FAKE GBA GAMES guide (how to stop the circulation)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

masterds64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 masterds64
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

I'm thinking of writing a guide on fake GBA games and how to spot them...

I have pics of some examples which while I can't upload here I can describe what i do know of these carts...

-different cart sticker quality (ie picture isn't right or different type is used ie materiel)

-chips is missing "nintendo logo" on it

-carts look a little rough around the edges

-game boy advance font varies to original

-carts may have odd seriel numbers or wrong product codes (agb-004 insted of 002)

And just asking for 3 things here from you people...

1.Any other advice to add (includes soft ware problems they may have-any and all will be taken into account)

2.Where the best place to put this topic(site suggestion/format)

3.and the most important of all...IF ANYONE WOULD CARE!

The reson why I thought of this is because of a few incidents (games from overseas, games that escaped detection at eb games, etc) and since I prefer the "retro" games I'm a regualar to places where they stock these up...

In other words, even though the system is outdated, I feel like doing it XD

linkinworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 linkinworm
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts
there are already guides in the internet, all you have to do is google, "fake gba games how to spot them" i dont think anyone would care aslong as they play, the only ones id be pissed about are the pokemon ones because of the cases not being red or blue or green.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
There's still plenty around but there's plenty of guides available also. If you feel like doing it then do it.
Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
I remember i got a fake Pokemon Leaf Green online, it said it was made by Nintondo, i never realized it was such an issue
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
I remember i got a fake Pokemon Leaf Green online, it said it was made by Nintondo, i never realized it was such an issueWaffle_Fish
Well it's certainly an issue for collectors, such as me.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
I don't think it's really necessary anymore since the GBA has moved on.
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts

Well, a friend of mine bought Pokemon Ruby off amazon.com and gave it to me for my birthday last year. However, when I tried to migrate Pokemon to my Pokemon Pearl file, the DS did not sense the Ruby cartridge. Then, my file got erased, and the cartridge lost the ability to keep a saved file.

My point is this. When I took a closer look at the cartridge, the label was blurry and not holographic like the official cartridges. So, I deduced that this was a pirated game. Today, I still think that this issue is a pretty big deal and that people should know how to avoid this.

masterds64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 masterds64
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

that is why I wanted to make one, i had a sapphire one and it erased it self, along with fusion...

and then there is a collecting issue...

oh well ,thanks for the advice ppl.

Wish game stores checked them correctly, i hate buying from game traders or eb and getting fakes!

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

there are already guides in the internet, all you have to do is google, "fake gba games how to spot them" i dont think anyone would care aslong as they play, the only ones id be pissed about are the pokemon ones because of the cases not being red or blue or green.linkinworm

People should care because pirated games are almost always poor quality. The batteries tend to die after a short period of time thus erasing your saves and preventing you from being able to save from there on out. And the cartridge shape may not be the exact size that it needs to be and end up pushing the pins in your system out of place thus destroying your system. Not to mention that pirated games are often sold as the geniune thing at a price made to match what the genuine articles usually go for, meaning that you get ripped off.