Easy gaming achievments

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i would have added the Walking Dead games and Aabs Animals. Those have pretty easy trophies. Anyone know any REALLY easy trophies that it's almost pointless?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I was under the impression Trophies were already pointless. Whether you finnish the walking dead or Demon Souls.....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I was under the impression Trophies were already pointless. Whether you finnish the walking dead or Demon Souls.....

Well it's harder in Demon Souls to be honest

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Its definately quite the accomplishment but the trophy that comes along with it is the pointless part.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Its definately quite the accomplishment but the trophy that comes along with it is the pointless part.

Well the point of this was just to post some easy achievments

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Damn you're such a tease.... :(

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts
Loading Video...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride

@starwolf474: yeah that was mentioned in the video

iTrueColors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9 iTrueColors
Member since 2014 • 52 Posts

The game King Kong and an Avatar: the last airbender game both give 1000 gamerscore for simply beating the game (King Kong) and the tutorial (Avatar)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

The Stanley Parable gave you an achievement for clicking on a door five times. Yep, very easy. No catches at all.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@Planeforger said:

The Stanley Parable gave you an achievement for clicking on a door five times. Yep, very easy. No catches at all.

Walking Dead is a pretty easy plat tbh

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

I believe they trigger a simple psychological effect. Achievements give you goals and when you complete a goal it confirms that, enhancing the feeling you've done something useful. It takes away some of the self-praise you otherwise have to do all by yourself. It's like getting a sticker for good writing in primary school. It's a small, lasting sign of accomplishment. It could be that you are completely self-sufficient in experiencing that kind of satisfaction, it could be that you desire other forms of satisfaction or it could be that you are incapable of experiencing such satisfaction. Either way, I wouldn't say they are pointless. Otherwise they wouldn't be there.

@itruecolors said:

The game King Kong and an Avatar: the last airbender game both give 1000 gamerscore for simply beating the game (King Kong) and the tutorial (Avatar)

Hey, beating a game seems to be something a lot people struggle with these days... ;-)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@loafofgame

Now that was very Stimulating ! :D

You're right, lets dig deeper, what type of effect do think Achievenents have if you don't know there is one untill you accomplish it, like Secret/Surprize Achievements ? Are people more likely to work harder if they know about the Achievements Before hand ?

My theory is Secret Achievements yield much more satisfaction, they are also not as Manipulative, and Normal Achievements are good at providing incentive but it can lead to certain issues associated with a reward based structure.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loafofgame
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Now that was very Stimulating ! :D

You're right, lets dig deeper, what type of effect do think Achievenents have if you don't know there is one untill you accomplish it, like Secret/Surprize Achievements ? Are people more likely to work harder if they know about the Achievements Before hand ?

I don't know. I'm just making basic assumptions here. All I'm saying is that they're not pointless. At least not in general. But well, if you don't know about achievements beforehand, you're not really working for them. Unless you expect them to be there somewhere, in which case the effort is pretty similar (although that might lead to the disappointment that you don't get your sticker where you expected one). A secret achievement (if you haven't looked it up on the internet already) might have the benefit that the immediate sense of accomplishment is stronger, because it's something you discovered all by yourself (and in that sense it's a bigger achievement). On the other hand, if you know the achievement beforehand you can derive satisfaction from the process leading up to achieving the goal and still get the confirmation at the end. But hey, I'm no expert. It probably depends on personal preference. Do you like to explore the game yourself and get a reward for what you find on the way? Or do you like to be given certain explicit tasks and get a reward for completing them?

@Lulu_Lulu said:

My theory is Secret Achievements yield much more satisfaction, they are also not as Manipulative, and Normal Achievements are good at providing incentive but it can lead to certain issues associated with a reward based structure.

That's personal. I chase the achievements I like chasing, so I don't experience them as manipulative; I don't have an urge to get them all. I just like that they sometimes prolong my gameplay time and give me extra confirmation for a job well done. It's a very basic sense of accomplishment. Besides, I don't look at the achievements before my first playthrough, so in that sense they're all hidden. If other people aren't disciplined enough not to look at them, then that isn't my problem. ;-) I look at them afterwards and see if they suggest other types of play and maybe hint at stuff I've missed. So I like both hidden and explicit achievements.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@loafofgame

Well Personaly, I just like playing tthe game. Kinda the same way I like watching a movie or listening to music. I don't do it to achieve some sort of goal or accomplishment. Its the journey that matters not the destination. Problem is sometimes the Destination can cloud experiencing the journey.

I like they way you do achievements.... I also don't check on them until I complete the game. lately I've been ignoring them entirely, hoping to build up an immunity to them.... That way I can just play for fun. If theres one place achievements definately don't belong its Narrative based games.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 loafofgame
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well Personaly, I just like playing tthe game. Kinda the same way I like watching a movie or listening to music. I don't do it to achieve some sort of goal or accomplishment. Its the journey that matters not the destination. Problem is sometimes the Destination can cloud experiencing the journey.

I like they way you do achievements.... I also don't check on them until I complete the game. lately I've been ignoring them entirely, hoping to build up an immunity to them.... That way I can just play for fun. If theres one place achievements definately don't belong its Narrative based games.

I can understand that. I couldn't care less about achievements in games like The Walking Dead, for example. If you want to have a narrative focused experience achievements can be distracting and even annoying, because such an experience isn't supposed to be a challenge or a task. Many games have enough narrative elements to make them a worthy experience that isn't focused on actually playing the game, but rather experiencing it. That experience is rewarding and satisfying in itself, so there's no need to reinforce a sense of accomplishment or progress through achievements. Although I guess that at this point people also experience some narrative related achievements as a form of closure.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@loafofgame

End Credits make for better closure ;).

I just wish Developers would use these things much more ethically...... Its so easy to abuse, one might say its bad through and through.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 loafofgame
@Lulu_Lulu said:

End Credits make for better closure ;).

I just wish Developers would use these things much more ethically...... Its so easy to abuse, one might say its bad through and through.

One might say many things. One might say: that which harms the weak is not bad, for the weak are irrelevant... ;-P

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@loafofgame

Juan really said that ? :o

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

The Walking Dead.. easiest platinum of all time.. for some reason season 2 doesnt have a platinum even though season 1 and The Wolf Among us both do

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Terminator Salvation nets you 900 points just for beating it on normal.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 loafofgame
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@loafofgame

Juan really said that ? :o

Who?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@loafofgame

LOL... It was a failed attempt at a joke. One = Juan. :p

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#24 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Dozens and dozens of easy platinums out there. There are many trophies in general that require little to no effort, you basically just have to play. I don't purposely hunt out games with really easy trophies anymore, not that it was something I did a lot, just a few occasions.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@SoNin360 said:

Dozens and dozens of easy platinums out there. There are many trophies in general that require little to no effort, you basically just have to play. I don't purposely hunt out games with really easy trophies anymore, not that it was something I did a lot, just a few occasions.

Walking Dead is an easy plat

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I remember there being a Simpson game where you just press start on the main menu that net you an achievement.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Though I never 100% the game, I remember Skyrim's list of achievements was pretty darn easy if you put the effort and time into it.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@behardy24 said:

Though I never 100% the game, I remember Skyrim's list of achievements was pretty darn easy if you put the effort and time into it.

That speaks for most games, really. In my experience, most games have fairly do-able trophies that you just have to a little time or effort in going out of your way to get. That's not to say there aren't genuinely difficult games out there.

@The_Last_Ride said:

Walking Dead is an easy plat

Yeah, it's the easiest and most straightforward list I've seen. And as I've said, there are several other easy games out there. You can look at this list on playstationtrophies.org that lists all games (on PS3) in order of their platinum difficulty based off of user ratings. TWD isn't even #1.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride

@SoNin360: don't forget Hannah Montana