Fatal Frame Wii. I'm already scared. o_0

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

1up has the scoop on this, they found it on French site Wiiz.

Currently being developed by Grasshopper Manufacture (of No More Heroes fame), and published by Nintendo, the latest installment on the horror series will be coming for Wii...soon. I don't know.

I'm interested in this one. I remember playing FF2 on Xbox, but never got to finish it, I couldn't handle the psychological pressure and freaked out.

EDIT: Thanks to Progenitor for posting more awesome info!

From Tecmo's recent press conference:

Japanese Title: Rei: Tsukihami no Kamen
Platform: Wii
Publisher: Nintendo
Developers: Tecmo, Grasshopper Manufacture, Nintendo
Producer: Keisuke Kikuchi (Fatal Frame I - III)
Directors: Makoto Shibata (Fatal Frame I - III), Goichi Suda (Killer7, No More Heroes)
Japanese Release Date: Summer 2008

IGN's article contains some more information.

Pics or it didn't happen:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Why are they holding hands?

Photobucket

kvn7918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kvn7918
Member since 2005 • 1544 Posts
Those pics look great,i never got a chance to play the other fatal frame games.I've always heard they were great,now that i own a system that can play one i'll be picking this one up.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Now this is more like it. I like this one already. Would have preferred a redux of Siren, but this will do.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
Now this is more like it. I like this one already. Would have preferred a redux of Siren, but this will do.nopalversion
I think Siren has a lot of potential as a horror series that actually scares the player, and I'm sure that a few years from now, Sony will get someone internal or external to create a new installment of the game for the PS3 when things level out for them.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#5 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Siren was awful. It wasn't scary, merely frustrating.

Fatal Frame 1 and 2 are the best horror games I have ever played and this one is looking pretty good from the screens, I just hope they get a comfortable control scheme for it.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

AzelKosMos

*shrugs* I found it to be the best approach to a horror game in terms of putting you in a state where it was easy to be afraid of the circumstances of your character.

It's the only horror/survival game that I actually felt genuinely scared in.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

AzelKosMos

Siren was one of the most frightening and genuinely difficult games I've ever played! It's not for everybody, but it is definitely a fantastic game for the audience it targeted. I personally adored it, and wish that Siren 2 had been released in the United States.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

Tecmo gave the Gamecube the middle finger, but now Fatal Frame is coming to Wii? WTF?

I'm guessing this is a port of the old game right? Since Grasshopper is doing it I'd assume so anyway. Why is Nintendo publishing Tecmo's game? This whole thing has me confused.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m0zart
That's what I want to understand. Is this Fatal Frame IV, or is it a port/remake of the original Fatal Frame?
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
[QUOTE="AzelKosMos"]

Skylock00

*shrugs* I found it to be the best approach to a horror game in terms of putting you in a state where it was easy to be afraid of the circumstances of your character.

It's the only horror/survival game that I actually felt genuinely scared in.

Skylock now that you have an xbox360, you should try out comdemned, the final parts in that game will make you jump out of your seat.

Progenitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Progenitor
Member since 2003 • 3710 Posts

Here are the first details, from Tecmo's recent press conference:

Japanese Title: Rei: Tsukihami no Kamen
Platform: Wii
Publisher: Nintendo
Developers: Tecmo, Grasshopper Manufacture, Nintendo
Producer: Keisuke Kikuchi (Fatal Frame I - III)
Directors: Makoto Shibata (Fatal Frame I - III), Goichi Suda (Killer7, No More Heroes)
Japanese Release Date: Summer 2008

IGN's article contains some more information.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

kvn7918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kvn7918
Member since 2005 • 1544 Posts
That's what I want to understand. Is this Fatal Frame IV, or is it a port/remake of the original Fatal Frame?m0zart
Reports are going around that it's part 4,but i remember when the game was first announced people was saying that it was a port of the first.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
It looks nothing like the first. Certainly not a port. I'm betting on IV myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
If its a new game, why the hell is Grasshopper working on it? This kind of seems like the Konami deal with Twin Snakes, where they port the old game to Nintendo's system while Nintendo and *insert 2nd-party here* do most of the work.
W3dotCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 W3dotCOM
Member since 2005 • 1942 Posts
Dangitl, now I need to get a Wii.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SteelAttack

Info. More info.Progenitor

Sweet! Thanks for posting! I just added it to the first post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Its good that Nintendo is doing this though, publishing it and all. This is something they need to do alot more of, publishing adult-oriented titles themselves and supporting them. Best way to kickstart the mature market on your system is to do it yourself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Photobucket

*Guy in the middle*

"Don't touch my hands......stop touching my hands!"

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Hmm, so the key people behind it are still involved, but they're using a different development team. Sounds kinda like Dragon Quest and Resident Evil (to a certain extent).
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SteelAttack

*Guy in the middle*

"Don't touch my hands......stop touching my hands!"

EdgecrusherAza

:lol: Guy in the middle wants out, but the one in the right has seniority over him, so he has to stay like that. The one on the left is just thrilled and ecstatic at the same time he is actually touching the other two guys' hands.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
It looks beautiful. hopefully the story is of the same quality as the visuals.
Nentindoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nentindoh
Member since 2003 • 461 Posts

Photobucket

Photobucket

SteelAttack

Looks like the original version of RE4

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Looks really cool.
rosesforever89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 rosesforever89
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts
:shock: Dang I need to get a Wii. I love FF2. Thats the only one Ive played. I need to get the first one on ebay.
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts
I hope GS gets a page up for this game soon, so I can add it to my list before I forget about it. :P Sounds great, and at one time I was considering buying the PS2 ones.
CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CIoud_S
Member since 2007 • 3216 Posts
This is what I like to see. A solid "adult" oriented title for the Wii, good news indeed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#29 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
The pictures look pretty cool, I haven't beaten the other Fatal Frame games yet but I really like the games alot.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

If those are the actual screen shots, it looks really good!

Also, I too hope, for Fatal Frame fans, that it's part IV and NOT a remake.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 m0zart

This is what I like to see. A solid "adult" oriented title for the Wii, good news indeed.CIoud_S

Honestly, No More Heroes is about as adults-only a game as I've experienced lately on any platform. If the in-game trainer goes any further in his advances on my character's "assets", I am going to have to file sexual harrasment charges!

But yes, I am hoping for a good solid horror title. And given that Fatal Frame is such an established series in that regard, that would pretty much demonstrate the viability of such games on the Wii.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
More reasons to why I should own a Wii keep popping up. I'm quite glad I own one. Now... I should really think of phoning Nintendo. :?
gohantech00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 gohantech00
Member since 2005 • 9216 Posts
Awesome! I've played the first two, which are two of my favorite survival horror games out there. I wish I could find the third one, though. It's pretty much impossible to find that game for some reason.
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 m0zart

Awesome! I've played the first two, which are two of my favorite survival horror games out there. I wish I could find the third one, though. It's pretty much impossible to find that game for some reason.gohantech00

You can easily find it for sale on resale websites but you will be paying premium price for it.

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

[QUOTE="gohantech00"]Awesome! I've played the first two, which are two of my favorite survival horror games out there. I wish I could find the third one, though. It's pretty much impossible to find that game for some reason.m0zart

You can easily find it for sale on resale websites but you will be paying premium price for it.

The Xbox versions of the first two can still be found for relatively cheap (just don't fully expect mint condition copies), but the PS2 versions for whatever reason are going for higher, likely because there are fewer copies of those version in circulation at this point. I'm glad I already own the whole series.

IGN is relaying rumors that Nintendo actually owns the IP, now. How about that if its true? Regardless, this makes me more even more happy to be a Wii owner, I love this series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

IGN is relaying rumors that Nintendo actually owns the IP, now. How about that if its true? Regardless, this makes me more even more happy to be a Wii owner, I love this series.

VMan

How would that even be possible? Its Tecmo's franchise and its been around for awhile without ever being on a Nintendo system until now. I don't see how it could all the sudden be theirs. But I don't doubt that they made some kind of exclusive agreement to keep it a Nintendo-only franchise for awhile.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 m0zart
[QUOTE="m0zart"]

[QUOTE="gohantech00"]Awesome! I've played the first two, which are two of my favorite survival horror games out there. I wish I could find the third one, though. It's pretty much impossible to find that game for some reason.VMan

The Xbox versions of the first two can still be found for relatively cheap (just don't fully expect mint condition copies), but the PS2 versions for whatever reason are going for higher, likely because there are fewer copies of those version in circulation at this point. I'm glad I already own the whole series.

Yeah I realize that about the first two -- the XBOX versions of the first two games are superior anyway. But the third one was only released on the PS2 and is the most rare of the series. You can still find it in plenty on resale websites, but be prepared to pay $60 or $70 for it.

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VMan
[QUOTE="VMan"]

EdgecrusherAza

How would that even be possible? Its Tecmo's franchise and its been around for awhile without ever being on a Nintendo system until now. I don't see how it could all the sudden be theirs. But I don't doubt that they made some kind of exclusive agreement to keep it a Nintendo-only franchise for awhile.

The rumor is Nintendo bought it.

From the IGN Preview:

"As an interesting note, rumors have stated that the Big N has purchased the Fatal Frame name, and it looks like one of the industry's top horror franchises could now be a Nintendo exclusive from now on. This is exactly the kind of announcement hardcore gamers have been waiting for on Wii."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"][QUOTE="VMan"]

VMan

From the IGN Preview:

"As an interesting note, rumors have stated that the Big N has purchased the Fatal Frame name, and it looks like one of the industry's top horror franchises could now be a Nintendo exclusive from now on. This is exactly the kind of announcement hardcore gamers have been waiting for on Wii."

Huh...very weird.

I've never heard of a company just outright buying a series like that. I wonder if Tecmo maybe wasn't interested in keeping it going themselves, so Nintendo scooped it up and got the original developers to work on it? At any rate, its cool that Nintendo is so interested in this type of game. Hopefully there's even more games on the edgy side of things headed to the Wii.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#40 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

smart move by tecmo.

Capcom is already testing the market for suvival horror on Wii, Wii has sold enough to secure the market, and developing for Wii is cheaper than other systems.

It just sucks for me who doesn't have Wii and doesn't plan to buy Wii because Fatal Frame is my most beloved suvival horror franchise.

O well, I managed to live without Metroid and Zelda for over a decade so I guess I'll just have to add another lost cause for me.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

From the IGN Preview:

VMan

I've never cared for the Fatal Frame series (the camera thing is too silly for me) but this coupled with the fact that MS is publishing Ninja Gaiden 2 is unusual. I wonder if Tecmo is having financial difficulties and/or planning on closing down?

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Tecmo, Grasshopper Man., and Nintendo? Yow.
Only in Japan can you have these kinds of team ups.

So where are the in game pics?
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VMan

[QUOTE="VMan"]

From the IGN Preview:

CarnageHeart

I've never cared for the Fatal Frame series (the camera thing is too silly for me) but this coupled with the fact that MS is publishing Ninja Gaiden 2 is unusual. I wonder if Tecmo is having financial difficulties and/or planning on closing down?

I felt the same way I read about this. Back when I first heard about Microsoft paying the bills for Ninja Gaiden 2, I thought it was kinda fishy, but when I brushed it aside thinking maybe that was just their (Microsoft's) way of preventing a "Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma" from ever existing. Then when I heard about Nintendo publishing Fatal Frame, I at first thought similarly, but then when I factor in the rumors that Tecmo has sold the IP to them...yeah, now I'm a bit concerned about Tecmo's financial state.

I personally consider (or should I say...considered?) Fatal Frame to be one of Tecmo's biggest and best franchises. The idea that they may have sold it, as well as the fact they're not even publishing the next installment, rather, by a company that has had no prior interaction with the series (which makes the rumor all the more likely), then considering that fact they are giving publishing rights of what is now arguably their biggest franchise next to Dead or Alive to someone else has me wondering indeed if Tecmo is quiety stumbling toward the defunct (Or perhaps..assimilation?!? Ok, that may be a little far-fetched but i'm just throwing that out there).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
I didn't know that Microsoft was publishing Ninja Gaiden 2, either. That actually sucks....I wanted to get it on PS3 eventually so I could have both it and Sigma on there. Doesn't look good for that plan now.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Game is looking nice, I never played any of the other games but im quite certain ill be picking this one up.
Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts
Silent Hill

*runs from the thread*
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
Siren was a poor attmpt at making a stealth horror game. It would have been much better if it wasn't repetitve and if the shibitos were easier to kill! Anyways, I've never tried a single fatal frame game even though my friends at college tell me to play it everytime I bring up videogames :P I decided to buy a wii in summer if I got on the dean's list *I deserve it :P!* but will this be as good as the original?
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

Silent Hill

*runs from the thread*Kreatzion

Nah this one is alot scarier... silent hill is good enough to scare school girls...

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SteelAttack

silent hill is good enough to scare school girls...

gamingqueen

Photobucket

Wha? I got scared with Silent Hill. :cry:

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

silent hill is good enough to scare school girls...

SteelAttack

Photobucket

Wha? I got scared with Silent Hill. :cry:

School girl. :P