Easiest and Hardest Mega Man Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -
Mega Man isn't known for being the easiest games out there. It takes some skill and memorization with the game to truly master them. There are a few that seem to be a bit easier than others, and a few more that up the difficulty even more. And with all the Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man Xtreme, and other Mega Man spinoffs, there are A LOT of Mega Man games out there. Which Mega Man game do you think was the hardest one, and the easiest one? For me I'd say Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 5, both for NES, are the easiest in the series. I can breeze through those games. Oh, and Mega Man Legends is pretty easy, too. But I don't really think of that as part of the actual Mega Man or Mega Man X series. As for the hardest, Mega Man 9 for the online networks. I haven't played 10 yet, but 9 is just beats you down. Even the robot's weaknesses aren't as easy to use as in other Mega Mans. It's a brutal game, IMO.
#2 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

I found the Mega Man Zero games pretty challenging. For the easiest...I'd say Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X. Neither one was really a challenge.

#3 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

I found the Mega Man Zero games pretty challenging. For the easiest...I'd say Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X. Neither one was really a challenge.

Legendaryscmt
Wow, I found Mega Man 3 to be one of the hardest ones. Not only do you have to beat the normal 8 bosses. But then you have to fight all the robot masters from the previous games. And 2 at time per level after the first 8 robot masters. Then you still have to go through Wily's Castle. That's a tough task, IMO.
#4 Posted by MisterEditor (185 posts) -
Mega Man 3 was super hard. Though none of them are really easy.
#5 Posted by ohthemanatee (8104 posts) -
megaman 4-6 were easier then 1-3 imo
#6 Posted by Second_Rook (3680 posts) -
Mega Man X was probably the easiest I have played and 3 would be the hardest, I could never defeat the every incantation of Dr. Wily at the end of the game. This was just a 2 day rental mind you, but I could usually finish NES games in that time.
#7 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Emerald_Warrior

Wow, I found Mega Man 3 to be one of the hardest ones. Not only do you have to beat the normal 8 bosses. But then you have to fight all the robot masters from the previous games. And 2 at time per level after the first 8 robot masters. Then you still have to go through Wily's Castle. That's a tough task, IMO.

I never had a problem with it. But then again, I've been playing Mega Man games since I was 4 and 5. :lol: If you want hard though, look up Rockman No Constancy on youtube and watch the Wily stages. Nothing I've ever seen in MM comes close to how hard those levels look.

#8 Posted by Talldude80 (6321 posts) -

Easiest Megaman? dont know

Hardest Megaman? All of them are hard enough that I die over and over again, then cuss at game, and then rarely play.

#9 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

Easiest Megaman? dont know

Hardest Megaman? All of them are hard enough that I die over and over again, then cuss at game, and then rarely play.

Talldude80

Same here, I would always get so fedup with the megaman games. I would have to agree with all of them!

#10 Posted by littlestreakier (2912 posts) -

mega man X4 is the easiest for me, but i've also played it a lot more than the others cause it's my favorite mega man game of all time

#11 Posted by dovberg (3348 posts) -

IMO people generally find the ones they spend the most time with easiest and the ones they spend the least the hardest. The ones I've played the most I could finish blind folded but the ones I haven't played most of my life are very hard. In general I think the truth is the series is very hard the older it gets and the only exception to that is the Zero series which only got easier.

#12 Posted by Fusionmix (1656 posts) -

2 and 1 are the easiest for me. Though Ice Man's vanishing blocks are ass.

#13 Posted by JannettyTRocker (1160 posts) -

Sticking to the original series (my favorite btw), I'd say the easiest is Mega Man V. I can seriously just blow through that game, and although I still love it, it's pretty easy to beat. The hardest imo is Mega Man I. I haven't played too much of it, but from what I've experienced, it's really hard.........On a side-note, Mega Man 9 (PS3) is brutally hard, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

#14 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

Original series:

easiest: 4-6, and 7 excluding the last boss, hardest: Megaman 10

X series:

easiest: X1, hardest: X6

Zero series:

Depends whether I care about rank or not.

ZX series:

Advent is harder than ZX1...I think, haven't played either in a while.

#15 Posted by aryoshi (1728 posts) -
I thought Mega Man 2, 6 and 8 were the easiest. As for the hardest, I'd have to go with 1 and 9.
#16 Posted by sayyy-gaa (4338 posts) -

I don't care who you are, or what you say...easy megaman games is a contradiction in terms.

#17 Posted by zobbas (119 posts) -

Mega Man 2 was easy, I don't care how many songs are written about it. I know I'll get flamed for playing them let alone claiming that they are hard, but 2 and 3 in the Battle Network series were hard. Gotta beat Bass THEN Alpha all in one set of health.

#18 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

I don't care who you are, or what you say...easy megaman games is a contradiction in terms.

sayyy-gaa

They aren't so hard once you've played many of them alot like me. :P

#19 Posted by Papitar (2377 posts) -

Megaman 8 had easy bosses.

Megaman 3 had some hard ones i think.

#20 Posted by z4twenny (4898 posts) -

megaman 1 was the only hard one imo. the rest b/c they had a password system weren't too terribly tough. i haven't beaten 9 yet but i just chalk that up to having not played enough.

#21 Posted by Heirren (16873 posts) -

The hardest ones for me were the X-Series games on the GBA, but I think a lot of that had to do with the sprites being bigger or the amount you can see being far less than on the console games.