Ever get a headache or feel dissy while playing videogames????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnalogOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 0

#1 AnalogOdyssey
Member since 2007 • 746 Posts
Does that ever happen to you??? It happens to me if I play it for hours straight...........
Younggun135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Younggun135
Member since 2006 • 1853 Posts
yes its happends to me
BeeefIsGoood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BeeefIsGoood
Member since 2007 • 1418 Posts
yeah it does, especially if im tired
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
It happens usually when you play too much games. You sit there for too long and your body is telling you to take a break.
Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts
I rarely get headaches but I feel dizzy quite often. It's pretty annoying and I eventually feel like I'm gonna throw up if I carry on playing for too long so I don't play games as much as I used to (I never used to have this problem). The only thing that seems to get rid of the dizzyness is to walk my dog or take a nap.
oneandonlyjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oneandonlyjc
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts
I don't get alot of headaches but when I play Need For Speed Most Wanted I close my mouth reallytight. So tight that my teeth start hurting. I have no clue why this happens it has something to do with the speed of the cars. One time I played Dragon Ball ZLegacy Of Goku for SIX hours andwhen i went to bed i couldnt sleep because all the went through my head was Goku walking around and when I went to sleep all I dreamnt about was goku walking around really fast. It might sound stupid but I was scarred
theironmanmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 theironmanmatt
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
I get headaches when I stop playing video games after I've been playing for several days straight.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
Sometimes
Mooch174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mooch174
Member since 2004 • 556 Posts
I think there's some information about that in the front of EVERY GAME MANUAL...you should check it out...
KineticShampoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KineticShampoo
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The only time I got a headache was when I played a mission in GTA SA.

I had to burn down some MJ fields, and the effects the game showed made me feel SICK AS ****.

I never tried to complete that mission again. My bro always did it for me.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

It happens frequently for me whenever I play games with camera going all over the place.

That would be every single first person shooter out there, most of the tomb raider games and many other third person action/adventure games etc.

Avatar image for LIKETOPLAYGAMES
LIKETOPLAYGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 LIKETOPLAYGAMES
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

If I play guitar hero for a few hours and I suddenly stop and look away it looks like everything else is moving it's pretty cool, the first time it happened i thought i was trippin. I don't know if it's because I play on a HUGE plasma or what...Does anyone else have that happen to them ???

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Depends on what kind of game. It happens if I sit too close to the tv playing a GTA game.

And sometimes playing a FPS. The reason this happens is because your brain thinks your body is moving, but actually you are not.

Funky_Frizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Funky_Frizzle
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
I've never had that happen to me, weird.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MKHavoc
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts
That's never happened to me, if it happens to you, you should probably take abreak.
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
The last time that happened was when I was playing Wii Sports over Christmas break. I played that game hours upon hours on end. Not only did I get a headache but also something totally new to gamers, muscle sores and cramps.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Very rarely. Old school Doom and the first Turok game made me motion sick because their hands bobbed up-and-down and back-and-forth like crazy. Call of Cthulhu uses a ton of blur effects to give off the illusion that your character is being traumatized and going crazy. After about 30 minutes of CoC I get motion sick too.
Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts
I only get headaches or feel dissy when playing a video game if im sitting to close to the television. Which isnt surprising, as my TV is SD.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

If I play guitar hero for a few hours and I suddenly stop and look away it looks like everything else is moving it's pretty cool, the first time it happened i thought i was trippin. I don't know if it's because I play on a HUGE plasma or what...Does anyone else have that happen to them ???

LIKETOPLAYGAMES

I think that happens to everyone. It is because the notes are moving down and that is all you are staring at.

stevencompton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 stevencompton
Member since 2003 • 1461 Posts

Yeah! I was playing Suikoden V for just over an hour, when the post came through the door, I quickly got up to get the post and I went really dissy, so I lent up against the door, but then collapsed and wacked my head on the floor (I fainted)! It was the first time I'd ever fainted, and I haven't since. But I do get dissy occasionally, mostly when playing JRPGs, probably partly due to them being relaxing. I think it may be Orthostatic Hypotension, from low blood pressure when resting. But I can't remember it ever happening to me after watching TV, just JRPGs :lol: .

I very rarely get headaches though.

DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
Only once in my life when I played Sonic 3 on the Genesis, the 3D parts made me really dizzy.