Favorite least popular games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrimSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrimSkye
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Fragile dreams is one of those games that I don't hear a lot about but I love it a lot. Found it randomly at my local Ebgames and fell in love with it. Any games that you happen to love that just aren't talked about enough or all that popular?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

My favorites for the unpopular are now quite old. I don't think I have any modern favorites that aren't popular but here's my list of games that were never popular and no one ever talks about that I still love to replay now and then.

1. Thief 3
  2. Adventures of Willy Beamish
  3. Blade Runner
  4. Omicron
  5. Heavy Rain
  6. Techno Cop
  7. Deja Vu
  8. Rescue: The embassy mission
CrimSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrimSkye
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@pimphand_gamer: I've played a little of the Theif series but what I have played has been solid. Such good games!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Plenty, I generally love games, and pretty much buy whatever I feel like at a whim.

Some games I really enjoy that is never talked about, or seen in a half bad light (some wholly bad).

- Sin: Sin is not a game that got bad reviews, it was just the game unlucky enough to come out in the same timeframe as HL1. In alot of ways it is sad how Sin became forgotten, I really think it was an awesome game, and I were relatively sad when the new episodes did not take off like intended (well it was not all that great either tbh). I still reccomend it if people want to play a really old game, if nothing else then for the giggles.

- Blood 2: The first blood game, was fairly well recieved, Blood 2 was not, it was clunky, simplistic, but I still cared about it more then I likely should. It was a pure dumb FPS that existed only for running through levels blowing people away.

- Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi: A game randomly set up every playthrough, a timer, needing to save Family members in a huge haunted Castle. This game was one I really enjoyied, so much that I rebought it when it came onto Steam. It was rarely mentioned, and most people seemed to dislike the rather floaty nature of the game. But it ticked all the right boxes for me. It was a race against a maze, where you had to always explore, and keep munitions and Health. So it became this very strange balancing act. Tense and relaxing, slowpaced and frantic all at differing times. I would still reccomend this game, because it was so very Unique in its way. Pretty much the game version of a good B-movie.

- Shadow of the Ninja: A NES Classic (that has returned on the Wii U eshop). I loved this game as a child, but sadly it always stood in the shadow of Ninja Guiden, which always made its title rather amuzing. It is still a decent platformer, and the soundtrack has had a home on every MP3 player I have owened.

- The Guardian Legend: Ok this might be the big one, This is by far one of my favorite games when I was a child, It was also a fairly hard one, so it took me around 20 years to beat it :P I loved everything about the game, how it changed genres going through the overworld to missions, the music, the sound, the odd sense of isolation. I can still remember how this game would make me cry of frustration, but I still playied it way more then most NES games I owned. I wish this was on the Wii U e-shop, but sadly it looks like it is lost to most now. I still have my copy, and my old NES :) It was grossely overlooked back in the day, although it has gotten a cult following. The second only game which music I have on my mp3 player (Ironic that they are both chip tunes, I have no other game music).

- Dungeons 2: Ok the humor helps here, it is right up my alley. Childish, crude and 4th wall breaking. But it really is a very relaxing game and one I enjoy immensely atm. I think the overall reviews might have been less then flattering.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#5 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Unpopular / not well rated games I like:

1. The Crew

2. Motorstorm: Apocalypse

3. Battletanx: Global Assault

4. Starhawk

5. Sleeping Dogs

6. Resistance 3

7. X-Men: The Official Game

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

The Saboteur

DrFlyntCoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DrFlyntCoal
Member since 2015 • 496 Posts

Deadly Premonition. Ace attorney games. The PS1 Persona games.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

I love Fragile Dreams too, the art direction and story are some of the best I've seen.

Only problem is the gameplay is far too basic, I'd still recommend though.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

RAGE

Syndicate (reboot version)

Singularity

Stereodant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stereodant
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

Yeah, Fragile Dreams is pretty legit.

I'd say something like Munchables or Little King's Story. The former is probably the most underrated game on the Wii considering no one knows about it. LKS at least has somewhat of a following.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Bionicle Matoran Adventures is the only one that I can think would truly be passed up by most people although it is pretty dope.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10358 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

My favorites for the unpopular are now quite old. I don't think I have any modern favorites that aren't popular but here's my list of games that were never popular and no one ever talks about that I still love to replay now and then.

1. Thief 3
  3. Blade Runner
  4. Omicron
  5. Heavy Rain
  6. Techno Cop
  7. Deja Vu

ah willy beamish that takes me back! think it came on about 12 disks, used to love it as a kid. also really enjoyed thief 3

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Proably Destiny, the hate is so strong towards the game

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

1. Thief 3
  3. Blade Runner
  4. Omicron
  5. Heavy Rain
  6. Techno Cop
  7. Deja Vu

ah willy beamish that takes me back! think it came on about 12 disks, used to love it as a kid. also really enjoyed thief 3

I had the talking CD version but there weren't too many adventure games out there that I liked where the puzzles at least made some sense. There has been a lot of good adventure games over the years but the *use the wooden spoon with the baseball cap attached to necklace to open the door nonsense puzzles or the click on this specific pixel but only after you do this or that first* always really ticked me off.

Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#15  Edited By Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts

1. Deadly Premonition

2. Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi

3. The Lone Survivor

4. Cry of Fear

I like pretty much any obscure horror games on Steam really.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10358 Posts

@pimphand_gamer: yeah for a sierra game the puzzles in willy beamish were much less cryptic than in some of their other games. the early lucasarts point and click adventures were excellent in that regard too. they managed to get the balance between making the puzzles challenging without making the solutions obscure / overly cryptic just right

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#17 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
  • Thief 3: Deadly Shadows
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Broken Sword 5
  • Freelancer