EGM's latest Rumor: God of War 3, Gears of War 2, Skies of Arcadia sequel in 08'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163790

Another month, another batch of rumors from EGM's Quatermann.

You know, even though Sony hasn't announced God of War 3, it's coming. In fact, it was already sort of announced. Anyway, the folks at SCEA Santa Monica are already hard at work at preparing Kratos' debut on PlayStation 3, which should arrive during the next holiday season, joined by a little something called Gears of War 2, as well. Oooh.

Epic Games and Microsoft haven't confirmed Gears of War 2 either, but the game's stellar sales (not to mention the cliffhanger ending) is confirmation enough.

A little out of left field, however, is news of Sega reviving Skies of Arcadia. The sky pirate RPG was criminally overlooked, despite releases on both Dreamcast and GameCube, but apparently Sega been quietly preparing a sequel to the swashbuckling adventure.

The latest issue of EGM, featuring Ninja Gaiden 2 on the cover, arrives in subscriber hands this week.

God/Gears of Wars sequels are no surprises but a Skies of Arcadia sequel looks good if it's true. Let's just hope it's not a port of the old gameto the Wii.

GC4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GC4ever
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
that is the point of rumors
build up hype for games that are not even coming out yet
i would say these game won't even com out for another two or three years
THESE GAMES JUST CAME OUT!!!
i wouldn't trust what EGM has to say anyways
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts
I hope God Of War isn't too repeative again and the director is NOT that idiot David Jaffe again. I'll get it if it does that. Anyway, Gears Of War 2 next year?! WAAHHOOOOO!!!! Even though they have no real proof, I'll force myself to believe it. lol
JGonspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JGonspy
Member since 2003 • 581 Posts
While I've heard the Skies talk many times before, I still haven't stopped hoping it to be true, no matter how far fetched. I really enjoyed the first one and if they can recapture even a little bit of that magic in a sequel then I'll be thrilled to play it.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
I'd like it if the Skies thing is true, but honestly, it won't be a port/remake. They already did a "Director's Cut" as Skies of Arcadia Legends, so it would be rather redundant to do it again.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I'd like to see Skies of Arcadia on the DS. I think that'd be kind of cool.

But if Skies of Arcadia does happen, I hope they redo that horrible battle-system. It was slow and tedious and I hated it so much that I just gave up during the middle of the game.

A random battle every 5 seconds when I travel on my airship fighting one-hit-kill enemies that lasted too long. I couldn't take it anymore.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Rumors about God of War 3 and Gears of War 2 in 2008 are unsurprising since the prequels of both were creative and commercial successes.

The Skies of Arcadia rumor is very surprising though. Given that Skies suffered from a lacklusterbattle system, too many random encounters (even on the GC) and a generic plot and characters I don't see why Sega would bother releasing another game. From a commercial perspective, it had two bites at the apple and failed both times. Sega should release an original, better thought out rpg.

If they are dead set on bringing back an old franchise, why not make a second Panzer Dragoon rpg? Many of us didn't get to play the first one since Sega released only three copies in North America, but by most accounts it was really great stuff.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

It would be great if there was a sequel to Skies of Arcadia. I played a little bit on the Gamecube and really enjoyed it.Out of these 3 rumors this one is probably the one that I'm crossing my fingers for. Don't ge me wrong....I love God of War and Gears of War, but to be honest we all know that sequels to those games are GOING to happen.