Easiest and Hardest Mega Man Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
Mega Man isn't known for being the easiest games out there. It takes some skill and memorization with the game to truly master them. There are a few that seem to be a bit easier than others, and a few more that up the difficulty even more. And with all the Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man Xtreme, and other Mega Man spinoffs, there are A LOT of Mega Man games out there. Which Mega Man game do you think was the hardest one, and the easiest one? For me I'd say Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 5, both for NES, are the easiest in the series. I can breeze through those games. Oh, and Mega Man Legends is pretty easy, too. But I don't really think of that as part of the actual Mega Man or Mega Man X series. As for the hardest, Mega Man 9 for the online networks. I haven't played 10 yet, but 9 is just beats you down. Even the robot's weaknesses aren't as easy to use as in other Mega Mans. It's a brutal game, IMO.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I found the Mega Man Zero games pretty challenging. For the easiest...I'd say Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X. Neither one was really a challenge.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I found the Mega Man Zero games pretty challenging. For the easiest...I'd say Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X. Neither one was really a challenge.

Legendaryscmt
Wow, I found Mega Man 3 to be one of the hardest ones. Not only do you have to beat the normal 8 bosses. But then you have to fight all the robot masters from the previous games. And 2 at time per level after the first 8 robot masters. Then you still have to go through Wily's Castle. That's a tough task, IMO.
MisterEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MisterEditor
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts
Mega Man 3 was super hard. Though none of them are really easy.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
megaman 4-6 were easier then 1-3 imo
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
Mega Man X was probably the easiest I have played and 3 would be the hardest, I could never defeat the every incantation of Dr. Wily at the end of the game. This was just a 2 day rental mind you, but I could usually finish NES games in that time.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Emerald_Warrior

Wow, I found Mega Man 3 to be one of the hardest ones. Not only do you have to beat the normal 8 bosses. But then you have to fight all the robot masters from the previous games. And 2 at time per level after the first 8 robot masters. Then you still have to go through Wily's Castle. That's a tough task, IMO.

I never had a problem with it. But then again, I've been playing Mega Man games since I was 4 and 5. :lol: If you want hard though, look up Rockman No Constancy on youtube and watch the Wily stages. Nothing I've ever seen in MM comes close to how hard those levels look.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Easiest Megaman? dont know

Hardest Megaman? All of them are hard enough that I die over and over again, then cuss at game, and then rarely play.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

Easiest Megaman? dont know

Hardest Megaman? All of them are hard enough that I die over and over again, then cuss at game, and then rarely play.

Talldude80

Same here, I would always get so fedup with the megaman games. I would have to agree with all of them!

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

mega man X4 is the easiest for me, but i've also played it a lot more than the others cause it's my favorite mega man game of all time

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

IMO people generally find the ones they spend the most time with easiest and the ones they spend the least the hardest. The ones I've played the most I could finish blind folded but the ones I haven't played most of my life are very hard. In general I think the truth is the series is very hard the older it gets and the only exception to that is the Zero series which only got easier.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

2 and 1 are the easiest for me. Though Ice Man's vanishing blocks are ass.

Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

Sticking to the original series (my favorite btw), I'd say the easiest is Mega Man V. I can seriously just blow through that game, and although I still love it, it's pretty easy to beat. The hardest imo is Mega Man I. I haven't played too much of it, but from what I've experienced, it's really hard.........On a side-note, Mega Man 9 (PS3) is brutally hard, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Original series:

easiest: 4-6, and 7 excluding the last boss, hardest: Megaman 10

X series:

easiest: X1, hardest: X6

Zero series:

Depends whether I care about rank or not.

ZX series:

Advent is harder than ZX1...I think, haven't played either in a while.

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#15 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
I thought Mega Man 2, 6 and 8 were the easiest. As for the hardest, I'd have to go with 1 and 9.
sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I don't care who you are, or what you say...easy megaman games is a contradiction in terms.

zobbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zobbas
Member since 2008 • 119 Posts

Mega Man 2 was easy, I don't care how many songs are written about it. I know I'll get flamed for playing them let alone claiming that they are hard, but 2 and 3 in the Battle Network series were hard. Gotta beat Bass THEN Alpha all in one set of health.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I don't care who you are, or what you say...easy megaman games is a contradiction in terms.

sayyy-gaa

They aren't so hard once you've played many of them alot like me. :P

Papitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Papitar
Member since 2008 • 2377 Posts

Megaman 8 had easy bosses.

Megaman 3 had some hard ones i think.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

megaman 1 was the only hard one imo. the rest b/c they had a password system weren't too terribly tough. i haven't beaten 9 yet but i just chalk that up to having not played enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

The hardest ones for me were the X-Series games on the GBA, but I think a lot of that had to do with the sprites being bigger or the amount you can see being far less than on the console games.