Driveclub: PS+ vs Full version explained

#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69892 posts) -

I am getting the full version

#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2465 posts) -

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69892 posts) -

55 Tracks and 50 cars for the full version

#4 Posted by firefox59 (4350 posts) -

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

#5 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69892 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

#6 Posted by SoNin360 (5286 posts) -

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

That's what initially made me believe that the PS+ version was pretty much going to be the full version. But having only 10 or so cars and tracks of the 50 or so of each one doesn't sound like nearly the full game to me. So maybe the trophies will be really easy, or there will still be plenty to do with the limited number of cars and tracks. In any case, I'll just stick with the PS+ version since I never had huge interest in the game. And as a trophy whore I like that all the trophies will still be obtainable in the stripped down version.

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69892 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

That's what initially made me believe that the PS+ version was pretty much going to be the full version. But having only 10 or so cars and tracks of the 50 or so of each one doesn't sound like nearly the full game to me. So maybe the trophies will be really easy, or there will still be plenty to do with the limited number of cars and tracks. In any case, I'll just stick with the PS+ version since I never had huge interest in the game. And as a trophy whore I like that all the trophies will still be obtainable in the stripped down version.

This is more of an experiment though, this is the first time they are releasing a big retail game from launch to ps+

#8 Posted by firefox59 (4350 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

Then why does it say if you buy the full version you can take your points and trophies with you? Sounds to me like unlockables and trophies are unavailable in the free version.

#9 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69892 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

Then why does it say if you buy the full version you can take your points and trophies with you? Sounds to me like unlockables and trophies are unavailable in the free version.

IT means you don't lose them

#10 Edited by liquidsuns (141 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

Then why does it say if you buy the full version you can take your points and trophies with you? Sounds to me like unlockables and trophies are unavailable in the free version.

To me, that would indicate the exact opposite.