Even with many remakes already released, there are some series' I'd like to see remastered for the X1/PS4 gen. How about you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Even with many remakes already released, there are some series' I'd like to see remastered for the X1/PS4 gen. How about you? (18 votes)

Yes, I have a few more games/series' I'd like to see brought to the new consoles. 78%
No, enough with the old games. I want new experiences! 22%

While I have read and understand those who have complained about too many remade games, especially considering remakes that are recent very releases, I'd still like to see some companies work on remastering a few series' for the new gen consoles. Personally, I think a lot of people would like a remastered compilation of
the Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series, the Gears of War games, etc. Do you have any games or series that you'd like to see remade with better mechanics, graphics, and AI? Or, are you finished with most games you've already played?

• 
Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#1 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

I am for a remake but remasters/"definitive" editions are getting super-old. A game that has just a bumped up resolution or higher res textures and a few lighting effects is a remaster where as a game that gets completely redone on a new engine (while keeping a lot of the same/original game elements such as level-design, story, etc.) could be considered a remake.

Let's see a remake of Skyrim using elements that make the PC high-def mods looks so amazing. I guess a remaster of Batman Akrham games or Uncharted would be ok, but seriously people let's stop "remastering" games and just make new ones.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I don't mind remakes/remasters, because they give the people that missed out on those games the first time around a chance to play them. For me, I'd really love to see a Panzer Dragoon collection, be them upscaled or built from the ground up. Just being able to play all 4 games, especially Saga, on one disc would be amazing.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'm down for a remastering of another old game. But at the same time, I'm ready for all the new games coming out.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

i've got mixed feelings about this. on one hand i think there could be real potential remaking some old (really old) games. games that would need completely rewriting and rethinking, not just upscaling the resolution and sprinkling on a little visual sugar. there are games from two decades ago and before with some awesome premises and ideas that are just begging to be given a new lease of life.

on the other hand i think no, it's a slippery slope - once one publisher does one that sells well, they'll all be at it. makes me think of the music industry churning out endless covers and remixes to make a quick buck at the expense of originality and innovation. maybe it'd be better for the future of the industry if publishers left the classics in the past and started making the classic games of this gen. these last few years haven't exactly produced many.

so i guess my answer is yes to remade games, no to remastered ones

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Remake series tend to be good for having a larger library, but the actual demographic is not that high.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I said yes, but as long as the game is graphically remastered/remade and the gameplay is fine tuned. Metro Redux does a fine example of that.

I would like to see a Onimusha collection remake with ps4/One graphics and fine tuned gameplay. Would be great.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
@ristactionjakso said:

I said yes, but as long as the game is graphically remastered/remade and the gameplay is fine tuned. Metro Redux does a fine example of that.

I would like to see a Onimusha collection remake with ps4/One graphics and fine tuned gameplay. Would be great.

Metro Redux is a good example. So are collections like the Ratchet and Clank / God of War / Halo ones cause they were from the generation before. But releasing Beyond and The Last of Us a year later with hardly any differences is just stupid.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'd love for some remasters/remakes from games like Kotor (series), Legacy of Kain (series), The Getaway and Jade Empire.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Demon souls.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'd love to have a Mass Effect pack, containing all games and all DLC on one disc (like MCC) for next gen consoles. That'd be epic!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I don't mind remakes or reboots. Especially when it's of a game that I never beat the first time around. I didn't mind picking up the Metro Redux because I never beat the original games. A modern remake of Planscape is something that I doubt anyone would complain about.

-Byshop

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

yes . I would like to see a full Mass effect pack for next gen consoles with all the DLCs and stuff . something like Halo's Masterchief collection .

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

Thanks for the responses everyone. Also, I apologize for not separating remake from remaster as it made the poll less functional. Happy gaming! :)

forkandplate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 forkandplate
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Resident evil 2 and 3. Devilmaycry 1.