviews of the game, yet when it they listen to idiots?! This is censorship and it is highly unethical. THis is not what the free market is about.

Well then, if the "SJW's" who didn't like the game aren't working at Valve and don't have the authority to make executive decisions, then those SJW's didn't pull the game. VALVE pulled the game.

And no, that's NOT fucking censorship. Valve didn't alter the content of the game, and Valve isn't preventing the developers from releasing the game through alternate means. What Valve IS saying is that they're not going to support the game by allowing it on Steam (for whatever reasons).

THAT is free speech.

YOU are the one advocating censorship here, because you're suggesting that Valve somehow has an obligation to support the game even if they find it objectionable (for whatever reason).

Stop talking about free speech and censorship when you don't know what those words mean. This is how free speech works. There are a shitload of rock bands and hip-hop artists out there making whatever the hell kind of music they want to make. No one is stopping them from doing so. That DOESN'T mean that that any record label or publisher or distributer is automatically obligated to help them sell the shit just because the band made the shit. A company's public image affects sales, so it's absolutely 100% valid for a company to take the stance of "we don't support this and we aren't gonna help to sell it" if they think that the association is going to hurt them. This is not fundamentally any different than a reviewer saying that a game/song/music sucks ass and telling customers to avoid buying it. THAT'S HOW FREE SPEECH WORKS. The developers of the game have a right to free speech, but so doesValve. If Valve thinks that the game is objectionable enough that they don't want to sell it, then free speech says that they aren't obligated to sell it. This is not fundamentally any different than Chik-fil-A or Hobby Lobby being closed on Sunday because they are Christian companies. Free speech requires freedom of association, and stating that Valve should be obligated to have the game on Steam is to advocate CENSORING VALVE. Valve's freedom of speech is every bit as valid as that of the company that made the game. What you're advocating is that if someone makes a piece of offensive art, that everyone is obligated to support it and no one can complain about it.

And...**** that. That's not how free speech works. You make art with the intent of creating controversy and pushing people's buttons, then you're goddamn right that people get to complain about it and stop supporting it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Kuromino said:

In a free market you can choose what you sell and don't sell. Steam doesn't sell cakes, does that mean they are censoring cakes?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Well then, if the "SJW's" who didn't like the game aren't working at Valve and don't have the authority to make executive decisions, then those SJW's didn't pull the game. VALVE pulled the game.

And no, that's NOT fucking censorship. Valve didn't alter the content of the game, and Valve isn't preventing the developers from releasing the game through alternate means. What Valve IS saying is that they're not going to support the game by allowing it on Steam (for whatever reasons).

THAT is free speech.

YOU are the one advocating censorship here, because you're suggesting that Valve somehow has an obligation to support the game even if they find it objectionable (for whatever reason).

Stop talking about free speech and censorship when you don't know what those words mean. This is how free speech works. There are a shitload of rock bands and hip-hop artists out there making whatever the hell kind of music they want to make. No one is stopping them from doing so. That DOESN'T mean that that any record label or publisher or distributer is automatically obligated to help them sell the shit just because the band made the shit. A company's public image affects sales, so it's absolutely 100% valid for a company to take the stance of "we don't support this and we aren't gonna help to sell it" if they think that the association is going to hurt them. This is not fundamentally any different than a reviewer saying that a game/song/music sucks ass and telling customers to avoid buying it. THAT'S HOW FREE SPEECH WORKS. The developers of the game have a right to free speech, but so doesValve. If Valve thinks that the game is objectionable enough that they don't want to sell it, then free speech says that they aren't obligated to sell it. This is not fundamentally any different than Chik-fil-A or Hobby Lobby being closed on Sunday because they are Christian companies. Free speech requires freedom of association, and stating that Valve should be obligated to have the game on Steam is to advocate CENSORING VALVE. Valve's freedom of speech is every bit as valid as that of the company that made the game. What you're advocating is that if someone makes a piece of offensive art, that everyone is obligated to support it and no one can complain about it.

And...**** that. That's not how free speech works. You make art with the intent of creating controversy and pushing people's buttons, then you're goddamn right that people get to complain about it and stop supporting it.

Valve listened to these people instead of 13 000 people who approved the game. THey are not listening to free speech but to people that are offended.

Yes i know what those words mean, you clearly have no idea... I am not talking about bands here, i am talking about games getting censored and taken of stores. You can talk all you want that the company doesn't want to support it, why is it that 93% of people wanted this game? It doesn't freaking affect them... A Review and selling something is totally different, you don't know the difference there. If that game is questionable, why is Postal, GTA, Manhunt and other freaking games still there? It's a slippery slope mate. If they can take this game away from gamers, what makes them stop to remove anything else? They didn't remove War Z, and that game was a freaking fraud until several days later. This game was 6 hours on Steam and then got removed. Why the hell was this even on there then?

Again you're colluding your argument, Chick filet and Hobby lobby store times is not part of the argument. They can have their store open whenever they want... They have broken games, violent games, political incorrect games on there, yet they remove this? This is highly unethical and censorship. What would happen if this happened to a movie? How about music that was censored because the company didn't like the message?

Art is freedom of speech and should not be stopped and Valve is actively doing it by choosing some games over others

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

THAT is free speech.

Damn, The_Last_Ride, you just got sonned into oblivion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#34  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Kuromino said:

Riiiiight. I'm sure that this link will remain lost until the thread dies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

THAT is free speech.

Valve listened to these people instead of 13 000 people who approved the game. THey are not listening to free speech but to people that are offended.

Yes i know what those words mean, you clearly have no idea... I am not talking about bands here, i am talking about games getting censored and taken of stores. You can talk all you want that the company doesn't want to support it, why is it that 93% of people wanted this game? It doesn't freaking affect them... A Review and selling something is totally different, you don't know the difference there. If that game is questionable, why is Postal, GTA, Manhunt and other freaking games still there? It's a slippery slope mate. If they can take this game away from gamers, what makes them stop to remove anything else? They didn't remove War Z, and that game was a freaking fraud until several days later. This game was 6 hours on Steam and then got removed. Why the hell was this even on there then?

Again you're colluding your argument, Chick filet and Hobby lobby store times is not part of the argument. They can have their store open whenever they want... They have broken games, violent games, political incorrect games on there, yet they remove this? This is highly unethical and censorship. What would happen if this happened to a movie? How about music that was censored because the company didn't like the message?

Art is freedom of speech and should not be stopped and Valve is actively doing it by choosing some games over others

Why does it matter how many people wanted the game? Free speech doesn't mean "only do what the majority say" with free speech they could pull the game even if not a single person in the world wanted them to, because it's Steam and only Steam that have that authority. They aren't taking the game from anyone. You can still buy the game just not on Steam.

Many art shops refuses to stock certain paintings. Try it yourself, go to an art shop with a painting you made and see whether they stock it or not. It's not censorship, it's called a free market.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

@Archangel3371: there are a lot of trashy games on steam. Why stop with hatred valve? Why not just go ahead and remove the utterly broken games that are on your platform?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

when is the game due out, I'll be buying it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pedro

@The_Last_Ride said:

Valve listen to which people? Can you prove this? Lets say they did, why are they obligated to list the game? Are they not allowed the freedom to not have a game listed? You are behaving as if this some sort of witch hunt and its simply madness.

Your post clearly demonstrates a lack of understanding and its ironic that you are calling out Mr Geezer for not having an idea when you are the one that has no idea and lacking the critical and objectivity to see this. You are more than free disagree with their choice as they are free to make their choice. Also it unfortunate that you are unable to make the connections to the varying scenarios made by Mr Geezer.

What this all boils down to is that you believe that your point of view and your voice should be the only one that should be heard and allowed to be voiced. Its rather juvenile.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Last_Ride

@Pedro: Because instead of looking at the quality of the game, they rather want to censor it even though 13000 people want it... You're saying their voices are irrelevant...

How, you never go into the argument... I clearly made a solid point...

No it's not, do your research and stop being ignorant. after 6 hours 13 000 people voted this game up and it had a 93% approval rating on Steam Greenlight...

@toast_burner: you know what you're saying? So if one woman or dude just gets offended by something it's completely fine for them to take it off the store even though thousands of people want this? You know how stupid that sound?

No it's not called the free market when there's demand for the game and they take it off... The game had a 93% approval rating... That doesn't sound like free market to me...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@GreySeal9 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Kuromino said:

Riiiiight. I'm sure that this link will remain lost until the thread dies.

Tell me how i'm wrong again?

Link 1

Link 2

Stop being ignorant and cheer on these SJW's

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pedro: Because instead of looking at the quality of the game, they rather want to censor it even though 13000 people want it... You're saying their voices are irrelevant...

No it's not, do your research and stop being ignorant. after 6 hours 13 000 people voted this game up and it had a 93% approval rating on Steam Greenlight...

@toast_burner: you know what you're saying? So if one woman or dude just gets offended by something it's completely fine for them to take it off the store even though thousands of people want this? You know how stupid that sound?

No it's not called the free market when there's demand for the game and they take it off... The game had a 93% approval rating... That doesn't sound like free market to me...

Why does it matter how many people wanted the game? Steam chooses what they sell and what they don't sell, not you. That's what a free market is.

And if you want the game you can still buy it, just not on Steam. There are tons of games that aren't on Steam. This isn't censorship, go learn what that word means.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Last_Ride

@toast_burner said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Why does it matter how many people wanted the game? Steam chooses what they sell and what they don't sell, not you. That's what a free market is.

And if you want the game you can still buy it, just not on Steam. There are tons of games that aren't on Steam. This isn't censorship, go learn what that word means.

No it's not, it's picking and choosing what to sell. If people want it and they don't sell it isn't.

It was on Early Access, the game isn't out yet. It's being made. If they don't get any funding because of this censorship it's a big problem...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@The_Last_Ride said:

@toast_burner said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

No it's not, it's picking and choosing what to sell. If people want it and they don't sell it isn't.

It was on Early Access, the game isn't out yet. It's being made. If they don't get any funding because of this censorship it's a big problem...

All shops pick and choose what they sell. Apart from ones that exist without a free market where what they sell is dictated to them.

The game wasn't on early access and even if it was so what? It's not steams responsibility to fund a game. This is not censorship, they are still allowed to make and sell the game, steam just won't support them doing so. Go learn what free speech and censorship mean.

Personally I think steam made a bad decision. I probably would have bought the game and I still might(unless it turns out to be horrendously bad when it releases). But that doesn't mean I'm going to throw common sense out the window and start screaming about censorship and SJWs when neither have anything to do with this. Steam not selling this game is no more censorship than an art shop not selling my doodle of a sheep is censorship.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#44 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

**** them all!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Last_Ride

@toast_burner: Yes, but Steam sell all games... They have Air Control, Year Earth 2066, War Z and other atrocities. Yet they want to censor this? They have broken ass games like that and still sell them that are also unethical to sell. And why do they still have Postal, Mahnunt, and now incoming GTA V? That is fucking hypocrisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@The_Last_Ride said:

@toast_burner: Yes, but Steam sell all games... They have Air Control, Year Earth 2066, War Z and other atrocities. Yet they want to censor this? They have broken ass games like that and still sell them that are also unethical to sell. And why do they still have Postal, Mahnunt, and now incoming GTA V? That is fucking hypocrisy

I agree but that doesn't change anything about the current discusion. If you're issue is about the inconsistency in which steam polices it's store why don't you focus on that rather than making up crap about censorship, freedom of speech and SJWs?

Also they've removed Air Control and Year Earth 2066.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

Where is the evidence that this was the direct result of "feminists"?

Just seems like Valve believed the game to be far too macabre and tasteless for their PR's liking. Which I don't blame them for, game felt like Postal with a surfeit of angst.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Ban COD next. It too violent for me. Also GTA. I feel bad for the bad guys in GTA. I mean niko kills a playboy who was begging for his life in GTA4.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I am sick of this agenda the feminists/SJW/White Knights/game journalists are pushing. If it were up to them the only games we would play are Solitaire, Animal Crossing and Farmville. I love how they claim they want to make gaming better but all they are doing is getting games banned (Hatred, GTAV in Australia) and censoring other games.

How is this helping video games? All it is doing is making people mad and ruining games. I don't even want Hatred but I will buy it just to spite the feminists. Go ahead and push us, we will push back. You are not going to ruin gaming for us.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@stuff238 said:

I am sick of this agenda the feminists/SJW/White Knights/game journalists are pushing. If it were up to them the only games we would play are Solitaire, Animal Crossing and Farmville. I love how they claim they want to make gaming better but all they are doing is getting games banned (Hatred, GTAV in Australia) and censoring other games.

How is this helping video games? All it is doing is making people mad and ruining games. I don't even want Hatred but I will buy it just to spite the feminists. Go ahead and push us, we will push back. You are not going to ruin gaming for us.

GTAV wasn't banned in Australia and neither is Hatred.