EA comments on Battlefield 4 server issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

"When Battlefield 4 launched, it was a very complex game, launching on two entirely new console platforms, as well as current-gen and PC," said Soderlund. "We were pushing innovation heavily and we're delivering 60 frames per second gameplay for 64 players plus the ability to connect via mobile tablet as a Commander into the product, coupled those with some very innovative features on the gameplay side. Based on our pre-launch testing and beta performance, we were confident the game was ready when it was launched. Shortly after launch, however, we began hearing about problems from our player community, and the development team quickly began to address the situation."

"The challenge that we've faced with Battlefield 4 were different from anything that we've seen before with other games. There were different issues that only manifest its scale in the post-launch live environment. We're taking multiple steps to evaluate what occurred and incorporate those learnings into our development process for future products, so we don't experience the same problems again."

"Launching Battlefield was a complex effort, with our teams at DICE delivering a massive game packed with innovative new features for players on next-gen consoles, current-gen consoles and PC," said Wilson. "Shortly after Battlefield 4 went live, we began hearing from some players in the community who were experiencing issues with the game. The Battlefield team acted swiftly to address the issues through game updates, and they continue to make refinements as part of our live service to ensure a great game experience for all Battlefield 4 players. Battlefield 4 is an amazing game in size, scope and gameplay, and we're confident that gamers will be playing for a long time to come."

Link

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

"Battlefield 4 is an amazing game with many new, complex features. We launched this 60 fps masterpiece on multiple consoles and PC. Don't forget we have this cool commander app as well. We're going to gloss over the issues that people told us they have. But we want you to know that we know about them and are totally fixing them. Little by little. BF4 is the best game we've ever made and we offer you the experience of a lifetime."

That's pretty much what I got out of the blurb you posted above :)

Thanks, EA, for taking this opportunity to remind us how awesome BF4 is... /sarcasm

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

I can't play the game since the last patch, screwed my game up and I've tried almost everything besides reinstalling windows. And that, my friends, will only happen when hell freezes over.

I can't say that I am too happy about my purchase.

Tigarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Tigarian
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts

@kaealy: Don't worry, they'll make it up to you with free battlepacks and XP boosts!