EA has no games in development for the Wii U.

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

Source(I hate linking to Kotaku.)

Less than two years after vowing to deliver on an "unprecedented partnership" with Nintendo, gaming giant EA is quiet on the Wii U front.

"We have no games in development for the Wii U currently," company spokesperson Jeff Brown told Kotaku yesterday. He did not rule out the chances of EA developing for the Wii U again. EA publishes many of gaming's biggest franchises, including Madden, The Sims, and Battlefield.

In June 2011, at the biggest gaming event of the yearE3Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata closed his presentation of his company's biggest games and then-forthcoming Wii U console by welcoming then-CEO of EA John Riccitiello to the stage. "What Nintendo's new console delivers speaks directly to the players of EA Sports and EA Games. Nintendo's new console will produce brilliant high-definition graphics and new gameplay opportunities. We look forward to seeing great EA content on this new platform." Riccitiello was also enthused about Nintendo's embrace of online gaming

Kotaku

Not surprising given the relationship between the two companies, but it is crazy to see they've got absolutely nothing in the works for it.

#2 Posted by juradai (2783 posts) -

Source(I hate linking to Kotaku.)

[QUOTE="Kotaku"]

Less than two years after vowing to deliver on an "unprecedented partnership" with Nintendo, gaming giant EA is quiet on the Wii U front.

"We have no games in development for the Wii U currently," company spokesperson Jeff Brown told Kotaku yesterday. He did not rule out the chances of EA developing for the Wii U again. EA publishes many of gaming's biggest franchises, including Madden, The Sims, and Battlefield.

In June 2011, at the biggest gaming event of the yearE3Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata closed his presentation of his company's biggest games and then-forthcoming Wii U console by welcoming then-CEO of EA John Riccitiello to the stage. "What Nintendo's new console delivers speaks directly to the players of EA Sports and EA Games. Nintendo's new console will produce brilliant high-definition graphics and new gameplay opportunities. We look forward to seeing great EA content on this new platform." Riccitiello was also enthused about Nintendo's embrace of online gaming

rragnaar

Not surprising given the relationship between the two companies, but it is crazy to see they've got absolutely nothing in the works for it.

It's odd that EA doesn't. I mean, we could easily sit here and say that the WiiU is a struggling platform but even EA would have put at least one of its main titles on it, right? This is showing signs similar to that of Dreamcast's demise.
#3 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
[QUOTE="juradai"] It's odd that EA doesn't. I mean, we could easily sit here and say that the WiiU is a struggling platform but even EA would have put at least one of its main titles on it, right? This is showing signs similar to that of Dreamcast's demise.

Madden is the shocker for me. It seems like a port would be worth their time.
#4 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="juradai"] It's odd that EA doesn't. I mean, we could easily sit here and say that the WiiU is a struggling platform but even EA would have put at least one of its main titles on it, right? This is showing signs similar to that of Dreamcast's demise.rragnaar

Something went horribly wrong here. It seems that the rumors of EA running Nintendo's online infrastructure were true and Nintendo backed out at the last moment.

#5 Posted by juradai (2783 posts) -
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="juradai"] It's odd that EA doesn't. I mean, we could easily sit here and say that the WiiU is a struggling platform but even EA would have put at least one of its main titles on it, right? This is showing signs similar to that of Dreamcast's demise.

Oh, absolutely. I figured Madden was a no-brainer. There was so much they could do with the tablet but I suppose they feel their user base is only on the PS3 and 360. As much as I am not really into the WiiU, I hate to see any console decline so rapidly. The idea of making a come back to the level of its predecessor is looking more and more grim. Nintendo needs to do something pretty outstanding in order to prevent from falling into obscurity. Watch them come out with a 4K resolution WiiU. :P
#6 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19115 posts) -
Rag, you scumbag, you stole my news! :P
#7 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
idiotic move imo. much money to be made on the platform by simply porting a few titles over to it, specifically sports and racing titles.
#8 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

idiotic move imo. much money to be made on the platform by simply porting a few titles over to it, specifically sports and racing titles.yellosnolvr

I agree the move does seem idiotic at first, but with the rate the WiiU is going, it might actually be considered a wise strategy.

#9 Posted by juradai (2783 posts) -
[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]idiotic move imo. much money to be made on the platform by simply porting a few titles over to it, specifically sports and racing titles.

You would think that at first but I think this bit of news reveals more about Nintendo than about EA.
#10 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Strange news, I wonder what is going on behind closed doors between the two companies.
#11 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
I agree the move does seem idiotic at first, but with the rate the WiiU is going, it might actually be considered a wise strategy.Blueresident87
[QUOTE="juradai"] You would think that at first but I think this bit of news reveals more about Nintendo than about EA.

is the wiiu doing THAT poorly? i'm always on these forums and i'm constantly reading about how its underperforming, but i really didn't think it was at the point where EA wouldn't want more money
#12 Posted by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

idiotic move imo. much money to be made on the platform by simply porting a few titles over to it, specifically sports and racing titles.yellosnolvr

Is it so difficult to understand that there is no money to be made on the Wii U? It's a f***ing trainwreck. EA released Mass Effect 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Madden 13 and FIFA 13 on the damn thing. If those games moved any units, do you really think this would be EA's next move?

#13 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Pretty much every publisher has been distancing themselves from the Wii U, so I don't get the conspiracy theories. Wii U HW and SW sales are terrible and Nintendo doesn't seem to be alarmed about it.

#14 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
We get NPD numbers today, and it is supposed to be somewhere around 55k sold in April. That's only part of the story though, I don't think that the software is selling either. Admittedly, EA and others have released some pretty lukewarm ports for the system, and that is probably a part of why they don't sell. That being said, supposedly the Wii U version of the most recent Need For Speed game was actually a really well done game and it sold 10k in its first month. That may have been the last nail in the coffin as far as EA was concerned.
#15 Posted by Cyberdot (3925 posts) -

Oh, that's not good for the Wii-U. Nintendo clearly have done something terribly wrong here, it is something that pushes 3rd party developers away.

Wii-U could be the next Dreamcast.

#16 Posted by Tazzman1000 (638 posts) -
Just another kick in the balls for the Wii U. EA clearly don't see any big profit to be made from developing for it so they may as well concentrate their efforts on what sony and microsoft are offering.
#17 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

Just what the Wii U needs more third-parties pulling out.

#18 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

So much for that unprecendent partnership. At the same time, I also can't blame EA considering current Wii U hardware sales and the hardware itself. Nintendo lost touch and developers realize the casual market they broke into can't sustain their game sales. 

It seems to be in a similar situation as the Dreamcast where EA refused to support it but at least Sega made their own sports games. Nintendo's in a heap of trouble.

It will be interesting to see if they can sustain something like the Wii U on their own again with mainly first party titles. Of course this could be a blessing in disguise.

Personally, I say drop the freaking thing faster than the Virtual Boy and bury it. Then 2 years from now, bring out the SNES 2( or anything but scrap the Wii name), with all the new tech that will just miss making the cut in the new Xbox/PS4. Get back to being serious and give current Wii U owners some sort of discount.  Could work out better in the long run. Not like they have lost that much in R&D anyway. Cut your losses, don't sink with the ship. It might not look good to gamers, but it's not the first time a company's made a mistake and dragging this thing to a slow and painful death won't be any better either.

#19 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

This makes no sense. At all. Not even a yearly Fifa release? Really? Even 3DS and Vita get Fifa, and those are platforms with pretty bad western third party support. I don't get this. Or is this a general Nintendo thing? They haven't stopped releasing games on 3DS as well have they?

#20 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3653 posts) -

[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]idiotic move imo. much money to be made on the platform by simply porting a few titles over to it, specifically sports and racing titles.UpInFlames

Is it so difficult to understand that there is no money to be made on the Wii U? It's a f***ing trainwreck. EA released Mass Effect 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Madden 13 and FIFA 13 on the damn thing. If those games moved any units, do you really think this would be EA's next move?

Agreed wholeheartedly. Selling tens of thousands of copies of your high-profile games doesn't exactly suggest there is a great deal of revenue to be made. If anything, it seems like developing (even porting) games for the Wii U is nothing more than a waste of money right now. I think EA and other third party publishers are fully aware of this, and EA is just coming out and making its stance concrete.

Then there's the argument that once sales of the Wii U pick up, third party publishers will start to embrace the system... I just don't see it. To third parties, the Wii U presents the same climate that the Wii had, only with more expensive development costs and a much smaller potential audience. Nothing is going to change, when (IF) the Wii U's sales start to look at least somewhat respectable, as by that time, there will be two new, more attractive consoles for third party developers/publishers to take advantage of. If may mean that the Wii U will get a few more PS3/Xbox 360 ports down the road, but the fact that even something like this isn't a sure thing is pretty sad.

I'm not mad at EA at all. It's business, and given how poorly their games have performed on Nintendo platforms traditionally, I'm almost shocked it hasn't happened sooner. Nevertheless, this appears to be serious trouble for Nintendo moving forward if its "next-gen" console finds itself in a situation like this so soon.

#21 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]idiotic move imo. much money to be made on the platform by simply porting a few titles over to it, specifically sports and racing titles.Madmangamer364

Agreed wholeheartedly. Selling tens of thousands of copies of your high-profile games doesn't exactly suggest there is a great deal of revenue to be made. If anything, it seems like developing (even porting) games for the Wii U is nothing more than a waste of money right now. I think EA and other third party publishers are fully aware of this, and EA is just coming out and making its stance concrete.

Then there's the argument that once sales of the Wii U pick up, third party publishers will start to embrace the system... I just don't see it. To third parties, the Wii U presents the same climate that the Wii had, only with more expensive development costs and a much smaller potential audience. Nothing is going to change, when (IF) the Wii U's sales start to look at least somewhat respectable, as by that time, there will be two new, more attractive consoles for third party developers/publishers to take advantage of. If may mean that the Wii U will get a few more PS3/Xbox 360 ports down the road, but the fact that even something like this isn't a sure thing is pretty sad.

I'm not mad at EA at all. It's business, and given how poorly their games have performed on Nintendo platforms traditionally, I'm almost shocked it hasn't happened sooner. Nevertheless, this appears to be serious trouble for Nintendo moving forward if its "next-gen" console finds itself in a situation like this so soon.

Pretty much, so in essence it's worse.

The Wii U doesn't have the install base now and based on trends it won't.

They will still have to compete with Nintendo software which dominates the charts.

More expensive and incompatible with next gen engines they're working on.

I will never understand why Nintendo ditched waggle as the primary control method. I personally never cared for it but if they weren't going to compete with Sony/MS, why the hell didn't they just keep the controllers that made the Wii such a success? In trying to please everyone, they alienated everyone including their new casual market. It's mind boggling and whoever though that controller was a good idea should lose their position.

#22 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74440 posts) -
it's really surprising, why the hell wouldn't they want to get more audience and sales?
#23 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Strange news, I wonder what is going on behind closed doors between the two companies.GodModeEnabled

jQjkxVkj7cv0i.jpg

#24 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

We get NPD numbers today, and it is supposed to be somewhere around 55k sold in April. That's only part of the story though, I don't think that the software is selling either. Admittedly, EA and others have released some pretty lukewarm ports for the system, and that is probably a part of why they don't sell. That being said, supposedly the Wii U version of the most recent Need For Speed game was actually a really well done game and it sold 10k in its first month. That may have been the last nail in the coffin as far as EA was concerned.rragnaar

Yeah they spent a lot of time on the NFS port. No one bought it lol.

The best way to look at which software is selling is by looking at the community pages in Mii Verse. The only ones that are in the hundreds of thousands are NintendoLand and Mario. Everything else is flat. 

I play CoD religiously and we have only 2,500 people online at once. You cant play anything other than TDM or Domination because there is noone playing them. THe game has like 25 modes and only two are playable. 

#25 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3653 posts) -

I will never understand why Nintendo ditched waggle as the primary control method. I personally never cared for it but if they weren't going to compete with Sony/MS, why the hell didn't they just keep the controllers that made the Wii such a success? In trying to please everyone, they alienated everyone including their new casual market. It's mind boggling and whoever though that controller was a good idea should lose their position.

alexwatchtower

The name of the console pretty much sums up how backwards-thinking the "Wii U" really is, as it suggests a contradiction. Instead of continuing with a successful strategy, Nintendo thought it could go after a different audience while dragging its current Wii demographic along for the ride. In about a two year span, Nintendo had forgotten just what it was that made the Wii and DS the breakout hits they were, and went back to trying to sell primarily to a market that they failed to cater to with previous consoles. You could see it coming from miles away, especially when the 3DS launched with a similar approach and struggled out of the gate.

If you take the Wii out of the mix, the Wii U's struggle actually just continues the trend Nintendo's consoles have had post-NES. Growing industry, yet declining sales and importance for Nintendo consoles. While the "growing industry" part remains to be seen for the upcoming consoles, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Wii U will become the spiritual success to the GameCube in regards to Nintendo's relevance on the market as a console maker. But that's what happens when Nintendo's systems don't focus on mass-appeal and accessibility, which is what the Wii U sorely lacks. And strangely enough, even though many within the industry despised what the Wii represented, it was really the best (and now missed) opportunity Nintendo and its critics were going to have in seeing eye-to-eye anytime soon. Now, it's back to square one, where third parties have less to gain on a Nintendo platform than ever before, and EA's departure may just be the first domino to fall.

#26 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

Madmangamer364

The name of the console pretty much sums up how backwards-thinking the "Wii U" really is, as it suggests a contradiction. Instead of continuing with a successful strategy, Nintendo thought it could go after a different audience while dragging its current Wii demographic along for the ride. In about a two year span, Nintendo had forgotten just what it was that made the Wii and DS the breakout hits they were, and went back to trying to sell primarily to a market that they failed to cater to with previous consoles. You could see it coming from miles away, especially when the 3DS launched with a similar approach and struggled out of the gate.

If you take the Wii out of the mix, the Wii U's struggle actually just continues the trend Nintendo's consoles have had post-NES. Growing industry, yet declining sales and importance for Nintendo consoles. While the "growing industry" part remains to be seen for the upcoming consoles, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Wii U will become the spiritual success to the GameCube in regards to Nintendo's relevance on the market as a console maker. But that's what happens when Nintendo's systems don't focus on mass-appeal and accessibility, which is what the Wii U sorely lacks. And strangely enough, even though many within the industry despised what the Wii represented, it was really the best (and now missed) opportunity Nintendo and its critics were going to have in seeing eye-to-eye anytime soon. Now, it's back to square one, where third parties have less to gain on a Nintendo platform than ever before, and EA's departure may just be the first domino to fall.

I wouldn't say all consoles but I would agree. With the N64, their only screw up being the lack of CD. But the console was solid. Better graphics than the PSX, a true step up. Innovation with analog controls. Image quality and AA. No loading times. There was a lot to love about the N64, other than the lack of third party support. Man things would be so much different today if they would have put a damn disc drive in the N64.

From the looks of things, the Wii U will be lucky to be a spiritual successor to the GameCube. I think this is the most collosal screw up in gaming history. Even Sega had to at least screw up the Sega CD, 32X and Saturn, and was going against the hot PS2 before the Dreamcast failed. Nintendo ruled last generation in sales so this type of drop from grace in such a short time span is unprecedented.

Maybe Atari?

230px-Atari-2600-Console.jpg

#27 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]I agree the move does seem idiotic at first, but with the rate the WiiU is going, it might actually be considered a wise strategy.yellosnolvr
You would think that at first but I think this bit of news reveals more about Nintendo than about EA.juradai
is the wiiu doing THAT poorly? i'm always on these forums and i'm constantly reading about how its underperforming, but i really didn't think it was at the point where EA wouldn't want more money

I don't think it's a matter of making/not making money. I think it is a move more comparable to placing chips, they are betting on their horses so to speak. 

#28 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Dreamcast 2. We all wanted it didn't we?
#29 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

Dreamcast 2. We all wanted it didn't we?dvader654

Nothing like it. Not even close.

#30 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

From the looks of things, the Wii U will be lucky to be a spiritual successor to the GameCube. I think this is the most collosal screw up in gaming history. Even Sega had to at least screw up the Sega CD, 32X and Saturn, and was going against the hot PS2 before the Dreamcast failed. Nintendo ruled last generation in sales so this type of drop from grace in such a short time span is unprecedented.

Maybe Atari?

alexwatchtower
I'd say systems like the Nokia N-Gage, Virtual Boy, Atari Jaguar/CD, Sega Nomad, Apple Pippin, and Gizmondo are bigger hardware failures than the Wii-U. As far-fetched as it seems right now, Nintendo still has a chance at turning the Wii-U around. That said, I hope whether it succeeds or not, it serves as an effective wake-up call for both Nintendo and its fanbase.
#31 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

I'd say systems like the Nokia N-Gage, Virtual Boy, Atari Jaguar/CD, Sega Nomad, Apple Pippin, and Gizmondo are bigger hardware failures than the Wii-U. As far-fetched as it seems right now, Nintendo still has a chance at turning the Wii-U around. That said, I hope whether it succeeds or not, it serves as an effective wake-up call for both Nintendo and its fanbase.1PMrFister

But none of those were successors to consoles that led the previous generation in sales. Record breaking sales at that with total world wide sales numbers over 100 million units.

#32 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18418 posts) -
EA and Nintendo must have had a big falling out for them not to put any games on the Wii U.
#33 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3653 posts) -

I wouldn't say all consoles but I would agree. With the N64, their only screw up being the lack of CD. But the console was solid. Better graphics than the PSX, a true step up. Innovation with analog controls. Image quality and AA. No loading times. There was a lot to love about the N64, other than the lack of third party support. Man things would be so much different today if they would have put a damn disc drive in the N64.

Maybe Atari?

alexwatchtower

As far as the N64 goes, it's easy to put the blame on the format being the system's shortcoming, but I'm not entirely convinced it would have changed that much. Sega had three disc-based platforms sandwhiched during that time (CD, Saturn, Dreamcast), and none of them took off. I just think Sony's timing in getting the PS into the market was simply ideal. They also took Sega's model with that made the Genesis successful and just refined and super-sized it to perfection. They took advantage of the fact that even before the N64, Nintendo was starting to lose ground, and managed to convince more publishers to make the transition. The disc format helped to convey the Playstation's vision, but the actual approach Sony had was the key.

The N64 had its moments of greatness, no doubt, but in relation to how great it was/could have been, it's still all subjective. What isn't subjective is that the Wii U follows the declining trend with Nintendo consoles (excluding NES and Wii) quite well at the moment. Compare the Wii U's start to the GCN's and it's as if Nintendo didn't even release the Wii at all in terms of console relevance. That's why I'm calling it a "spiritual successor" to the GCN, as it feels as if Nintendo never picked up any ground at all over the past decade. Just look at the numbers; at the rate Nintendo was going, it didn't have much more of a market to lose after the GCN, yet the Wii U appears to be on pace to have an even smaller user base. And without the ability to reach out to the masses, Nintendo doesn't really have enough diehard fans left to sustain a position as a console manufacturer.

#34 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19115 posts) -
Dreamcast 2. We all wanted it didn't we?dvader654
Woah woah. The dreamcast had loads of great games, like Shenmue and... uh... that other game!
#35 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
[QUOTE="dvader654"]Dreamcast 2. We all wanted it didn't we?Black_Knight_00
Woah woah. The dreamcast had loads of great games, like Shenmue and... uh... that other game!

Soul Calibur was the star of that system.
#36 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

Maybe Atari?

Madmangamer364

As far as the N64 goes, it's easy to put the blame on the format being the system's shortcoming, but I'm not entirely convinced it would have changed that much. Sega had three disc-based platforms sandwhiched during that time (CD, Saturn, Dreamcast), and none of them took off. I just think Sony's timing in getting the PS into the market was simply ideal. They also took Sega's model with that made the Genesis successful and just refined and super-sized it to perfection. They took advantage of the fact that even before the N64, Nintendo was starting to lose ground, and managed to convince more publishers to make the transition. The disc format helped to convey the Playstation's vision, but the actual approach Sony had was the key.

The N64 had its moments of greatness, no doubt, but in relation to how great it was/could have been, it's still all subjective. What isn't subjective is that the Wii U follows the declining trend with Nintendo consoles (excluding NES and Wii) quite well at the moment. Compare the Wii U's start to the GCN's and it's as if Nintendo didn't even release the Wii at all in terms of console relevance. That's why I'm calling it a "spiritual successor" to the GCN, as it feels as if Nintendo never picked up any ground at all over the past decade. Just look at the numbers; at the rate Nintendo was going, it didn't have much more of a market to lose after the GCN, yet the Wii U appears to be on pace to have an even smaller user base. And without the ability to reach out to the masses, Nintendo doesn't really have enough diehard fans left to sustain a position as a console manufacturer.

Nintendo will never stop being a console maker unless the entire console industry fails. They are the most successful video game company in the world, a rough patch is not going to sink their ship.

#37 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19115 posts) -
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="dvader654"]Dreamcast 2. We all wanted it didn't we?GodModeEnabled

Lol f*ck that game, they took my favorite character from Soul Edge, Taki, and turned her into a ninja whore with 50 pound boobs and foot-long nipples. God what a betrayal
#38 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

Nintendo will never stop being a console maker unless the entire console industry fails. They are the most successful video game company in the world, a rough patch is not going to sink their ship.

dvader654

Nobody is suggesting that, and I hope not. It would suck to leave the game industry in the hands of Sony/MS who seem to have no problems being buddy buddy with companies like EA and their greedy practices.

But as far as the console industry failing as a whole, it wouldn't be the first time and I don't think that's as crazy as it would have sounded a few years ago. Stagnation is real, next gen hardware isn't a significant enough jump even for PS4/720 to introduce new gameplay elements, so....stay tuned? E3 better be something.

The difference between now and the past with Nintendo is they're suffering on the handheld end as well. With Apple and phone manufacturers pretty much taking over handheld devices, Nintendo's getting bombarded from all sides.

#39 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

alexwatchtower

Nobody is suggesting that, and I hope not. It would suck to leave the game industry in the hands of Sony/MS who seem to have no problems being buddy buddy with companies like EA and their greedy practices.

But as far as the console industry failing as a whole, it wouldn't be the first time and I don't think that's as crazy as it would have sounded a few years ago. Stagnation is real, next gen hardware isn't a significant enough jump even for PS4/720 to introduce new gameplay elements, so....stay tuned? E3 better be something.

The difference between now and the past with Nintendo is they're suffering on the handheld end as well. With Apple and phone manufacturers pretty much taking over handheld devices, Nintendo's getting bombarded from all sides.

The 3DS is doing just fine since the price drop. This is looking just like GC era. Wii U will be GC and 3DS will be the GBA.

#40 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Woah woah. The dreamcast had loads of great games, like Shenmue and... uh... that other game!

Lol f*ck that game, they took my favorite character from Soul Edge, Taki, and turned her into a ninja whore with 50 pound boobs and foot-long nipples. God what a betrayal

Foot long nipples are the best kind. Suuuubwaaay eat fresh!
#41 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19115 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] Soul Calibur was the star of that system.GodModeEnabled

Foot long nipples are the best kind. Suuuubwaaay eat fresh!

nxetaki.jpg

That's more a radioactive mutation than a woman

#42 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
I think this is the start of the end. Pretty much every developer is shifting gears for next gen, and they can easily support the PS4, PC and Nextbox simultaneously with minimal effort. I don't think there are too many publishers out there that know how to achieve success on a Nintendo console, and I don't think you'll see too many devs bothering to make an exclusive for it when they have no idea whether if any Wii U owner will notice it.
#43 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3653 posts) -

dvader654

Hard to keep making consoles (or anything) when the demand for your products continue to fall, while the costs to make them continue to rise. Again, take the Wii out of the mix, and this is pretty much Nintendo's dilenma since the NES left the market. Nintendo either fixs this or face a situation where it has no choice but to stop making consoles, especially if the Wii U doesn't rebound to some respectable extent.

And right now, the Wii U's situation is probably more severe than a "rough patch." Not saying "Nintendo is doomed," but it's not hard to see the danger that currently surrounds it. It's way too soon to come to conclusions, but as a Nintendo fan myself, I'm aware of the possibilities that the Wii U's failure could create.

#44 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

Madmangamer364

Hard to keep making consoles (or anything) when the demand for your products continue to fall, while the costs to make them continue to rise. Again, take the Wii out of the mix, and this is pretty much Nintendo's dilenma since the NES left the market. Nintendo either fixs this or face a situation where it has no choice but to stop making consoles, especially if the Wii U doesn't rebound to some respectable extent.

And right now, the Wii U's situation is probably more severe than a "rough patch." Not saying "Nintendo is doomed," but it's not hard to see the danger that currently surrounds it. It's way too soon to come to conclusions, but as a Nintendo fan myself, I'm aware of the possibilities that the Wii U's failure could create.

Just look at the chart on the other thread. nintendo has never been in danger in their history. Even during Sony's most successful years, their game division only made more money than Nintendo did once or twice. The GC/GBA era was better for Nintendo than the PS2 era was for Sony. Just think about that for a second.

#45 Posted by Pedro (21516 posts) -

Oh, absolutely. I figured Madden was a no-brainer. There was so much they could do with the tablet but I suppose they feel their user base is only on the PS3 and 360. As much as I am not really into the WiiU, I hate to see any console decline so rapidly. The idea of making a come back to the level of its predecessor is looking more and more grim. Nintendo needs to do something pretty outstanding in order to prevent from falling into obscurity. Watch them come out with a 4K resolution WiiU. :P juradai

With the system currently limited to one tablet controller per system due to it not being sold separately all of the possibilites with Madden is flushed.

#46 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
Just look at the chart on the other thread. nintendo has never been in danger in their history. Even during Sony's most successful years, their game division only made more money than Nintendo did once or twice. The GC/GBA era was better for Nintendo than the PS2 era was for Sony. Just think about that for a second.dvader654
They'll manage yeah. But I'd rather they flourish than just scrape by. I don't want another Nintendo 64, with literally only one or two good games a year. (and even the N64 managed some neat third party games in it's first two years or so, I still like Doom 64 and Shadows of the Empire) I like their software, but as a Nintendo fan, I really wish they would get out of hardware, at least on the console side. Especially with the Wii and Wii U, it's getting harder and harder to justify dealing with their shitty consoles to play their awesome games. (you could have made the Galaxy games and Skyward sword just fine on a traditional controller connected to an infinitely better console)
#47 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Can someone make a compelling case as to why they would have games in the pipe for the Wii U?

Neither could I.

#48 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

Just look at the chart on the other thread. nintendo has never been in danger in their history. Even during Sony's most successful years, their game division only made more money than Nintendo did once or twice. The GC/GBA era was better for Nintendo than the PS2 era was for Sony. Just think about that for a second.

dvader654

I just never understood why to some people, as gamers, that is important or it makes up for the evident problems with the system. It's not all about money. The fact they can make good profit doesn't make your gaming experience any better. Especially since they hardly share that with you or give back. Clearly.

That's not going to make the Wii U gaming experience better for those buying the console. It won't bring in more third party support. It won't fix the complaints a lot of people have with it.

Profit isn't everything. Even for a business. If they plan on just getting by, by taking advantage of whatever hardcore fans they have left, and squeezing every last peny out of that group, then that's not really a success because it's bad for long term business. You see it now with the Wii U. Going in the same direction, and offering their loyal fans a product that's below their expectations, with few game releases in between, could very well lead to continue losing customers and piss off more of their remaining user base.

If you are the type of gamer that games on multiple consoles, it won't be so bad, but if you are a Nintendo only gamer, and you game pretty regularly, you can't possibly be happy about this. Whether or not they rake in profit. 

#49 Posted by Pedro (21516 posts) -

dvader654

Well its time for them to feel the burn. Fans has been lining Nintendo's pockets with gold for far too long, making the company lazy and stale. Even with this crisis they still react as if everything is ok. The lack of advancement in their hardware and games is staggering. So staggering that any update or inclusion of more modern day technologies or mechanics in their games or systems is touted as brand new even though such things have been on the market for many many years.

#50 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
I just never understood why to some people, as gamers, that is important or it makes up for the evident problems with the system. It's not all about money. The fact they can make good profit doesn't make your gaming experience any better. Especially since they hardly share that with you or give back. Clearly.alexwatchtower
Exactly. I used to ask people last gen with the Wii about the problems it has, and their response would be to post charts about Nintendo's profits, and I would wonder, can you insert these charts into the system? Are they fun games? Nintendo could have taken some of these profits and actually done something with them this time around, maybe invest in some seriously advanced hardware. Instead they put too much focus on the idiotic and useless tablet controller gimmick, and keeping the system itself at a set size, even reducing the power of it's innards to make sure it worked out to be the exact size they wanted. They have their priorities all mixed up, and they got too eccentric for their own good after the fad success of the Wii.