Driveclub delayed again?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

So it seems like it won't hit the Febuary 22nd in Japan, might also be further delayed for the rest of us

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/driveclub-to-miss-japanese-ps4-launch-after-delay?abthid=52d7c68a5ca5c1ff0100000d

Edit: it's been confirmed now

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/driveclub-to-miss-japanese-ps4-launch-after-delay

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

This is not surprising. It seems to be common practice nowadays with "most anticipated games".

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

lol Sony's next gen line up for next year includes only one game with a release date? (Infamous Second Son)

Well two if you consider Game of the Year Contender MLB the Show.

yes, everything is fine. These games are definitely not in development hell.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@S0lidSnake said:

lol Sony's next gen line up for next year includes only one game with a release date? (Infamous Second Son)

Well two if you consider Game of the Year Contender MLB the Show.

yes, everything is fine. These games are definitely not in development hell.

Drive Club certainly is in development hell.

The problem could be a lack of focus. Not to long ago a tidbit talking about all of the work the team was putting into modeling plants surfaced. That would make sense for a game where one wanders around on foot, but for a driving game that just seems like a waste.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/15/driveclub-every-location-is-precise-down-to-the-angle-of-light-flora-is-detailed-to-the-species/

Artists imagine new worlds. Engineers bring them to life. DriveClub is a new driving game that takes realism to the next level. Every location is precise down to the angle of light. Flora is detailed to the species. The cars are made of a staggering 250,000 polygons. So the feeling of driving is as real as the world created.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

Drive Club certainly is in development hell.

The problem could be a lack of focus. Not to long ago a tidbit talking about all of the work the team was putting into modeling plants surfaced. That would make sense for a game where one wanders around on foot, but for a driving game that just seems like a waste.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/15/driveclub-every-location-is-precise-down-to-the-angle-of-light-flora-is-detailed-to-the-species/

Artists imagine new worlds. Engineers bring them to life. DriveClub is a new driving game that takes realism to the next level. Every location is precise down to the angle of light. Flora is detailed to the species. The cars are made of a staggering 250,000 polygons. So the feeling of driving is as real as the world created.

lol I just replied to this in the official thread. I will post it here since it's more relevant in this thread.

This is so stupid. Who cares about replicating the entire track right down to the lighting angle? I've never been to Scotland. im sure 99% of the people who play this game have never been to scotland, let alone on that track. And Im sure 100% of the people wont care about these little touches they spent years on.

I remember them talking about modeling the fibers on the car seats. Who gives a ****? You don’t even get to see it. They also talked about how the balloons released in one of the levels realistically react to the wind physics. I was like what balloons? Then I went back and there were a single set of balloons floating by the side of the road. No one notices these things.

I love Evolution studios but they seem to have wasted years on stupid fucking things like this. Sometimes devs need a publisher like EA and Ubisoft that keeps these idiots on a leash so they don’t go too nuts modeling shit no one cares about and focus on the core aspects of the game. And make sure they release on time.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

Certainly sounds like a game in development hell, which is never a good sign.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

i really hope it comes out soon

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rockinpapa
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

It's nothing of a surprise but still a great bummer. I kinda understand that developers have to get used to new gen and it's hard to make predictions on when game launches, but still the situation now is over the top and such delays can and I guess will lose some potential buyers.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

They announced it at launch so everybody would buy a PS4 instead of waiting a year later. Nice little marketing trick as usual.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@rockinpapa said:

It's nothing of a surprise but still a great bummer. I kinda understand that developers have to get used to new gen and it's hard to make predictions on when game launches, but still the situation now is over the top and such delays can and I guess will lose some potential buyers.

I kind of pre ordered the PS4 because of Watch Dogs and Driveclub :(

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@rockinpapa said:

Don't know which country you are in, but in the US on Amazon the PS4 is selling for $500 new (the Xbone for $427) so you should sell it for a bit of a profit. It will probably be out of shortage by the time Driveclub and Watchdogs hit.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@CarnageHeart said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@rockinpapa said:

Don't know which country you are in, but in the US on Amazon the PS4 is selling for $500 new (the Xbone for $427) so you should sell it for a bit of a profit. It will probably be out of shortage by the time Driveclub and Watchdogs hit.

meh, i am happy with it, still got my ps3, and Vita, so i can always switch between the consoles, and if not i always have my 360 to try out aswell

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It has not been delayed again., All that the article is saying is that Driveclub will not be out by Japan launch. No one ever said when Driveclub would come out after the initial delay. Evolution does pretty good with racing titles, so I am sure the game will be at least fun at the very worst.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

@gamenerd15 said:

It has not been delayed again., All that the article is saying is that Driveclub will not be out by Japan launch. No one ever said when Driveclub would come out after the initial delay. Evolution does pretty good with racing titles, so I am sure the game will be at least fun at the very worst.

it was updated right after with another article, its official. It's been delayed

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

If these delays prevent day-one (or soon after) patches, this is worth waiting for.