Fallout 3 is better than Skyrim who agrees?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

I finally played Skyrim one week ago, and I have to say I am not impressed. The storyline is so boring, dragons get old during the first battle, and its so boring walking in the mountains. Fallout 3 has a better storyline, the weapons are cooler, the characters are cooler, the levels and buildings are cooler, everything is cooler. the concept of vaults is genius and youre immersed into the story of finding your dad. Not to mention the dad actually felt like he was my dad. Oblivion was good, but medieval times are old now. im not a fallout fanboy, i think new vegas was boring and the beginning storyline is horrible. All in all fallout 3 is the best game bethesda ever made and definitley better than skyrim.

vault-boy1.jpg

#2 Posted by tomo90 (2244 posts) -

I do prefer Fallout in general to Elder Scrolls. Although I wouldn't say it was a bad game. They're still both great and alot better than the usual re-hashed rubbish you see around.

#3 Posted by Celldrax (14629 posts) -

I never could get into Fallout 3 as much as some others (I still enjoyed the game though). I've spent far more hours on any Elder Scrolls game.

I guess I just prefer the fantasy themes more than sci-fi. *shrug*

#4 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -
I haven't played any of the Fallout 3 dlc yet but I'm looking forward to it since I got the GOTY edition last wednesday, but I haven't even opened it yet because I'm busy playing Hearthfire at the moment haha. but New Vegas > FO:3 mainly because the characters are much more interesting, weapons and role play, but FO3 still had the best setting, i actually liked the metros
#5 Posted by Chris_53 (5119 posts) -
I liked Fallout 3, But I prefer the Elder Scrolls, particially Skyrim. I think I just prefer the setting of the elder scrolls games.
#6 Posted by Ballroompirate (23046 posts) -

I highly disagree

Skyrim > Failout 3

#7 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

I haven't played Fallout 3 but if it works thatn of course it's better than the broken Skyrim.

#8 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

I liked the sci-fi weapons and armor in Fallout 3 better, and the NPC's probably felt more like real people. But I played Skyrim for 200 hours and Fallout 3 for 100 hours, and enjoyed Skyrim more. There was just so much more interesting stuff to do. I'm not a big fan of the medieval fantasy thing with dragons and mages, and going through dungeon after dungeon after dungeon got a bit old, but it didn't really matter; I found it immersive and there was just sooooo much stuff to do. I loved the storylines as well - both of the main storylines as well as the four guild storylines.

And it plays pretty well now after all the patches - about like any other Bethesda game, no better no worse. I can't imagine why anybody buys Bethesda games at launch, I mean, how many broken games in a row do they need to put out before people get a clue?

#9 Posted by Planeforger (15797 posts) -
I'm tempted to say that Fallout 3 is better than Skyrim, but it's the worst Fallout game by a very wide margin (excluding the spin-offs like Fallout Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel), and it isn't better than Bethesda's Morrowind or Daggerfall.
#10 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -

I have to give this one to Fallout 3. It had more surprises and tense moments IMO.

#11 Posted by MasterBrief (54 posts) -

I love both games and New Vegas even though Fallout 3 and Vegas are buggier than hell. I'd have to say I favor Morrowind above all actually. Still one of the best games of all time.

#12 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18518 posts) -
Fallout world is a bit too barren and empty for the sake of an open world RPG, I much prefer TES countryside
#13 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Nah, in Skyrim you can do way more in the base game already. And some time into FO3 it starts to get boring just to "survive".

What I'd like to see though one day would be an open world RPG like these two in our day and age. Though it would be very challenging to come up with working concepts and ideas for it I assume, but hey, any game developers around here looking for a challenge? :D

#14 Posted by SoNin360 (5504 posts) -
I've enjoyed both games a lot. Skyrim has nice visuals and the combat doesn't feel as sloppy (though V.A.T.S can still be really cool) but I highly prefer Fallout 3's setting along with its atmosphere and probably even story/side quests more. While I've enjoyed both games in rather equal magnitude, I give the edge to Fallout 3 simply because it's pretty much my favorite game.
#15 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Fallout universe is much more appealing than Elder Scrolls imo. Medieval and sword-and-sorcery genres never catch my attention and I much prefer post-apocalyptic settings that Fallout has to offer.

#16 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22488 posts) -

New Vegas is better than both.

#17 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
I disagree. Fallout is a great game, but I find Skyrim to be a much better game.
#18 Posted by yummifullz (149 posts) -
I certainly don't agree. Your sig photo would explain where your feelings are coming from obviously...
#19 Posted by GamerZem (539 posts) -

I wasn't very impressed by Fallout 3, or the series as a whole.

Skyrim > Fallout 3

#20 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

Oranges > Apples

Skyrim > Fallout 3

#21 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

I never finished Fallout 3, as I thought it was boring walking through a world that all kind of looked the same (which makes sense in the context of the story). Then again, I'm more into fantasy than post-apocolyptic type settings for the most part. And having to rely on the targeting system in Fallout 3 was kind of boring, and I would have preferred if they had it all be real time and maybe do something like the percentages come up as you aim over that section of an enemy or just have no stats and make it be a leveling system where you get better accuracy as you level up and attribute points.

#22 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

it's the worst in the fallout series

#23 Posted by Allicrombie (25235 posts) -
I played the heck out of Fallout 3 and all of the expansions. I've played Skyrim considerably less than that, but am still enjoying it quite a bit, just exploring is fun by itself.
#24 Posted by strategyfn (336 posts) -

I haven't played Fallout 3. But I did like New Vegas better than Skyrim by a tiny amount. Skyrim seemed too easy on the default setting. I also liked the story, perks, and being able to use guns in New Vegas better than Skyrim. I liked Oblivion better than New Vegas.

#25 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Skyrim > Fallout3/Oblivion

Never played NV or earlier games in the TES or Fallout series.

#26 Posted by coasterguy65 (6025 posts) -

Fallout 3 bored the crap out of me, so no. For me Skyrim is way better than FO3.

Hell New Vegas is way better than FO3, and I'd take Skycrack over NV any day.

#27 Posted by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

Couldn't get around to liking Fallout 3, but I was quite fond of Fallout New Vegas. Skyrim was great and all, but the levelling and crafting systems are über bad.

#28 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
I'm tempted to say that Fallout 3 is better than Skyrim, but it's the worst Fallout game by a very wide margin (excluding the spin-offs like Fallout Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel), and it isn't better than Bethesda's Morrowind or Daggerfall.Planeforger
Fallout 3 was easily one of the worst things to bear the Fallout name, but Fallout Brotherhood of Steel is one of the worst things in general.

I never finished Fallout 3, as I thought it was boring walking through a world that all kind of looked the same (which makes sense in the context of the story).

Due more to restraints from the engine, console systems, and having to set the game in one of the more heavily bombed areas to give them an excuse to not have to make any interesting towns or locations. There was a lot more interesting locations in the other Fallout games and 3 was set year after the first two games leaving a lot of room for expansion if set in those areas or around any locations like them.

Skyrim was great and all, but the levelling and crafting systems are über bad.

While I like Skyrim a lot more than Fallout 3 I can't argue with that. Leveling and the poor way that magic is used pretty much breaks the game.
#29 Posted by Maroxad (8341 posts) -

Both Fallout 3 and Skyrim are terrible, but in different ways.

Fallout 3 is a complete and utter mockery of the fallout series.

Skyrim is a broken unbalanced piece of **** with repetitive landscapes, a terribly done crafting system that allows you obtain the best items long before the obnoxious level scaling would decide that you can obtain them, bland overworld, terrible combat, ect. Worst game of 2011 but a great example of how to NOT make a game.