Fallout 3 Glitches

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sydite (979 posts) -
This topic is about Fallout 3 glitches! (duh) But anyways, I opened this topic up so people can post about their person Fallout 3 glitches. (Truly sorry if someone already posted this [probably did], but I couldn't find one in the search forums tab.) So yeah, just have fun and post you personal funny/frustrating/annoying/helpful/hindering bugs/glitches you have encountered. Okay, so below is one of my favorite glitches i have encountered. So I was doing the unmarked quest "Searching for Cheryl". I was at the end with the behemoth part, so I fast traveled to JS Metro Station. Waddayaknow? The behemoth is sitting on top of the ledge overlooking the train right when I get there, I cripple it with my dart gun, it turns around, acknowledges my existence, ignores me, and then stares at a tree. So at this point I'm just like "WTF!?", and I start getting mad because it doesn't put up a fight. So i just blast its head off with a A3-21's Plasma Rifle. Then I go to the overturned train carts only to find another "WTF!?". I see Manny Koch running around in perfect health. Plus all the muties are dead and I didn't do it. Pretty weird.
#2 Posted by mlisen (3287 posts) -

In the mission where [spoiler] you can kill the slavers at the Lincoln memorial I had finished doing that and it said on the map to meet the slaves at some station, I went to the exact point on the map, but they weren't there, then every time I travelled anywhere, they would be at some random point on the map. Eventually I chased them down in the wasteland somewhere and they thought they were at the memorial. It was bizarre. [/spoiler]

#3 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16117 posts) -

As I approached the F Scott Key Trail & Camping Ground, I could see a deathclaw off in the distance. When I got a bit nearer, the deathclaw suddenly took off like a rocket, shooting up hundreds of feet into the air. It was pretty amusing.

It's still a great game, though, glitches or not.

#4 Posted by broken_bass_bin (7514 posts) -

i always laugh when i enter Megaton and Fawkes is behind me, and the AI seems to just get confused because he just runs around the entire town at ridiculous speeds whenever i move more than 5 feet forwards. happens every time.

#5 Posted by LGTX (858 posts) -

Sometimes when VATS is on and the enewmy is strafing their feet don't move :?

#6 Posted by warbut3 (9 posts) -
i was doing the last mission where librity prime was with me and i was going to kill the enclave and librity prime shot up in the air and just kept going. when he came down, he ran in the wrong direction and kept going. it was preety funny
#7 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

I found the glitches in Fallout 3 to be more tolerable than some of the glitches in Fallout New Vegas, although I still thoroughly enjoyed both games. There was one glitch in FNV where I would be attacked by giant scorpians every time I entered one particular house in one of the abandoned towns. The problem is, I was inside the house and the scorpians were outside attacking me through the walls. My shots wouldn't register from inside the house, so I had to run outside and kill the scorpians first before I could safely roam the interior of the house.

#8 Posted by lensflare15 (6186 posts) -

I like the glitch in little lamplight were you can keep winning a speech challenge over and over, made the trophy easy to get. Another one that I find funny is sometimes when a screen will load, bodies of people that I had killed before go flying through the air from left to right, lol.

#9 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

As I approached the F Scott Key Trail & Camping Ground, I could see a deathclaw off in the distance. When I got a bit nearer, the deathclaw suddenly took off like a rocket, shooting up hundreds of feet into the air. It was pretty amusing.

Dire_Weasel

I had a mammoth in Skyrim do that exact same thing lol.

#10 Posted by SoNin360 (5660 posts) -

Dire_Weasel
I definitely remember that happening, whether or not it was the same place I don't remember. Having played Fallout 3 and New Vegas for 200+ hours each, I've experienced many glitches, though most of them typical ones like bodies flying uncontrollably, texture glitches, and tons of other stuff not really worth mentioning.
#11 Posted by NiKva (8180 posts) -
The only F3 glitch I've ever experienced was major lag (PS3 version), but I got that fixed no problem.