Favourite Easter Eggs in Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

So I was playing .hack//Mutation yesterday, and when going to the News section on the desktop I noticed a little easter egg, there was an ad for CyberConnect's "Silent Bomber" on the PS1, and I found it a pretty nice easter egg since Silent Bomber isn't that well known (that I'm aware of) so it was fun seeing that.

So the question is, what are your favourite easter eggs in legacy games? Be them references to other games or any other kind of easter egg.

#2 Posted by Heirren (17711 posts) -
Was Thr Facility in Perfect Dark an Easter egg?
#3 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -
I found the man with the concret boots in one of the bridges while riding in a plane on the GTA Vice City game for the PS2.
#4 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

The secret room in "Adventure" for the Atari 2600. The first, and still the best.

#5 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -
  • The Hunter mags in Doom III
  • Monty Python references (Life of Brian and Holy Grail) in Fallout: New Vegas
  • Dogmeat and the Bethesda offices in Fallout 3
  • John Marston's hat in L.A. Noire
  • Jon Romero's face in Doom II
  • Maniac Mansion in Day of the Tentacle
#6 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

Blueresident87

yep, that one's the best

#7 Posted by PearlHeX (1 posts) -
Its actually quite unknown but behind the back wall of the storage room on the map Cs_Office of counter strike 1.6, there is a hidden room with the picture of a hampster! hahaha you shoot away part of the wall, its near the top right :P
#8 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

rilpas

yep, that one's the best

Agreed.
#9 Posted by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

In BATTLE MANIA for the Mega Drive you can input a code with the second controller to see the main character stomping a super famicom.

#10 Posted by TheLoneMortal (820 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

When on the the map screen you can press L and R to access Cranky's Video Game Heroes to see how many DK coins you have and the where your ranked. You see Mario, Yoshi, and Link in the placed 1st to 3rd along with a trash can in the lower-right hand corner with Sonic's shoes and Earthworm Jim's gun next to it coupled with a sign saying "No Hopers". It was pretty funny.

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Metal Gear Solid 3

You find a model of Metal Gear REX and RAY from the last 2 MGS games along with Jehuty from Zone of the Enders inside Granin's office if you choose to go into FP view during the scene. (Couldn't find a picture of it for some reason :( )

Final Fantasy 12

Gilgamesh (villain from FF5) made an appearance in this game as an optional boss or hunt as the game called it, he also fought along side his partner Enkidu. Also a revision of his theme 'Battle on the Big Bridge' played during the two fights with him (first one takes place on a bridge fittingly). He carried around iconic swords of the series in each of his six hands as well.

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

#11 Posted by mariokart64fan (19535 posts) -

i got 3 right off the bat ,

1- in top gear (1994 snes ) if you hit the finish line theres a glitch that makes you finish in your current position and the position behind you-eg you get first you also get 2nd

2- in perfect dark in temple , go on a ramp w turbo modeo n and go in circles in no time youll fall through the level to your death

3 in goldeneye -- theres a glitch with proximity mines in the bunker ,where they start floating in mid air , i always love doing that lol

#12 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

i got 3 right off the bat ,

1- in top gear (1994 snes ) if you hit the finish line theres a glitch that makes you finish in your current position and the position behind you-eg you get first you also get 2nd

2- in perfect dark in temple , go on a ramp w turbo modeo n and go in circles in no time youll fall through the level to your death

3 in goldeneye -- theres a glitch with proximity mines in the bunker ,where they start floating in mid air , i always love doing that lol

mariokart64fan

none of those are easter eggs

#13 Posted by bultje112 (1867 posts) -

no doubt the duck races in shenmue 2

#14 Posted by rwallacefan (4886 posts) -
This one makes me laugh still :) http://www.newgamers.nl/uploads/my/gT/mygTNn2-LoQxgJHcyEcCIA/Easter-Egg-2.jpg