Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Currently at 89 on Metacritic

Gamespot Review

IGN Review

Link

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

IGN review on gamespot lol

Why dont we all just go to IGN and have fun over there and close down Gamespot ;)

But no surprise at the high score, its after all one of the most "inclusive feminist PC" games out there.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

Why dont we all just go to IGN and have fun over there and close down Gamespot ;)

But no surprise at the high score, its after all one of the most "inclusive feminist PC" games out there.

i am waiting for more videos to come out, i would have posted them aswell

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Game Informer gave the game a 9.5 too. I'm still holding all reservations until i get my hands on it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

I watched the Gamespot video review. Excellent stuff. This game looks awesome and sounds HUGE. I'm really looking forward to picking this up next week. First I picked up Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, then Halo: The Master Chief Collection today, and next is Dragon Age Inquistion. I'll probably grab a couple more before Nov. is over. What a fantastic month this has been.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

90+ hours for just a straight playthrough!! Wow, that would probably be double or triple for me because I'm not a RPG guy. My first attempted at an RPG was Skyrim and I really liked it, but after about 30hrs in, I just lost interest.

I do like watching other people play though.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Can't wait tell next week, Bioware is back!!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Nothing wrong with becoming more diverse. The industry could use more women and minority games, as long as they're not there just to appease groups.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Jacanuk said:

Nothing wrong with becoming more diverse. The industry could use more women and minority games, as long as they're not there just to appease groups.

Sure there is nothing wrong with a game being diverse if its there because of the story.

The diversity in Dragons age and all of bioware's game has nothing to contribute to the story, its sole purpose of being there is to seem diverse and please the extreme left wing radicals and to work as "YouNeedToBuyIt" for the sex hungry teenage boys who have and never will be that close to a actual real life women unless they pay for it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Jacanuk said:

He also forgot that AC Liberation had a female protagonist...

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Here are a few other:

Joystiq -- 5/5

"Dragon Age: Inquisition is BioWare's reaffirmation of what it's capable of delivering. It's a gorgeous game on an epic scale. Rich in character and story, it creates a fantasy world with plausible social rules you can get lost in. It makes you feel that you aren't just exploring a new world, but helping shape it at various levels of society. Inquisition sets the bar for what a blockbuster RPG should be. Oh, and after everything is said and done, make sure to stay following the credits." - Alexander Sliwinski [Full review]

Game Informer -- 9.5/10

"After two disparate entries with different philosophies, Dragon Age's identity crisis is over. With a mixture of open-world exploration, entertaining combat, and top-tier characters, the team at BioWare has found a winning formula that isn't shackled to either Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age II. Inquisition is not defined by the traditions it returns to, but by the new directions it forges for this magnificent fantasy universe." - Joe Juba [Full review]

Polygon -- 9.5/10

"Dragon Age: Inquisition is one of the biggest games I've ever played, and I still want more. This is the astounding scope I referred to above. It's no longer as simple as how your choices affect your small band of adventurers--though that can vary quite a lot as well. Dragon Age: Inquisition puts the fate of the world in your hands in a way that few role-playing games have done before. And even after another 80 hours devoted to it, it's a world I cannot wait to return to in whatever BioWare does next. I don't know what higher praise I could give." - Philip Kollar [Full review]

GamesRadar -- 4/5

"Dragon Age: Inquisition creates a massive, vibrant world on a scale far greater than its predecessors, and does an excellent job of making you feel in command. The heart of this game rests with its characters, who keep you invested in the action." - Maxwell McGee [Full review]

DigitalSpy -- 4/5

"BioWare has clearly listened to, and learned from, the criticisms leveled at Dragon Age II. It has also cherry picked some of the best elements of its Mass Effect series00most notably the more exhaustive dialogue options--to create a role-playing game of sweeping scale and often surprising impact." - John Robertson [Full review]

Destructoid -- 8.5/10

"Dragon Age: Inquisition not only feels like a fully fledged role-playing adventure, but it's also packed with fun things to do that will keep you busy for weeks. Having played well over 100 hours, I'm still finding things to do, working on my multiplayer characters, and plotting another playthrough to handle things a bit differently. Inquisition is a triumph and proves that despite some missteps along the way, BioWare hasn't lost its touch." - Chris Carter [Full review]

GamesBeat -- 87/100

"What BioWare has done better than most in the past is just as smooth and well-tended here. Characters are well-realized beings of desires and complications. The world of Thedas is an inviting glimpse into complicated fantasy, now with that new-generation gleam and polish. Add to that the Inquisition, a central narrative mechanic that will turn the speediest of speed-runners into an obsessive-compulsive herb picker, and the game is a worthy addition to a spectacular Western RPG franchise, only barely surpassed by Dragon Age: Origins." - Gavin Greene [Full review]

A selection of additional Inquisition review scores:

• VideoGamer -- 8/10
  • Shacknews -- 9/10
  • Cheat Code Central -- 3.8/5
  • Gaming Nexus -- 9/10

I can't wait to see what you guys have to say about it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

Awesome to see Dragon Age: Inquisition getting such excellent reviews all around.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Jacanuk said:

Sure there is nothing wrong with a game being diverse if its there because of the story.

The diversity in Dragons age and all of bioware's game has nothing to contribute to the story, its sole purpose of being there is to seem diverse and please the extreme left wing radicals and to work as "YouNeedToBuyIt" for the sex hungry teenage boys who have and never will be that close to a actual real life women unless they pay for it.

I have no interest in Bioware games so I can't comment on the content.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Glad the game is getting great reviews and has a lot of content to enjoy.

@Archangel3371 said:

I watched the Gamespot video review. Excellent stuff. This game looks awesome and sounds HUGE. I'm really looking forward to picking this up next week. First I picked up Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, then Halo: The Master Chief Collection today, and next is Dragon Age Inquistion. I'll probably grab a couple more before Nov. is over. What a fantastic month this has been.

Agreed. We go through dry spells with a sprinkle here and there all year and the BAM, they hit us with a ton of anticipated games all at once.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#15  Edited By hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

Man I want to play this game. Loved the first one.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Dragon Age 2 got good reviews also and the game was shit. I'm not getting fooled again I'll pick Inquisition up in the bargain bin in 6 months.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19563 Posts

I'll wait for more player feedback. I mean, the first game got great reviews and turned out to be Bioware's most painfully boring game ever, so...I'm no entirely sold by these reviews.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@DigitalDame: awesome job!

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@Planeforger said:

I'll wait for more player feedback. I mean, the first game got great reviews and turned out to be Bioware's most painfully boring game ever, so...I'm no entirely sold by these reviews.

Yea, most big releases like this are automatically given a high score. Waiting on the codex review.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#20 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Dragon Age 2 is one thing but most people loved the first Dragon Age game. That game according to the majority deserved it's positive reviews. Full disclosure I haven't played DA2 yet so I can't comment.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19563 Posts

@firefox59 said:

@Planeforger said:

Dragon Age 2 is one thing but most people loved the first Dragon Age game. That game according to the majority deserved it's positive reviews. Full disclosure I haven't played DA2 yet so I can't comment.

Oh I know it was popular, but I just couldn't stand it. The dungeons were exceptionally poorly designed, the setting was as generic as its artstyle, Each section draaaaaagged for about 10 hours longer than it needed to, and every aspect of its design made me want to put it down and play Bioware's vastly superior fantasy RPG instead (Baldurs Gate 2).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

i really hope the story is good, and by the looks of it is

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@hxce said:

Man I want to play this game. Loved the first one.

ikr? my only gripe with the first one was combat. But the combat in this one looks pretty darn fantastic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Still bitter I see. When will you learn to accept reality?

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

I wish more developers would do this. Release review copies of the game early and left the press embargo a few days in advance. It shows that the developers really have confidence in their product.

Even if you are skeptical of the reviews its very refreshing when a developer takes the risk and lets reviews of their game come out early. To often we see devs release games they know are shitty or broken and release a bunch of hype trailers and keep the actually content a mystery. More transparency the better.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Last_Ride

@Diablo-B said:

I wish more developers would do this. Release review copies of the game early and left the press embargo a few days in advance. It shows that the developers really have confidence in their product.

Even if you are skeptical of the reviews its very refreshing when a developer takes the risk and lets reviews of their game come out early. To often we see devs release games they know are shitty or broken and release a bunch of hype trailers and keep the actually content a mystery. More transparency the better.

I totally agree with that sentiment. Last of Us was a perfect example of this

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i cant wait the first big deep and gorgeous next gen WRPG

CharlesKnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CharlesKnox
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Its true that quality of a game can't be measured in terms of quantity, that number is still significant. The Dragon Age inquisition's are opening lore-maelstrom threatens to fill fear inside you.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride

@CTR360 said:

i cant wait the first big deep and gorgeous next gen WRPG

Well this is it mate

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kakamoura
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

Why is anyone hyped for this?

They haven't made a good game in like 10 years. Dragon Age 2 and Mass effect 3 were probably the worst hyped up disasters I've witnessed.

People have the memory of a gold-fish I guess.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kakamoura

@Diablo-B said:

There's absolutely no risk involved.

Giving early review copies to reviewers is basically a marketing tool nowadays.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Does this game play like skryim , or like world of warcraft?

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

@kakamoura said:

@Diablo-B said:

There's absolutely no risk involved.

Giving early review copies to reviewers is basically a marketing tool nowadays.

There is a risk involved. If reviewers like your game then you get a stream of positive press that holds more weight then just trailers. However, if your game is bad it can drastically impact your sales. A lot of mediocre games sell well not because they are good but because they create enough marketing buzz to have a strong first week lunch.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@kakamoura said:

They haven't made a good game in like 10 years. Dragon Age 2 and Mass effect 3 were probably the worst hyped up disasters I've witnessed.

Mass Effect 3 was amazing, even though i might have issues with the ending. Dragon Age 2, is great but not amazing. How about Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Star Wars The Old Republic, Dragon Age Origins

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@kakamoura said:

Mass Effect 3 was amazing, even though i might have issues with the ending. Dragon Age 2, is great but not amazing. How about Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Star Wars The Old Republic, Dragon Age Origins

I agree here with Ride despite the relationship nonsense and the ending ME3 and the series was some of the better games that year.

So they have made a fair amount of great games in the last 10 years.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@kakamoura said:

I agree here with Ride despite the relationship nonsense and the ending ME3 and the series was some of the better games that year.

So they have made a fair amount of great games in the last 10 years.

i mean saying they haven't made good games in 10 years is ignorant

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kakamoura

@The_Last_Ride said:

@kakamoura said:

Mass Effect 3's ending was the least of its problems.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Last_Ride

@kakamoura said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@kakamoura said:

Please elaborate

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kakamoura

@The_Last_Ride said:

@kakamoura said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@kakamoura said:

Please elaborate

I'd have to write for hours on end.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Last_Ride

@kakamoura: You're making an argument that ME3 sucked, why? The story had some of the most emotional moments in the series