E3 gamespot emblems?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grandizerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By grandizerX
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts

i still didn't get one yet ... or they have discarded it this year?

Feran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Feran
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

good question not got one ether

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

As of right now, the emblems have been discarded.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Levels and emblems are gone people

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Their absence is not a permanent discarding. These are both works in progress. Since last October, major bugs have taken priority over site gimmicks. I firmly believe they will return eventually.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Their absence is not a permanent discarding. These are both works in progress. Since last October, major bugs have taken priority over site gimmicks. I firmly believe they will return eventually.

i want the levels to return

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

@The_Last_Ride:

http://melindascollins.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/patience-yoda.jpg

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride

@crimsonbrute:

"Emotion, yet peace.Ignorance, yet knowledge.Passion, yet serenity.Chaos, yet harmony.Death, yet the Force." I know my code youngling

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I also would like to have them again. They added a fun element to GameSpot that I did not experience on other websites.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I also would like to have them again. They added a fun element to GameSpot that I did not experience on other websites.

i agree

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

I could care less about the levels and most emblems, but I did always like the idea of some sort of badge for sitting through E3. Its like a ritual.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Until emblems return, I'm surviving by putting some of my favorite emblems in my sig.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Behardy24

@The_Last_Ride said:

For someone who didn't create an account while coming to this site for over a decade (which I regret), what were levels and emblems like? How did you level up and how did you earn the emblems? Once you got all levels and emblems (if possible) what would happen?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

For someone who didn't create an account while coming to this site for over a decade (which I regret), what were levels and emblems like? How did you level up and how did you earn the emblems? Once you got all levels and emblems (if possible) what would happen?

As with any game that has levels, each one had a required amount of points that increased with each level (No one really knew how much, but we had some estimation of how long each level takes). You earned xp by doing various stuff on the site like browsing, posting, watching videos, etc... There was no max level exactly, because if someone reached it they would just add a new one. And the latter levels took an insane amount of time to complete anyway, so there was no need to increase it. The user with the highest level was 70 something I think.

And emblems are basically achievements. They're actually still there, just go to someone's profile and then the trophies tab. It says what each emblem was for.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Behardy24

@harry_james_pot said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

As with any game that has levels, each one had a required amount of points that increased with each level (No one really knew how much, but we had some estimation of how long each level takes). You earned xp by doing various stuff on the site like browsing, posting, watching videos, etc... There was no max level exactly, because if someone reached it they would just add a new one. And the latter levels took an insane amount of time to complete anyway, so there was no need to increase it. The user with the highest level was 70 something I think.

And emblems are basically achievements. They're actually still there, just go to someone's profile and then the trophies tab. It says what each emblem was for.

Oh okay, thanks for telling me. That sounds cool and now I hope they eventually bring it back.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@harry_james_pot said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

actually it was 72, and i wasn't far from making it :(