Favorite Podcast?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69134 posts) -

What kind of podcasts do you guys listen to?

#2 Posted by Jacanuk (3713 posts) -

Hmm, a lot of different , Gaming, Science, politics, news, talk, sport, history, educational basically anything that can make a 1½ hour drive to/from uni more enjoyable or good to listen to while relaxing/gaming.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69134 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Hmm, a lot of different , Gaming, Science, politics, news, talk, sport, history, educational basically anything that can make a 1½ hour drive to/from uni more enjoyable or good to listen to while relaxing/gaming.

i mostly listen to gaming stuff, i haven't found anything else worth of interest. I mostly listen to Gameinformer, a norwegian podcast Level Upcast, Podcast Beyond, Podcast Unlocked and MONG Podcast.

#4 Edited by Jacanuk (3713 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

i mostly listen to gaming stuff, i haven't found anything else worth of interest. I mostly listen to Gameinformer, a norwegian podcast Level Upcast, Podcast Beyond, Podcast Unlocked and MONG Podcast.

There are a lot of interesting podcasts out there, don't think i have heard gameinformers yet tho, giant bombs is pretty good but you can hear that its more a young crowd now then when Ryan Davis was there.

But if its gaming, eurogamers, ign UK, and if you understand danish, look for Harddisken, thats a great one, Also if Gamespot begins again they had a great one with Danny and the uk crew

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69134 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

There are a lot of interesting podcasts out there, don't think i have heard gameinformers yet tho, giant bombs is pretty good but you can hear that its more a young crowd now then when Ryan Davis was there.

But if its gaming, eurogamers, ign UK, and if you understand danish, look for Harddisken, thats a great one, Also if Gamespot begins again they had a great one with Danny and the uk crew

yeah i can't stand the podcast with Carolyn and Tom because they are there. I haven't checked out Giant Bomb or Eurogamer though

#6 Edited by mismajor99 (5657 posts) -

Been listening to podcasts regularly since back in 2006 I think when 1up.com had a ton of casts.

For Gaming, must listen to podcasts -

Weekend Confirmed

Giant Bombcast

Idle Thumbs

The Instance (WoW Podcast)

Must listen to for non-Games podcasts-

Joe Rogan Experience (UFC, Psych yourself + science)

Hardcore History with Dan Carlin (History made amazing)

Tested (Tech)

Men in Blazers (Soccer)

Davey Mac Sports Program (Davey Mac from Ron & Fez on Sirius/XM)

The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe (Fav. Skeptic Podcast)

Weird Medicine with Dr. Steve (From Sirus XM O&A channel)

Startalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson (Amazing scientist of our time)

The Morning Stream (Frogpants network, daily news on everything and gaming).

Twit (Leo Laporte and gang tech talk).

#7 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -
#8 Posted by XenoLair (4755 posts) -

Only the Giant Bombcast, which is nice. I used to listen to the hotspot back in the day and it was fairly enjoyable. Also used to listen to Major Nelson's podcast.

Don't know any others so I'll b checking back here to see other suggestions.

Also: Anyone know of a good Android podcast app (with rss feed + download and streaming options).

#9 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69134 posts) -

@XenoLair said:

Only the Giant Bombcast, which is nice. I used to listen to the hotspot back in the day and it was fairly enjoyable. Also used to listen to Major Nelson's podcast.

Don't know any others so I'll b checking back here to see other suggestions.

Also: Anyone know of a good Android podcast app (with rss feed + download and streaming options).

i think all of IGN's podcast are possible to listen to on the phone

#10 Posted by c_rakestraw (14563 posts) -

Just the Giant Bombcast right now. Used to listen to more (This is Only a Test, GameSpot GamePlay, etc.), but it started becoming really difficult to keep up due to having too little free time to listen to them all.

#11 Posted by chriskzoo (393 posts) -

The two I listen to regularly are:

No Agenda (Deconstruction of mainstream media/politics/tech) - Best Podcast In The Universe

Weekend Confirmed (Garnett Lee, old 1UP guy)

I've tried to listen to Giant Bombcast, but in general, although I like the guys, I find it to be too long, wander too far off-topic, and most importantly they seem to not give a shit about audio quality. Patrick Klepek's Bombin' the AM is usually pretty good.

#12 Edited by mjorh (616 posts) -

Game informer is the only one i'm listening to n i gotta admit it's great , Euro Gamer and Weekend Confirmed might be my next destinations !

Btw , thanks for the topic .

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69134 posts) -

@mjorh said:

Game informer is the only one i'm listening to n i gotta admit it's great , Euro Gamer and Weekend Confirmed might be my next destinations !

Btw , thanks for the topic .

GI podcast was the first one i started listening to

#14 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6184 posts) -

Hmm gaming podcasts.

Giantbomb might be good )the quality of topics and discussions swings alot sadly).

The Axe factor + epic battlecry are decent, the intros are a tad annoying, but they cover way more venues of gaming then I feal Giant bomb does, but they can end up as comming across as bickering constantly.

There were the GS podcasts, I liked pretty much all of them.

#15 Posted by samrules28 (458 posts) -

Great recommendations everyone. I live in canada and we have these great gaming shows called reviews on the run and electric playground. The hosts Victor Lucas and Scott Jones are also doing a podcast now called Vic's Basement check it out these guys are great

#16 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

The only one I listen to is the super best friendcast, the primary topic of discussion is about video games.

#17 Posted by Flatline304 (534 posts) -
  1. Giant Bomb (video games)
  2. Bill Burr (comedy)
  3. Cheap Ass Gamer (video games)
#18 Posted by gbrading (8057 posts) -

I only have time for one podcast in my life; Giant Bomb's Giant Bombcast. Still your number one source for all the hot topics from the world of video games.