Dust An Elysian Tale coming to PS4

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

Link

So looking forward to this game coming to PS4, made by one guy

Originally released on Xbox 360 in 2012 and for PC in 2013, Humble Hearts announced that they are bringing Dust: An Elysian Tail to the PlayStation 4 really soon. This version will be running at 60 frames per second in 1080p.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is an action-platformer which features crazy-fast swordplay, magic, power-ups, special abilities, and hidden passages. Players can take on different main and side quests, even a quest where they can choose to put poison ivy into some jerk’s laundry. An specific release date remains unknown.

#2 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

Cool.

#3 Posted by Pffrbt (6596 posts) -

Dust is a pretty bad game.

#4 Posted by mastermetal777 (2255 posts) -

@Pffrbt: I disagree. Played it at my friend's house, and it was a ton of fun.

#5 Posted by Pffrbt (6596 posts) -

@mastermetal777 said:

@Pffrbt: I disagree. Played it at my friend's house, and it was a ton of fun.

The art is complete ass and the combat never evolves beyond spamming projectiles and using dust storm in the air. You can master the full depth of the combat system four minutes after starting the game.

#6 Posted by mastermetal777 (2255 posts) -

@Pffrbt: So? Does mastering the combat make a game any less fun? You could apply that same logic to most hack-n-slash games anyway.

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

Dust is a pretty bad game.

what? Please elaborate

#8 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Nice new avatar :D

#9 Posted by Pffrbt (6596 posts) -

@mastermetal777 said:

@Pffrbt: So? Does mastering the combat make a game any less fun?

When you've experienced and mastered the full depth of a combat centric game's combat system 5 minutes after starting the game and it never evolves beyond that there's a problem. No, it isn't particularly fun. It's repetitive and shallow.

"You could apply that same logic to most hack-n-slash games anyway."
Difference being that most of those games gradually introduce more depth, strategies, abilities, weapons, and combos as they progress. Dust is the shame shit over and over from beginning to end. So no, you can't really apply the same logic.

@The_Last_Ride said:

what? Please elaborate

The art is eye-searingly terrible. The writing and art are both very "Deviant-Art". The combat has zero depth and remains exactly the same throughout the entire game. There's nothing worthwhile to find through exploration. The platforming is bland at best.

#10 Posted by BranKetra (49556 posts) -

I like the art style, voice-acting, and aiming for high combos on the Xbox 360 version. I might get the PS4 version if it is an expanded version.

#11 Edited by Metamania (12025 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

Dust is a pretty bad game.

No it's not. It's a fun, good game. You're missing out.

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Nice new avatar :D

lol, thanks :P

#13 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@mastermetal777 said:

@Pffrbt: So? Does mastering the combat make a game any less fun? You could apply that same logic to most hack-n-slash games anyway.

Don't respond to him, it never accomplishes anything.

#14 Posted by mastermetal777 (2255 posts) -

@Randolph: Thanks for the tip. That's another person to avoid conversations with on this forum lol

#15 Posted by Pffrbt (6596 posts) -

@Metamania said:

No it's not. It's a fun, good game. You're missing out.

I played the game for several hours. I'm not missing out. It's extremely shallow and repetitive and ugly. The game has zero depth to its combat and zero sense of progression. I can't even believe people are defending this shit. Anyone interested in Dust should just go play Guacamelee instead, since it actually has depth and variety to its combat, meaningful exploration, and beautiful art and music. It's everything that Dust failed to be.

#16 Edited by firefox59 (4481 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@Metamania said:

No it's not. It's a fun, good game. You're missing out.

I played the game for several hours. I'm not missing out. It's extremely shallow and repetitive and ugly. The game has zero depth to its combat and zero sense of progression. I can't even believe people are defending this shit. Anyone interested in Dust should just go play Guacamelee instead, since it actually has depth and variety to its combat, meaningful exploration, and beautiful art and music. It's everything that Dust failed to be.

Dust is bad and Guacamelee is better with depth and blah blah blah lol. You are 0/2 on quality opinions in this thread. We should all hope the money this makes will help lead to a Dust sequel.

#17 Posted by Pffrbt (6596 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

Dust is bad and Guacamelee is better with depth and blah blah blah lol.

This isn't even attempting to argue against anything I said.

#18 Posted by Metamania (12025 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@mastermetal777 said:

@Pffrbt: So? Does mastering the combat make a game any less fun? You could apply that same logic to most hack-n-slash games anyway.

Don't respond to him, it never accomplishes anything.

Hey Randolph! How's it going man? :)