Dragon Age: Inquisition and why I just shit my pants!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

markcuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Edited By markcuff
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Just a short message to share this user created trailer that I just came across while searching for videos on Bioware's upcoming Octoper 7th release, Dragon Age Inquisition. It's got me even more pumped about the upcoming RPG. Enjoy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072abf2e969
deactivated-5c072abf2e969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c072abf2e969
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

I wasn't a fan of the combat in the previous two games, but this combat looks different...and better.

Quite excited for it, I am a huge Mass Effect fan.

markcuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 markcuff

@Glutenbob: Me too. Mass Effect is my all time favorite game series. Took the top spot in my books after Final Fantasy lost its mind. lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Some co-op would be nice. :)

Gannon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Gannon27
Member since 2014 • 103 Posts

Yeh, I have been following this game closely. Awesome trailer, very well done.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@Glutenbob said:

I wasn't a fan of the combat in the previous two games, but this combat looks different...and better.

Quite excited for it, I am a huge Mass Effect fan.

Likewise. Origins combat sucked. DA 2 looks better but the recycled maps and forced homosexuality deterred me from playing it. Inquisitions looks to be actually good.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

I loved the first two games and this one looks amazing as well. Oct. 7th can't come soon enough.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I am careful with Bioware games at this time.

The only reason that I got MA3 day one was because of DA2. ME2 story and weaken RPG game play did little to impress me.

It will need to do more to impress me enough so I would get it day one.

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By BlackGenjii
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

@wiouds said:

The only reason that I got MA3 day one was because of DA2. ME2 story and weaken RPG game play did little to impress me.

I too was disappointed by Mass Effect 2 and its weak RPG gameplay.

But, at least the first Mass Effect is good... and so good it is.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@ BlackGenjii

Theres no such thing as "RPG Gameplay". Mostly because actuall gameplay has zero effect on the quality of Role Playing. I mean this is the genre that Predates video gaming all together.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are the perfect examples of this phenomenon between Role Playing and Actual Gameplay.

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By BlackGenjii
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ BlackGenjii

Mostly because actuall gameplay has zero effect on the quality of Role Playing. I mean this is the genre that Predates video gaming all together.

And looooong before it was a genre, couples were doing it with each other... and still are.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

@ BlackGenjii

Role Playing at its Finest ! :D.

Could you imagine how quickly things would go south if you included the rest of the Role Playing Elements.... Like Grinding to level up ! XD ! ! !

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wiouds
@BlackGenjii said:

@wiouds said:

I too was disappointed by Mass Effect 2 and its weak RPG gameplay.

But, at least the first Mass Effect is good... and so good it is.

My point is that for me Bioware went from a company that makes great games to a company that can make great games.

For example downgrade most of the game play from ME1 to ME2. Also, most of their stories follow the same pattern and is very segmented. I find interactive stories to be one of the worse things to happen to RPG.

My point is that they need to some me more before I am impressed.

Then again RPG seem to be the safest genre when it comes to getting a good game. At their worse, most RPG are top tier beat'en up.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ wiouds

I don't understand... You think The Gameplay from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2 was a downgade ?

Anyway I think its the Other way around, I think its the Role Playing to be one of the worst things to happen to Interactive Stories. But if we were to meet in the middle then we can't just say they don't work together, they are inversly proportionate.

And lastly isn't good gameplay an important factor of determining the quality of a game ? If so then consider the quality of gameplay of most RPGs, Mass Effect 1 being the obvious example. It's say that it isn't a good game.... But it is a good RPG, since gameplay has no effect on the Role Playing Experience.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

This is one of those games that never should have been made because Bioware uses it to push their liberal sex agenda :)

markcuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 markcuff

I'm most certainly glad Bioware is around to create games that, as you put it, "Push their liberal sex agenda". It's about time the gaming industry caught up to the rest of the world in realizing that there ore other demographics out there playing video games than just white, straight males and its about time they were represented. Time to get with the times. Don't think it should have been made, than don't buy it, plain and simple.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiouds

@markcuff said:

I'm most certainly glad Bioware is around to create games that, as you put it, "Push their liberal sex agenda". It's about time the gaming industry caught up to the rest of the world in realizing that there ore other demographics out there playing video games than just white, straight males and its about time they were represented. Time to get with the times. Don't think it should have been made, than don't buy it, plain and simple.

That right as long as Bioware is being insensitive **** only to the majority then they should be praised.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@markcuff said:

Yep, never have and never will buy a Dragons Age game, those games are not worth it

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I really liked Origins but haven't played DA: 2(lucky me? :P)

I certainly want to play Inquisition, it looks something that can be really epic if delivered correctly. Bioware has made mistakes but I don't forget that they also gave us games like DA: Origins and the Mass Effect trilogy.

On a sidenote, I'm wondering how important previous games will be in Inquisition and whether imported saves will have true significance.