Far Cry 4 confirmed !

#1 Edited by mjorh (808 posts) -

As part of Ubisoft's earnings report today for the year ended March 31, the French publisher officially confirmed Far Cry 4, the next entry in the action series. It's not much of a surprise, as Ubisoft told GameSpot last year at E3 2013 that a follow-up to Far Cry 3 was a sure-thing based on the sales of that game.

"The year's performance will be led by five games--Assassin’s Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Just Dance, The Crew, and Watch Dogs," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said in a statement. "Watch Dogs' pre-orders are at record levels and it is perfectly positioned to become the industry’s most successful new IP in history."

Far Cry 4 will launch sometime in Ubisoft's current fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2015.

the latest entry in the Far Cry franchise that will be heading our way later this year on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. The game, which will release on November 18 in the US and November 20 in the EMEA territories, aims to deliver the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever.

Great news!

Awesome year for Ubisoft!

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

My first thought...I need to finish Far Cry 3.

#3 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18524 posts) -

We've known for a couple months. We even already knew it would be set in the Himalayas and would feature rideable elephants

#4 Edited by mjorh (808 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

We've known for a couple months. We even already knew it would be set in the Himalayas and would feature rideable elephants

And i know you were the one who posted it, this is the officially confirmation by Ubisoft and i thought it might worth mentioning and the release date.

#5 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72470 posts) -

Dammit my wallet is taking a big hit this year :(

#6 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18524 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

And i know you were the one who posted it, this is the officially confirmation by Ubisoft and i thought it might worth mentioning and the release date.

It wasn't directed to you, my bad. I was referring to Ubi treating this like a big reveal when the cat has been out of the bag for months.

On topic: I'm cautiously excited about this. On one had it's FarCry, fuck yeah bring it on. On the other I hope they aren't planning a yearly release: I don't want people to burn out on FarCry and start hating on it like with CoD and Assassin's Creed.

#7 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

I hope they don't turn it into another AC franchise.

#8 Edited by mjorh (808 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 No problem man, I think they're gonna test the sales potential of the game first u know , if it sales well like AC , yeah they'll make it annually , Why the POP franchise is dead? because AC had much more better sales.

#9 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6236 posts) -

Awesome! At first I didn't much like FC3, but the more I played it, the more it grew on me.

#10 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18524 posts) -

@mjorh said:

No problem man, I think they're gonna test the sales potential of the game first u know , if it sales well like AC , yeah they'll make it annually , Why the POP franchise is dead? because AC had much more better sales.

That's what I'm afraid of. Any game will overstay its welcome coming out every year.

#11 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

Meh.

#12 Edited by LiquidButter (43 posts) -

The metrosexual looking character on the box art is quite intriguing. Definitely doesn't fit the usual evil villain archetype. That alone makes me want to try it.

#13 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16793 posts) -

Here's hoping it improves on Far Cry 3.

#14 Edited by HipHopBeats (2906 posts) -

@mjorh said:

As part of Ubisoft's earnings report today for the year ended March 31, the French publisher officially confirmed Far Cry 4, the next entry in the action series. It's not much of a surprise, as Ubisoft told GameSpot last year at E3 2013 that a follow-up to Far Cry 3 was a sure-thing based on the sales of that game.

"The year's performance will be led by five games--Assassin’s Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Just Dance, The Crew, and Watch Dogs," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said in a statement. "Watch Dogs' pre-orders are at record levels and it is perfectly positioned to become the industry’s most successful new IP in history."

Far Cry 4 will launch sometime in Ubisoft's current fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2015.

the latest entry in the Far Cry franchise that will be heading our way later this year on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. The game, which will release on November 18 in the US and November 20 in the EMEA territories, aims to deliver the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever.

Great news!

Awesome year for Ubisoft!

Thoughts?

Far Cry 4 preorder bonuses announced before a trailer?

"If you preorder Far Cry 4, you'll receive a limited edition version of the game that includes Hurk's Redemption, a three-part single-player mission pack featuring the character Hurk from Far Cry 3. You'll also receive Hurk's main weapon, the harpoon gun called The Impaler, if you preorder."

Lol! Wtf? Talk about milking the hype. Not even a game trailer and Ubi is already talking about pre order bonuses? And people really believe Watch Dogs DLC wasn't cut content pushed aside for more profit? If Far Cry 4 lives up to the hype, I'll wait for a price drop or a GOTY / Ultimate Edition. No way would I buy into the season pass, cut content DLC bullshit.

#15 Posted by mjorh (808 posts) -

@HipHopBeats Yeah ,But you're talking like this is the first time you're encountering such a lame-ass move!

#16 Edited by Behardy24 (4652 posts) -

Not surprised, Far Cry 3 did very well for Ubisoft and rightfully so. Far Cry 3 has finally found the way the original Far Cry was suppose to be.

#17 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

I was expecting Ubisoft to announce this game so soon after far cry 3.

#18 Posted by elkoldo (1164 posts) -

I hate Farcry so I don't give a damn.

#19 Posted by marcheegsr (2843 posts) -

I hope its as great if not better than Far cry 3.

#20 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

I hope its as great if not better than Far cry 3.

I enjoyed far cry 3 so I hope ubi can make the game even better than the previous game.

#21 Edited by mjorh (808 posts) -

Far cry 3 was 9/10 for me ! brilliant game! i hated the way they screwed the main villain tho ...it could be Joker 2.0 !

@elkoldo said:

What's with the hard-on for Ubisoft games Erfan? :D

#22 Posted by Old_Gooseberry (3753 posts) -

hopefully they can take this game to new places. Im kinda tired of running around a jungle knifing people. or maybe im not.

#23 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Far Cry is all well and good. I am more worried about Watch Dogs. All the hype had me going but it just keeps dragging on and on. The fact that the only comment had to do with pre-orders and biggest new ip ever, mixed with how they hyped and marketed the first AC, which in my opinion was only half a game that did not really become any good until II, has me a little nervous.

#24 Edited by elkoldo (1164 posts) -
@mjorh said:

Far cry 3 was 9/10 for me ! brilliant game! i hated the way they screwed the main villain tho ...it could be Joker 2.0 !

@elkoldo said:

What's with the hard-on for Ubisoft games Erfan? :D

I just find them ,EA and Activision as money whores, 'cause they release any game on any possible platform , making the smallest amount of change in the (annual )game , so as to keep their costumers and to not lose any, and to maximize their goddamn profit.

I liked Prince of Persia The Two Thrones though.Tied to some nice memories.

Edit :

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Meh.

This ^

#25 Posted by mjorh (808 posts) -

@elkoldo Activision and EA but not Ubisoft , man you're saying that for instance AC IV Black Flag was the same as previous ones ? FC3 was the same as FC2 ? Watch Dogs , Division, The Crew are the new IPs from Ubisoft , every company values the profit as its very first priority and it does make sense cuz it's business ! i don't wanna defend it but it's the reality , i don't accept EA-like strategies tho.

#26 Posted by SovietsUnited (2319 posts) -

Can't wait to play this one, Far Cry 3 was an exhilarating, insane game and fun from start to finish

#27 Posted by HipHopBeats (2906 posts) -

@mjorh: Unfortunately it won't be the last.