favorite gun type?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a457b7beaa88
deactivated-5a457b7beaa88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5a457b7beaa88
Member since 2011 • 85 Posts

so there is of course often a bounty of different weapons in the typical fps. my question to you is, what is your favorite type of gun? Assault rifles are excluded because those are standard issue. Mine has to be the submachine gun, just because they're typically cool looking and often work very well.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

im assuming you mean modern waponry or can it be like out of the oddworld selection or ratchet and clank? if so i have a soft spot for shot guns, i feel they need more....finnesse to use as you have to outflank your enemy and move in close since alot of people use assault rifles know what i mean? i never get a crazy kd/r but it makes it fun

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
I love sniper rifles. The enemy is dead before anyone realizes what just happened.
Doublexiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Doublexiii
Member since 2011 • 152 Posts

Sniper rifles in any game. Even if it's not 1 shot.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
I like pistols. Wish there was a game where you could make it your main gun rather than having to press the god-forsaken Y/Triangle button.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Guns with "Laptop" in their title.

sgtsniperpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sgtsniperpanda
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gaming4Trolls check out this youtube channel for awesome gun play and gameplays!
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I was going to say Assaul Rifles, but if they are excluded then its a tougher choice.

I do love the distance and joy of using a powerful sniper rifle, or the heavy firepower with an LMG that lets me mow down the opposition, the submachine gun that has always been my best friend in stealth and close quarters environments, and of course the noble shotgun can blast away foes easily and without much effortat close range.

But I'll go with the handgun, the underdog of guns. Its small and compact and can be a wild card. When out of ammo, switch to one of those online and with a dead eye you can take down anyone looking to take advantage of your situation when out of ammo. Its always been my friend when things got tough and I was lying on my back waiting to die or get helped up, and it takes a little more skill to use then other weapons but still has a satisfying pay off and can easily take out better equipped enemies in a game of Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty. I also love the amount of different choices, from the magnum to the auto pistol, to a sawn off sidearm.

So yeah, the handgun.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#9 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I think I'll go with the light machine gun, although it really depends on the game. The light machine gun allows you to function both in a supporting role and pushing the frontline. I especially like scoped machine guns. It's like full-automatic sniping.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
For the casual encounters il go with Magnums, i like getting personal with high calibre handcannons. And for a flatout war I'l go with an assualt sniper rifle with explosive rounds. I think il name it Samantha.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i also try and play the sniper role...so that
tup123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 tup123
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Im a fan of the dbl shotty.

tup123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 tup123
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Im a fan of the dbl shotty.

tup123
also like the M4A1 from CS 1.6 and any sniper.
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

Crossbows are definitely one of my favourite weapons, when available. The crossbows in No One Lives Forever 2 and Half-Life 2 were really good implementations of this weapon type.

The harpoon gun from The Operative: No One Lives Forever was also a great weapon, and one of the first that allowed you to pin enemies to walls - long before Monolith revived the ability with F.E.A.R.'s bolt gun.

The gravity gun from Half-Life 2 was such an innovative idea for a weapon, and great fun to use throughout the game.

The silenced sten gun in Return To Castle Wolfenstein was one of the better implementations of that weapon type, and was my weapon of choice in most standard combat situations. The cool-off period due to overheating made its use much more tactical.

The B.A.R. was one of my favourite weapons in Call Of Duty and it's expansion United Offensive. Good accuracy at range, ability to switch between single shot and auto, great power, and deadly up close. The Kar-98 rifle was also great in those games.

The nail gun from Quake (and it's variants in the expansions) were a breath of fresh air at the time, and pretty deadly.

Another relatively unique weapon that sticks in my mind is the Painkiller, from the game of the same name.

The Flak Canon, Bio Rifle, Razorjack and ASMD (Artificial Shocker Magnetic Destroyer) from the original Unreal always stuck in my mind as great weapon designs, and they saw a lot of use while I was playing that game. I tend to go for the more unusual weapons over the traditional line-ups.

But one of the most iconic FPS weapons has to be the shotgun from the original DOOM, which just had such a satisfying sound, and was a pleasure to use against Imps and Pinkies.

Fragtastic!

xObscurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xObscurity
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I've always been about Assault Rifles and Snipes. Can never go wrong there.
manjam2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 manjam2
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

I'd go with the Assault Rifle. More Specifcally SCAR-H in Battefield or the FAMAS

Frieza99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Frieza99
Member since 2012 • 228 Posts
Sniper rifles is the gun type which i prefers the most in shooting games...