Favorite Character Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-598eef4dcda95
deactivated-598eef4dcda95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-598eef4dcda95
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

Can a Fighting Game Character be your Favorite Character, since he's the character you're absolutely best with and has been your favorite for almost a decade (even before you started picking favorites), and despite the fact that he's been screwed over far too many times in recent years in an attempt to get you to make his sworn enemy your Favorite Character instead, not just by disgruntled fans, but by the people who created him as well?

The character in question is Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat.

I love Scorpion as well, but the proven fact is I'll never be as good with him as I am with Sub-Zero. The way Sub-Zero was treated by NRS in MK9, Kuai Liang's bogus portrayal in Legacy (not to mention both Subs getting killed off AGAIN), those pig-headed naysayers who wouldn't stop predicting Sub-Zero would never come back in MKX (but that was before the game got announced), etc etc etc. is what keeps forcing me to have second thoughts about Sub-Zero being my Absolute Favorite...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-598eef4dcda95

Please respond. I really don't want this to be ignored.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I really don't see why not. I don't think there are any steadfast rules saying who can and can't be your favorite video game character.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

No one's forcing you to like anything like who you want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-598eef4dcda95

Thank You. With that, Sub-Zero's my Absolute Favorite MK Character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-598eef4dcda95

A few more things:

-Sub-Zero's my Favorite Character in all incarnations, not just Kuai Liang.

-I favor the Original Timeline of Mortal Kombat over the New Altered Timeline. I grew up playing the Original Series, also my Favorite Character Switching Nightmare didn't begin until MK9 first got announced and everyone started making Sub-Zero look bad.

-I DO NOT support the MK Community. They're cruel and unforgiving, and even tried scaring me away from Mortal Kombat (More about that matter in this thread). I fully support Netherrealm Studios, because they're good, caring, and were very helpful to me during rough times. They even apologized (twice!) for how evil the Community was to me.