So this is just for anyone else anxiously waiting for the next installation of the Fallout 4. Are there any features, characteristics you think should be in Fallout 4 that were present in other games? For example, the ability to sprint, like in Skyrim. If you add anything be sure to write what game it was featured in if you can. Here's a list of things I'd like to see in the new Fallout that were featured in other games:
1. Like I said, sprinting. -Skyrim
2. I want to see a return of weapon mods. -Fallout: NV
3. I also want to see a return of the unique weapons having a different appearance. -Fallout: NV
4. The more depressing, dark environment of Fallout 3. Sure, New Vegas had some dark elements, but overall to me it just seemed too happy. The whole thing felt kind of lighthearted. So anyway, the dark environment. -Fallout 3
5. I can't really say this is from a specific game but I would really like to explore a destroyed cityscape, kind of like the denser areas of Fallout 3 and the Divide from Fallout: New Vegas.
6. The Survival skill and ability to collect ingredients and produce your own food and other medical supplies.
-Fallout: NV/ Skyrim
7. Hardcore mode. -Fallout: NV
8. True Iron Sights. -Fallout: NV
9.The reloading and work bench features. - Fallout: NV
10. Deeper character customization; scars, more hairstyles, Weight (maybe even the option to make a fatter character?) etc. -Skyrim
11. Maaaaaybe a new kind of transportation? I mean, Skyrim had horses. I know we probably won't be riding horses in Fallout seeing as it seems like they became extinct, but, ya know. Something. -Elder Scrolls
12. A more emotionally appealing plot. (I felt no motivation for the Fallout: NV plot. Why would I want to fight for a dam for a bunch of people I don't even know?) -Fallout 3
If you want to add anything or discuss one of the ideas please comment!