Exactly how hard was Devil May Cry?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

DMC was so good,with it's story,atmosphere,stages and all.

It was so good it could be a standalone game,with no sequels.

But,how difficult was it,really?

Was it one of the hardest games ever?

Like ppl say?

#2 Posted by TheKungFool (5384 posts) -

people say "Devil May Cry" is hard!?

clearly myself and those people have different concepts of "hard.
and clearly they never played battletoads, ikaruga, legacy of the wizard, silver surfer or demon's souls :lol:

#3 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

and clearly they never played battletoads, ikaruga, legacy of the wizard, silver surfer or demon's souls :lol:

TheKungFool

Out of those,i've played Ikaruga(GC ver.),Battletoads,and abit of Demon's Souls.

But mate,everybody knows DMC was hard...even the director intented it to be.

The thing is,how hard is it for you?

I remember playing the Platinum version,and being stuck in that...scizzors demon or w/e(and a few other bosses)

#4 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

DMC - somewhat hard

DMC2- average

DMC3- pretty damn hard at times

DMC3 SE- average

DMC4- average

#5 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

DMC - somewhat hard

DMC2- average

DMC3 SE- average

DMC4- average

Shenmue_Jehuty

:S

OMG,i meant the original game!!

Did you even READ my post?

#6 Posted by TheKungFool (5384 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

DMC - somewhat hard

DMC2- average

DMC3 SE- average

DMC4- average

GreekGameManiac

yes, he read your post, and he gave you an asnwer. he listed the other games for compasion sake.

and no, Devil May Cry is not hard whatsoever, flew through it in a single weekend.

jeebus, I've seriously got remind myself not to respond to your threads *facepalm*

#7 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

yes, he read your post, and he gave you an asnwer. he listed the other games for compasion sake.

and no, Devil May Cry is not hard whatsoever, flew through it in a single weekend.

jeebus, I've seriously got remind myself not to respond to your threads *facepalm*

TheKungFool

1.It was hard for most ppl,even veterans.

2.Is there a problem between us? you're acting like i'm an a-hole...

#8 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

DMC - somewhat hard

DMC2- average

DMC3 SE- average

DMC4- average

GreekGameManiac

Well you have info on all games in the series now. goodnight.

#9 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

DMC - somewhat hard

DMC2- average

DMC3 SE- average

DMC4- average

Shenmue_Jehuty

Well you have info on all games in the series now. goodnight.

Yeah,thanks.

Though DMC1 is abit harder than that.

#10 Posted by TheKungFool (5384 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

GreekGameManiac

1.It was hard for most ppl,even veterans.

2.Is there a problem between us? you're acting like i'm an a-hole...

1. what are you basing that on? Personally, I know significantly more people who found it short and easy than who would rate it as difficult.

2. well, you have a history of asking questions/starting topics, and then complaining about the answers you get. take Shenmue up there, he answered your question validly, and then rated the game amonst the others in the series, then you jump down his throat with all that "did you even read my post" nonsense. makes people not want to bother responding to your posts is all.

#11 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

1. what are you basing that on? Personally, I know significantly more people who found it short and easy than who would rate it as difficult.

2. well, you have a history of asking questions/starting topics, and then complaining about the answers you get. take Shenmue up there, he answered your question validly, and then rated the game amonst the others in the series, then you jump down his throat with all that "did you even read my post" nonsense. makes people not want to bother responding to your posts is all.

TheKungFool

Well i'm on the opposite side,apparently.:/

And no,you're magnifying things abit.

I don't complain,i reply,we all have our opinions.

I didn't "jump down his throat"

God,wtf?

>_> i quit,if u wanna think bs like that about my thread.

Then w/e.

#12 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

In the case of DMC3, the difficulty of it covered up the fact that wasn't actually a great game. You kept playing it because you wanted to beat it, not because it was anything special.

-

PS When writing topics, be specific in the title. 50% of posters on GS appear to read the title then post a reply, skipping the first post entirely. And "Devil May Cry" is a franchise with several games in it, if you meant just DMC1 then you'd have put Devil May Cry 1 in the title. ;)

#13 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Could not get past the Spider boss. Gave up and sold the game.
#14 Posted by Megavideogamer (5441 posts) -

It is in the hard enough to get the the final level and die. Then give up after 40 attempts to finish the last level.

#15 Posted by Allicrombie (25240 posts) -
I had DMC, I don't recall it being hard at all.
#16 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8041 posts) -
The game can be challenging sure, but not near one of the hardest games ever.
#17 Posted by Seabas989 (10415 posts) -

Once you got the hang of it it was not difficult.

#18 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

TheKungFool

Out of those games you list I've only played Battletoads, Ikaruga, and Silver Surfer and Demon's Souls.

I still think Devil May Cry is hard, in fact, I've been able to beat these games (With the exception of Demon's Souls because I don't have a PS3 so I could not play it at my own leisure) and I have not beat DMC1, I pretty much quit playing the game and I remember having such a hard time being the first boss.

I just can't play a game where 1 button does a bunch of different things in combat depending on whether you hold it, button bash it or press it at different intervals, and I just suck at the combat generally.

It upsets me because I love the game, but I will not play on Easy Automatic.

#19 Posted by LookAnDrolL (2483 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

NirdBerd

Out of those games you list I've only played Battletoads, Ikaruga, and Silver Surfer and Demon's Souls.

I still think Devil May Cry is hard, in fact, I've been able to beat these games (With the exception of Demon's Souls because I don't have a PS3 so I could not play it at my own leisure) and I have not beat DMC1, I pretty much quit playing the game and I remember having such a hard time being the first boss.

I just can't play a game where 1 button does a bunch of different things in combat depending on whether you hold it, button bash it or press it at different intervals, and I just suck at the combat generally.

It upsets me because I love the game, but I will not play on Easy Automatic.

Hard compared to what, Resi six? Sure Original DMC was what I like to call, classic difficulty, meaning, difficult for this gaming era
#20 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

It had a couple hard moments like the spider boss and final boss, other than that it wasn't too hard but not too easy. Devil May Cry 3, on the other hand, had way more challenging moments. Both great games though.