Ever got upset over a game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazychris90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 crazychris90
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

Well today, games are as complex as films, whether its storylines or CGI's: modern day games are very structured. Games used to be played for just pure gameplay, remember space invaders? No-body really cared at what it looked like or what it was about, they played it for the fact of its gameplay. But now it's entirely changed. Especially in RPG's. People search for more than its Gameplay.

Graphics are more focused on than previous years, soundtracks are, and even what I want to talk about are just about one of the main focuses: Storyline. Storylines date back to lets say the 16-bit era; Final Fantasies, Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, they aren't spectacular but thats when the topic kicked in. Nowadayseverything is so advanced! You have the Graphics engines, orchestras playing music just for a scene, Famous book/movie writers planning scripts, its all unbelievable on how far they take it.

Anyways, more on the topic. Ever got upset on a game? Some of you may think I'm bonkers, some may understand where I'm going here. Whether it's a hard stressful boss that makes you go insane and burst into tears, or such a touching story, there has to be a time where you got to the point of being upset. Think I'm an idiot read on.

I have had a fair few moments on games in my younger years where its made me emotional, bosses that really p*** me off, and stories that end up sad, they really got me upset.

Final Fantasy VII is one of the most obvious games that made me upset. For one when I completed after a staggering 100 hours of playing (yes 100 hours, not a typo), I was amazed at completing it. Two, that the story was so epic and the music on the credits was so, how can I explain, brilliantly in a sad way? Anyway, Final Fantasy VII is just aphenominal game even for it being over 10 years old, its not aging.

So the question is, have you ever got upset over a game?

dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
no, never got upset
fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts
Call of Duty 4 (2 days ago) - Mile High Club Achevement - Beating the last mission on veteran. I was liturally taunting the Television and tapping it. But I dont have that problem now I beat the level than a day afterwards, my 360 red ringed... and no, I didn't hit my 360 if any of you are thinking that. In retrospect I dhouldnt be getting that agnry, and should seek medical attention :shock:
Jawsh12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jawsh12
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
I have thrown many controllers due to sports games
duckykay2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 duckykay2
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
I was pretty ticked off last night when I thought auto save had saved my progress in Mass Effect then I ended up dying only to find out that it hadn't.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
videogames are games and therefore there is emotion included when you play it. I typically get upset when I can't get past one part of a game after multiple tries.
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts
Most recent game I got upset over was Viva Pinata, couldn't believe how stupid I was to buy it.
tboacons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tboacons
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
tekken use to make me extremely mad but most recently i played and beat star fox 64 and was disapointedwith the ending. so much that i wish i would of spent that time doing something constructive.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Hell yes I've gotten upset.I've broken over a dozen controllers in my gaming life out of pure disgust.

Most recently, I threw my controller against the wall after while playing the last 2 hours of Assassin's Creed, which was repititious garbage. I think I was so angry because I absolutely loved the game up until that point, and I died literally 20 times in the last 2 hours of the game, playing the same gameplay sequence over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and.... you get the point.

rak1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 rak1989
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Got very upset over F-Zero Gx it was fun at first then it was super hard
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
Sure I get frustrated while playing games; who doesnt? Making games difficult/frustrating is easy, but making them emotionally moving isn't. The only two games I've teared up on were MGS3 and FFX. I related to MGS3 in a lot of ways, and FFX's story got to me along with the fantastic ending music. I'm a dork, I know lol.
StratosP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StratosP
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Call of Duty 4 (Veteran) It's hard at that big computer area. It's just before you enter the News Station Recording room to kill that middle eastern guy. I also use to get angry/upset over WoW.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I have been upset over games before, not in sadness. But mostly in frustration, and anger.
crazychris90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 crazychris90
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

Call of Duty 4 (Veteran) It's hard at that big computer area. It's just before you enter the News Station Recording room to kill that middle eastern guy. I also use to get angry/upset over WoW.StratosP

Yeah i've heard a lot about Call of Duty's difficulties. WoW, well, its like a second life I suppose.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I was rather angry when I saved over my superstar in madden by accident. And any other game where i accidently save over previous files.