Extra Credits critiques Wasteland 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

So the writer for Extra Credits, James Portnow, does a segment on their YouTube channel called James Recommends. It's where he takes relatively unknown games that he's played and talks about what makes them interesting to play based on their unique take on certain genres and their design quirks. This week, he chose to recommend Wasteland 2, but with an added analysis/critique of its old-school design. Interesting to watch, as he recommends it with reservations, saying the game falls victim to a lot of the antiquated design choices found in many late 80s CRPGs.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I stop caring about Extra Credits when they try to claim that games are an art form.A mind set that I blame for some problems with games today.

I was looking at getting Wasteland 2 when it become a price point that is fitting for what they are selling.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Yeah I think I saw that one..... Imagine how smug I felt when James of all people said that about Wastleland 2 of all RPGs. :)

@wiouds

I wouldn't stop watching a good series because of thay but yeah... I also think that is part of the problem.