Favorite fighting game?

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PiscesAnimeGirl
PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

For all of the fighting genre enthusiasts, what is your favorite fighting game? Mine is Soul Calibur II for the PS2, Xbox, and GC.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

Tough one.

I would say Mortal Kombat 9 because it had an amazing single player campaign. The story is definitely the best in the fighting genre. It has a ton of content and unlockables, and the game is just a blast to play!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Right now, it's INJUSTICE. Got the Ultimate Edition for my PS4 and it's a lot of fun.

All time, it would be Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition in the arcades. I was a force to be reckoned with back in the day, though now I can barely pull of a combo. Still, once upon a time at the Putt-Putt...

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance for ps2, still play it to this day, STILL undefeated with Shang Tsung! wasn't a fan of the changes made in Deception, Armageddon, and MK9. Deadly Alliance was the only MK to get it right imo, hands down the best fighting game i've ever played.

Avatar image for LorenzoTheComic
LorenzoTheComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LorenzoTheComic
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Some of my favorite fighting games include the Darkstalkers series, X-Men vs, Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Hyper Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES) and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

The Tekken and DOA games are by far my favorite though I had some good fun with Virtua Fighter 4 and a great fondness for Bloody Roar 4 which allowed you to "break" the game and had an unintentionally humorous "guess the story by witnessing only its out of context ending" mode.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Mortal Kombat back on PS2. but since it's back on 2D, i love Naruto ultimate ninja storm better now

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012 right now. Such a vast array of skill levels and so much depth and execution required to fully master (if fully mastering this game is even possible as new tech is still being discovered). It's super rewarding.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

I used to say Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition was my favourite fighting game but I think that was purely for nostalgic reasons, but when I think of game content and time spent playing it I have to go with Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Final got around to playing Injustice. And.... Its Ubalanced as hell, particularly The Stage Weapons/Hazards. Not cool.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#11 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Dead or Alive Ultimate

Tekken 6

Super Smash Bros Brawl

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 without any doubt in my mind

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#13  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3), but All-Stars Battle Royale (PSV/PS3) also stays one of my favorites.

Eritarka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eritarka
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

My fighting games tastes are always changing but man I loved me some Melty Blood back in the day. Blazblue:CS is probably my current favorite at the moment though.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

King of Fighters '98 and Killer Instinct (SNES)

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShangTsung7

i also really like Street Fighter X Tekken for its option to choose your AI opponents, stage, and difficulty in vs mode, wish all fighting games had this option.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@ ShangTsung7

What do you mean, all fighting games give you those options

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 huerito323

@shangtsung7 said:

i also really like Street Fighter X Tekken for its option to choose your AI opponents, stage, and difficulty in vs mode, wish all fighting games had this option.

I am really confused right now. Please explain, because this is available in literally every single fighting game lol

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Eternal Champions: Challenge From the Darkside

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShangTsung7

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

I am really confused right now. Please explain, because this is available in literally every single fighting game lol

uh.. NO it most certainly is NOT.. i haven't the slightest clue where you're getting that from unless you're playing alternate versions of fighting games than the rest of us, MK9 doesn't have this option nor do ANY of the ps2 MK games or ANY other for that matter, MVC3 is the ONLY fighting game i can think of which has something close to it but just in the training menu, definitely not the same.. its a damn shame more fighting games don't have this option cause it would ad countless hours of replay value, MK9 for example i quit playing in less than a year cause everyone i play online chooses the same damn characters EVERY fvkin time with the EXACT same fighting strategy so playing it online is boring and the ladders aren't randomly generated so you get the same opponents every time, *sigh* such a shame too cause that game is so epic.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#21 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Of all time? Soul Calibur 3. It had the most amazing single player content ever. Plus the story mode is amazing. SC5 can just suck shaft.

Budokai 3 hd remake is a close second.

special-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 33

#22  Edited By special-ops
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts

My favorite fighting game is Tekken Tag Tournament,Tekken 4,Street Fighter 4,Super Street Fighter 4:Arcade Edition,Street Fighter Alpha 3,Tekken 5,Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

The original Mortal Kombat. It's incredibly and beautifully simple. It also evokes strong nostalgia, and with the filters on the Arcade Kollection, that's just that much easier to do. Modern fighters require expensive peripherals and a college course on fighting games, not something I have any patience for at all.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By huerito323

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

uh.. NO it most certainly is NOT.. i haven't the slightest clue where you're getting that from unless you're playing alternate versions of fighting games than the rest of us, MK9 doesn't have this option nor do ANY of the ps2 MK games or ANY other for that matter, MVC3 is the ONLY fighting game i can think of which has something close to it but just in the training menu, definitely not the same.. its a damn shame more fighting games don't have this option cause it would ad countless hours of replay value, MK9 for example i quit playing in less than a year cause everyone i play online chooses the same damn characters EVERY fvkin time with the EXACT same fighting strategy so playing it online is boring and the ladders aren't randomly generated so you get the same opponents every time, *sigh* such a shame too cause that game is so epic.

You can choose your A.I opponent in every fighting game.

You can pick the stage.

You can choose what difficulty you want.

WTF is wrong with you?? lol

PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PiscesAnimeGirl

@ristactionjakso: I agree ^_^ although I play SC2 a bit more ._.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Have to say it's a 3 way tie for MK9, Injustice and Killer Instinct.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#27 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

@ristactionjakso: I agree ^_^ although I play SC2 a bit more ._.

Me too since the SC2 HD online release. Imagine if they kept everything in SC3, made it HD and added online play? The best sc ever.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShangTsung7

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

You can pick the stage.

you got me.. lol i honestly thought you were serious.

PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PiscesAnimeGirl

@ristactionjakso: Don't forget adding Dante from DMC like they planned to in the first place

Zjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zjun
Member since 2013 • 147 Posts

Super Smash Bros, Injustice, Street Fighter, DBZ: Budukai 3 as mentioned above seem really fun to play!

Mr. Z~kun

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

DOA 2

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

You can pick the stage.

every fighting game I know gives you these options... I'm not exactly sure what you're on about.

In any case, fighting against A.I. sucks the fun out of fighters anyways. More than half the game is getting into the head of your opponent. A.I. can never replace a human brain.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lulu_Lulu

@Pikminmaniac

Even better if you're opponent is sitting righr next to you. Alil nudge followed by a 15 hit combo is just awesome.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

For all of the fighting genre enthusiasts, what is your favorite fighting game? Mine is Soul Calibur II for the PS2, Xbox, and GC.

Hmm, i havent played a fighting game since Tekken back in the mid 90´s :)

So i would have to say Tekken

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#35 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

It's between Tekken 3 and BlazBlue CT

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShangTsung7

@Pikminmaniac said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

You can pick the stage.

every fighting game I know gives you these options... I'm not exactly sure what you're on about.

In any case, fighting against A.I. sucks the fun out of fighters anyways. More than half the game is getting into the head of your opponent. A.I. can never replace a human brain.

1. omg you ARE actually being serious!? i can't figure out if you're trolling or you truly are that big of an idiot cause NO they do NOT! name ONE fighting game that lets you choose an AI opponent in vs mode other than SFXTekken!!?? please! NAME ONE???

2. that is YOUR opinion, and a shallow, judgemental, retarded one at that. most people online play fighting games in the most redundant, repetitive, annoying way possible, choosing the same cheesy characters every time with the exact same fighting strategy and THAT is what sucks the fun out of fighting games! hence why some of us prefer AI opponents over online opponents cause at least with the AI you get a break from all the repetitiveness of cheese balling opponents. selfish people like you aggravate the fvk outa me cause you act as if any type of gaming preference other than your own is taboo and forbidden.. you need to wake up to the fact that the entire gaming industry does not revolve around YOU.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ ShangTsung7

What the hell is wrong with you ? :o

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 huerito323

@shangtsung7: Clearly, interacting with people on the internet is not meant for you. You're always starting crap for no reason. You got anger issues dude.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShangTsung7

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7: Clearly, interacting with people on the internet is not meant for you. You're always starting crap for no reason. You got anger issues dude.

you're one to talk m8, you've been troll bating me on here ever since i joined, seriously what is your problem with me?

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By huerito323

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

you're one to talk m8, you've been troll bating me on here ever since i joined, seriously what is your problem with me?

how have I ever trolled you? I've disagreed with you countless times, but I don't call you an idiot or disrespect you in any way. We're all gamers here, it's ok to debate and get our point across, but you take things far too serious and you start insulting people. If you can't handle anyone telling you you're wrong, then maybe you should stay away.

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

Guys guys calm down, shangtsung is clearly a troll and quite the effective one at that since he's moved the topic from fighting games to arguing over a.i. So like all minor annoyances you should ignore it and it goes away.

Let's get back to the main topic, my favourite fighting game of all time would have to DBZ Budokai 3, boring matches against A.I. but man against friends you could have some of the most epic face-offs. More recently however my fighting game itch is being scratched by Injustice =]

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShangTsung7

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

Guys guys calm down, shangtsung is clearly a troll and quite the effective one at that since he's moved the topic from fighting games to arguing over a.i. So like all minor annoyances you should ignore it and it goes away.

Let's get back to the main topic, my favourite fighting game of all time would have to DBZ Budokai 3, boring matches against A.I. but man against friends you could have some of the most epic face-offs. More recently however my fighting game itch is being scratched by Injustice =]

wtf.. you asshats are just gang trolling now, and i've done nothing to offend any of you turds, so let me get this strait? i'm not allowed to disagree with something which i know is 100% false? and you're calling "ME" the troll? lmfao!! omg thats classic.. minor annoyance eh? for disagreeing with something thats false? really m8? what have you got down syndrome or something? lol i'd report you pricks but i doubt it'd do any good, love how you play the victim btw, like "I'VE" somehow wronged "YOU".. thats textbook bro, bet you're real proud of yourself you delusional sociopath.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Tekken 5 DR

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShangTsung7

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

how have I ever trolled you? I've disagreed with you countless times, but I don't call you an idiot or disrespect you in any way. We're all gamers here, it's ok to debate and get our point across, but you take things far too serious and you start insulting people. If you can't handle anyone telling you you're wrong, then maybe you should stay away.

its one thing to disagree with somebodies opinion but you take it to another level m8, you make it a point to place random disagreements towards everything i comment on without even explaining your reason for disagreeing, its obvious you were placing these posts just to see how i would react, in other words "troll bating" and you've been doing it to me since i first joined this site, tbh it borderlines on creepy.

and you guys still haven't answered my question. name ONE game other than SFXTekken which has an AI option in vs mode?

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pupp3t_mast3r

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

its one thing to disagree with somebodies opinion but you take it to another level m8, you make it a point to place random disagreements towards everything i comment on without even explaining your reason for disagreeing, its obvious you were placing these posts just to see how i would react, in other words "troll bating" and you've been doing it to me since i first joined this site, tbh it borderlines on creepy.

and you guys still haven't answered my question. name ONE game other than SFXTekken which has an AI option in vs mode?

Ok you really need to go into more detail because AI exists in single player for every single fighting game. Depending on the game you can alter the AI either in training mode OR during single player matches. And a couple of games I've done that in are Soul Calibur 3 and MvC3.

Why exactly is it important to have AI in vs mode? So going back to your original post about AI, stages and characters, most fighting games let you alter those in single player modes just not always in VS, but once again I don't see why having it in a VS mode matters?

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 huerito323

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

You're taking this way overboard. First of all, we don't have to mention ONE game, because there's too damn many that give you those options that you mention. I am not the only one who's been telling you this. Maybe you're not explaining yourself correctly.

Second of all, I don't even know when you joined this site. I don't log in gamespot specifically to look at your posts, you aren't special. The only time I remember arguing with you is on the subject of multiplayer games. That's it.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShangTsung7

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

Ok you really need to go into more detail because AI exists in single player for every single fighting game. Depending on the game you can alter the AI either in training mode OR during single player matches. And a couple of games I've done that in are Soul Calibur 3 and MvC3.

Why exactly is it important to have AI in vs mode? So going back to your original post about AI, stages and characters, most fighting games let you alter those in single player modes just not always in VS, but once again I don't see why having it in a VS mode matters?

because contrary to your beliefs m8 there are some of us who get tired of playing the same cheesy characters with the same cheese balling tactics each and every time we go online and thats why i stated earlier in this thread that its a shame all fighting games don't have an AI option in the vs mode.. anyways, let me give you a perfect example- if you've ever played MK9 i'm sure you noticed how boring the online matches are on that game "this is also the reason NOBODY plays the game online anymore" every time you try to find a match you get the same thing, Kung Lao, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Kano, and occasionally Rain, this is because those characters are practically impossible to lose with once you've mastered their op tactics, no bs they are literally op'ed to the point of ruining the game, well.. NOT EVERYONE wants to face ONLY these characters each and EVERY time they decide to play MK9 and the same can be said for other fighting games as well, and THATS why i posted that i wish all fighting games had this option, cause of REPLAY value, see? i was not "trolling" m8 i was just stating my "opinion" and all i was trying to do was correct those who claim that all fighting games DID have an AI option in vs mode which was false, "not true" i wish it were so but it isn't, if it were so i would still be playing MK9, understand? :D

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pupp3t_mast3r

@shangtsung7 said:

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

because contrary to your beliefs m8 there are some of us who get tired of playing the same cheesy characters with the same cheese balling tactics each and every time we go online and thats why i stated earlier in this thread that its a shame all fighting games don't have an AI option in the vs mode.. anyways, let me give you a perfect example- if you've ever played MK9 i'm sure you noticed how boring the online matches are on that game "this is also the reason NOBODY plays the game online anymore" every time you try to find a match you get the same thing, Kung Lao, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Kano, and occasionally Rain, this is because those characters are practically impossible to lose with once you've mastered their op tactics, no bs they are literally op'ed to the point of ruining the game, well.. NOT EVERYONE wants to face ONLY these characters each and EVERY time they decide to play MK9 and the same can be said for other fighting games as well, and THATS why i posted that i wish all fighting games had this option, cause of REPLAY value, see? i was not "trolling" m8 i was just stating my "opinion" and all i was trying to do was correct those who claim that all fighting games DID have an AI option in vs mode which was false, "not true" i wish it were so but it isn't, if it were so i would still be playing MK9, understand? :D

I get what you're saying since I'd have the same crap in MK9, if I played with less experienced friends they'd just choose noob and spam his stupid moves. However my whole point and I'd like to think what the others who replied to you were trying to get across was AI modes and difficulties exist in most fighting games OUTSIDE of vs mode and they basically give you a similar experience to fighting ai on vs mode.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShangTsung7

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

I get what you're saying since I'd have the same crap in MK9, if I played with less experienced friends they'd just choose noob and spam his stupid moves. However my whole point and I'd like to think what the others who replied to you were trying to get across was AI modes and difficulties exist in most fighting games OUTSIDE of vs mode and they basically give you a similar experience to fighting ai on vs mode.

yea but arcade mode matches get repetitive bro, omg do they ever get repetitive.. ESPECIALLY in MK9 which has ladders that aren't randomly generated, this means you get the EXACT SAME cycle of like 6 total WITH the exact same fighting arenas, then they just loop.. its beyond annoying just trust me when i say the ability to choose your own opponent and stage would be infinitely better.