• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SirStupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SirStupidity
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

I just can't wait for this amazing game, and was wondering if there was anyone out there that is as hype as I am. And I was wondering what other people think their game of the year will be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I am not hyped, but I am looking forwards to it based on FO3 and NV (although that was not Bethesda of course).

I hope it is as good as I think it is.

As for game of the year?

My list so far is:

The Witcher 3

MGS5 (despite my reservations for it, and a lackluster 2nd half)

SOMA

And of course I expect FO4 to be on the list, depending on how well it fares, I will say that FO4 is likely my GOTY, followed by TW3

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@sirstupidity: i am not hyped at all. Skyrim was broken, and it never received DLC for the game on PS3. Fallout 3 was a buggy mess. Fallout New Vegas was also a buggy mess.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4  Edited By Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I loved Fallout 3 but couldn't get into New Vegas at all. Playing it cautious with Fallout 4. I'm optimistic but not certain it's a Day One purchase for me.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

i'm a big fan of the series and have it pre-ordered, but strangely i'm not that hyped for it at the moment. i don't know why exactly

Particlebit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Particlebit
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

I'm pretty hyped, just because this should really highlight some of the next gen capabilities. Plus, playing it on Vita (even if the controls are horrible)? Yes please.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Oh yeah I'm very hyped. Loved Fallout 3 and Skyrim so I'm a pretty big fan of Bethesda's games.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I can't wait to play this game. I have really enjoy the last one. This is for sure going to be good game. Also I'm happy about the crafting part; Let's see how a great studios can handle crafting.

mpl911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mpl911
Member since 2005 • 1223 Posts

God yes - hugely hyped about it! Fallout3, although the first RPG I'd ever played was simply the greatest game I've ever played on any console and I've been gaming for more decades than I want to think about. I didn't even know F3 was an RPG when I bought it...saw some clips for it and thought it was a shooter. When I started playing it and saw "hit points" and "action points" I thought "what's this crap?" but persevered and absolutely loved it. Played for about 400 hours over 3 playthroughs. Couldn't really get into NV though probably played that for about 50 hours also before I decided that. Since F4 was announced I've been counting down the days, endlessly telling my wife "only 84 days to go until Fallout!" or "just 37 days left!". She's a bit bored hearing about this now.

I've even taken the Monday after release off work to give myself a few more hours to get into this, and I've never done that before.

I'm not a person who normally gets so hyped about any game - but this one has REALLY got to me.

Come on 10th November!!!

SirStupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SirStupidity

@The_Last_Ride: Skyrim did get DLC on PS3. And while yes it was a little buggy at launch it is a great game now, and mods only make it better. As for Fallout 3 I can say the same thing. New Vegas wasn't that great however. But I'm interested to here what you are hyped for, if not for fallout.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@sirstupidity: now... That's the problem. Three years after the dlc is out, it's playble

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

SUper hyped, I pre-ordered it and I can't wait.

xxbioghostxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 xxbioghostxx
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

@Allicrombie

Vegas was awful.

Fallout 3 was good but short. I think i beat the main quest under 6 hours. Maybe even 5.

SirStupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SirStupidity

@The_Last_Ride: XD I remember playing on in PS3 in 2012.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I just want one of those laser muskets with the crank.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@sirstupidity said:

@The_Last_Ride: XD I remember playing on in PS3 in 2012.

and it was a broken hot mess

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I am hyped and excited about fallout 4

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I'm pretty fucking hyped... lots are.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

Weird to see all this New Vegas hate. They are both great but I thought New Vegas was much better. I thought this was popular opinion as well...

SirStupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SirStupidity

@The_Last_Ride: after the big patch in January 2012. A month after it came out it was fine nothing was game breaking. I'm starting to feel like you just didn't like it, and are trying to find ways to justify it. If you didn't like it just say so.

robdacool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robdacool
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

Sadly I have to work on Fallout 4's release day. Whats worse is I was volunteered to take my cousin and her baby to the Dr. for the kids checkup because her lazy-ass husband will be doing what I want to be doing that day.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride

@sirstupidity: no, it should have worked at launch...

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@mpl911 said:

God yes - hugely hyped about it! Fallout3, although the first RPG I'd ever played was simply the greatest game I've ever played on any console and I've been gaming for more decades than I want to think about. I didn't even know F3 was an RPG when I bought it...saw some clips for it and thought it was a shooter. When I started playing it and saw "hit points" and "action points" I thought "what's this crap?" but persevered and absolutely loved it. Played for about 400 hours over 3 playthroughs. Couldn't really get into NV though probably played that for about 50 hours also before I decided that. Since F4 was announced I've been counting down the days, endlessly telling my wife "only 84 days to go until Fallout!" or "just 37 days left!". She's a bit bored hearing about this now.

I've even taken the Monday after release off work to give myself a few more hours to get into this, and I've never done that before.

I'm not a person who normally gets so hyped about any game - but this one has REALLY got to me.

Come on 10th November!!!

Hah! That's how I feel too!!!!!

@MuD3 said:

Weird to see all this New Vegas hate. They are both great but I thought New Vegas was much better. I thought this was popular opinion as well...

I've actually heard from quite a few people that prefer 3 over nv. I'm one of them. But at least nv had slightly better combat options and harder difficulty.

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sirstupidity: now... That's the problem. Three years after the dlc is out, it's playble

As much as I'm a huge fan of the series, I might just wait awhile for this one. $150 (which is roughly the Aus retail price for the game + dlc) is just too much for a freakin' game.

I'm gonna get the complete, bug free edition for a more reasonable price.

... In the meantime it'll be interesting hearing peoples views of the game - but I have no doubt there'll be significant issues for a few month post release.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Recovering from major surgery means im off work for next 4 weeks.

So im more hyped for this now as i can play it to death.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Macutchi

i'm starting to get in the mood now, i think the reason i wasn't too hyped before was just because i'd not seen or heard much new about the game for months. i've been having a browse around online and checking out some videos and artwork and now my hype levels are rising. will probably book the day off work and make a day of it.

@thereal25 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

As much as I'm a huge fan of the series, I might just wait awhile for this one. $150 (which is roughly the Aus retail price for the game + dlc) is just too much for a freakin' game.

... In the meantime it'll be interesting hearing peoples views of the game - but I have no doubt there'll be significant issues for a few month post release.

i wouldn't be too concerned about f4 suffering from the same issues as the ps3 did last time around, the ps4 has a much more straight forward architecture so chances are it'll be a lot more solid (if that's why you're hesitant to pick it up around launch)

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thereal25

@Macutchi said:

i'm starting to get in the mood now, i think the reason i wasn't too hyped before was just because i'd not seen or heard much new about the game for months. i've been having a browse around online and checking out some videos and artwork and now my hype levels are rising. will probably book the day off work and make a day of it.

@thereal25 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

i wouldn't be too concerned about f4 suffering from the same issues as the ps3 did last time around, the ps4 has a much more straight forward architecture so chances are it'll be a lot more solid (if that's why you're hesitant to pick it up around launch)

:) Glad your hype levels are rising; it does look pretty freakin' awesome from what I've seen so far. I think Todd Howard and team have really put a great effort in.

... And your right about ps4 being better than ps3, but I'm a pc gamer. My concern is just that the game looks so huge and ambitious that there'll inevitably be some pretty game-ruining bugs that'll probably take months to get ironed out.

Also, I'd rather have the dlc to play with right from the start to help make the game more interesting. The problem with getting dlc much later is that I might have clocked the game and gotten bored of it - and by then the dlc would be much less enticing.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Macutchi
@thereal25 said:

:) Glad your hype levels are rising; it does look pretty freakin' awesome from what I've seen so far. I think Todd Howard and team have really put a great effort in.

... And your right about ps4 being better than ps3, but I'm a pc gamer. My concern is just that the game looks so huge and ambitious that there'll inevitably be some pretty game-ruining bugs that'll probably take months to get ironed out.

Also, I'd rather have the dlc to play with right from the start to help make the game more interesting. The problem with getting dlc much later is that I might have clocked the game and gotten bored of it - and by then the dlc would be much less enticing.

full credit to you if you're patient enough to wait for the goty edition dude. i couldn't do it, not with all my mates playing it and all the online hype / discussion it'll generate. plus i've found in the past if i pick up a goty edition without previously playing the main game, i can end up flitting between the main game and dlc and don't really give either the full attention they deserve. got a feeling the game will be fairly stable on consoles but yeah i'd be a bit apprehensive too if i was picking it up on pc

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thereal25

@Macutchi said:
@thereal25 said:

full credit to you if you're patient enough to wait for the goty edition dude. i couldn't do it, not with all my mates playing it and all the online hype / discussion it'll generate. plus i've found in the past if i pick up a goty edition without previously playing the main game, i can end up flitting between the main game and dlc and don't really give either the full attention they deserve. got a feeling the game will be fairly stable on consoles but yeah i'd be a bit apprehensive too if i was picking it up on pc

:) thanks; it won't be easy!

But I've got a decent sized backlog to work on.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm pumped up for Fallout 4 it should be a great game.

wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wide_ocean
Member since 2008 • 288 Posts

What I've read regarding dialogue and skills system wiped out any enthusiasm I had left. It's basically a dumbed down Fallout franchise FPS and couldn't be further removed from the originals. Franchise and some lore and design choices don't cut it for me.

Fallout 2 was the last great one.

Personally, I'm way more hyped for Just Cause 3.

wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wide_ocean

@MuD3: New Vegas is usually seen with more favor by people who were very disappointed with what Fallout 3 made of Fallout 2. Which aren't many.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@wide_ocean: There are a lot of us actually. just that most are on more specialized RPG/PC sites and not mainstream/console ones like IGN and gamespot. Here's the new remastered trailer, btw.

Loading Video...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

@wide_ocean: There are a lot of us actually. just that most are on more specialized RPG/PC sites and not mainstream/console ones like IGN and gamespot. Here's the new remastered trailer, btw.

There is a whole youtube thread for all your bad youtube videos.... so maybe post it there instead?

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bussinrounds

MY vids ? I didn't make this.

Redwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Redwood

Normally I'm never hyped for a game (seriously), but Fo4... oh boy. :D Please seeh my question, too => need some answers. TY :D

http://www.gamespot.com/fallout-4/forums/best-fallout-4-beginner-build-32730210/

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#37 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@thehig1 said:

Recovering from major surgery means im off work for next 4 weeks.

So im more hyped for this now as i can play it to death.

I had something similar happen with Witcher 3 where I had a month off coincide with its release, my god it was glorious.

i'll have to squeeze in as much FO4 as possible during my 50 hour work weeks these days, gonna be so painful in comparison.

GodlyTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GodlyTaco
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

Definitely hyped! I have been waiting so long. These last couple of days feel like forever.

wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wide_ocean

@bussinrounds: Sure, it's a decently sized community, but the way Bethesda is handling this franchise makes me think the overwhelming majority is happy with whatever the hell Fallout has become now.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Less then a week to go now. This game will consume my life.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yeah 5 more days of torture.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk

@bussinrounds said:

MY vids ? I didn't make this.

Hmm, so you just stumbled over this piece of shit from a unknown youtuber who has less than 55 followers? You must either be the most unlucky person in the youtube history or i call BS.

@wide_ocean said:

What I've read regarding dialogue and skills system wiped out any enthusiasm I had left. It's basically a dumbed down Fallout franchise FPS and couldn't be further removed from the originals. Franchise and some lore and design choices don't cut it for me.

Fallout 2 was the last great one.

Personally, I'm way more hyped for Just Cause 3.

Wait? you call fallout 4 dumbed down and then continue on to praise and tell us your hyped for one of the most basic unintelligent games ever made? a game that has no other positive than the chance to blow up shit, dialogue , story and characters in Just Cause are bland as bland can be.

Wow just wow. You can only be trolling right? If not then ya do not buy Fallout at all ever.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bussinrounds

@wide_ocean said:

@bussinrounds: Sure, it's a decently sized community, but the way Bethesda is handling this franchise makes me think the overwhelming majority is happy with whatever the hell Fallout has become now.

Yea, Bethesda should have just made their own post-apocalyptic first person shooter and save the money they spent on the Fallout license. They don't want to keep anything about it anyway, and the only reason people bought Fallout 3 was because it was an open world Bethesda game, not because it was a Fallout game.

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, so you just stumbled over this piece of shit from a unknown youtuber who has less than 55 followers? You must either be the most unlucky person in the youtube history or i call BS.

Ugh, I just saw it posted somewhere. I don't make you tube vids or give a **** about FOLLOWERS. lol,

Bethtards gonna bethtard

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jacanuk

@bussinrounds said:
@wide_ocean said:

Yea, Bethesda should have just made their own post-apocalyptic first person shooter and save the money they spent on the Fallout license. They don't want to keep anything about it anyway, and the only reason people bought Fallout 3 was because it was an open world Bethesda game, not because it was a Fallout game.

@Jacanuk said:

Ugh, I just saw it posted somewhere. I don't make you tube vids or give a **** about FOLLOWERS. lol,

Bethtards gonna bethtard

LOL ok , well unlucky then :)

Anyways to bad you do not get hyped over Fallout 4 :) i am sure that you will change your mind once the reviews drop in and people get their hands on it.

DaveJewitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DaveJewitt  Staff
Member since 2015 • 261 Posts

This is your hype train conductor speaking.

ALL ABOARD THE FALLOUT 4 HYPE TRAIN.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bussinrounds

@Jacanuk: Please. I'm not some teen/20 something year old that gets influenced by casuals or the running joke that is mainstream gaming journalism.

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SuperFlyZero
Member since 2015 • 414 Posts

My hype is through the roof for this baby!

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I lose hype the more new info and screenshots I see. Not getting it day one. I have exams anyway. I'll wait and see.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

Preordered and looking forward to it. However will have to work. Just thinking of ways to break my leg so I can take some time off to play.

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

Please don't burn me alive...but I don't understand the hype.

I have only played NV a while back (gave it like 25 hours) and I really didn't see what the big deal was. I am into a bunch of different genres and I gave it a fair shot but again, I thought it felt a little generic.

My question is, why is this such a big deal? This question is coming from someone who is a HUGE MGS fan and I would tear off my left leg for a proper Xenogears sequel/remake.

Let me know!