Dragon Age get's multiplayer

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -
Loading Video...

It seems to work in the same way as ME 3 multiplayer worked. Being co-op and its own mode and actually helping the singleplayer experience

#2 Posted by mastermetal777 (2494 posts) -

I have...mixed feelings. While I felt the ME3 multiplayer was tacked-on and shouldn't have been necessary for the "good" ending of the game, it is incredibly fun and has a well-thought out sense of progression and battle pacing. I think it will be the same thing for this game, so again, mixed feelings.

#3 Posted by pyro1245 (1079 posts) -

Sounds cool. Separate from the SP. MP in BioWare games really isn't my thing but who knows, I might check it out after I finish the SP.

#4 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (633 posts) -

lol, you guys have no idea how much this pisses me off and i still haven't played me3 or da1.

any dev that moves resources from single-player to multi in a supposed-"rpg" loses my respect immediately. auto-reject and screeww u.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@udubdawgz1 said:

lol, you guys have no idea how much this pisses me off and i still haven't played me3 or da1.

any dev that moves resources from single-player to multi in a supposed-"rpg" loses my respect immediately. auto-reject and screeww u.

so you basicly don't like stuff you haven't even tried yet? Tomb Raider was a tacked on multiplayer, it wasn't for ME 3. It had a purpose and helped the singleplayer

#6 Edited by udUbdaWgz1 (633 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: you're half right: i don't consider anything multiplayer. ever and never will, unless, for fun and free.

if it's multiplayer, online crap, whatever, YES, i'm hating on things i "haven't even tried yet." absolutely. where can i sign up?

though, DESPISE, is the best word. "tacked-on" means nothing to me, since, i only judge games by their single-player content.

i am NOT disrespecting those who like the idiot juvenile simpleton stuff that makes up multi-player, but, am simply highlighting single-player superiority.

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@udubdawgz1 said:

@The_Last_Ride: you're half right: i don't consider anything multiplayer. ever and never will, unless, for fun and free.

if it's multiplayer, online crap, whatever, YES, i'm hating on things i "haven't even tried yet." absolutely. where can i sign up?

though, DESPISE, is the best word. "tacked-on" means nothing to me, since, i only judge games by their single-player content.

i am NOT disrespecting those who like the idiot juvenile simpleton stuff that makes up multi-player, but, am simply highlighting single-player superiority.

just because you like singleplayer like me, doesn't mean multiplayer isn't fun.

#8 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9936 posts) -

@udubdawgz1 said:

Wow.

#9 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

say what.......

#10 Edited by udUbdaWgz1 (633 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: fun is exactly why i don't want my single-player resources being siphoned by multi that i will never play.

hey, speedfreak- shove that "wow." multiplayer gamers need to stay in their pen.

the era of forced multi can blank-OFF.

#11 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19276 posts) -

Anything to sell people microtransactions. Stay classy EA.

#12 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9936 posts) -

@udubdawgz1 said:

@The_Last_Ride: fun is exactly why i don't want my single-player resources being siphoned by multi that i will never play.

hey, speedfreak- shove that "wow." multiplayer gamers need to stay in their pen.

Stay classy udubdawgz1

#13 Posted by marcheegsr (3017 posts) -

This game really didn't need multiplayer. Sigh.

#14 Edited by Archangel3371 (16472 posts) -

This is great news. I loved Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and spent a ton of time playing it so I can't wait to play mp in Dragon Age Inquisition.

#15 Edited by Planeforger (16392 posts) -

Why can't they just implement the co-op multiplayer that was supposed to be the main focus of the original Dragon Age game?

For reference, here's their official FAQ from when Dragon Age was winning E3 awards back in 2004...

"Dragon Age will have a fully developed multi-player campaign that follows the same core story as the single-player campaign, but which is optimized for cooperative play. Some competitive play modes will also be available. More information on multiplayer will be made available later in the development cycle."

#16 Edited by mastermetal777 (2494 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Everything in the multiplayer will be free, actually.

#17 Edited by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@udubdawgz1 said:

then just don't play it and stop complaining

#18 Edited by Bigboi500 (31638 posts) -

Cool. Don't know if I'll play it or not though. SP campaign is what I'm interested in.

#19 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Cool. Don't know if I'll play it or not though. SP campaign is what I'm interested in.

it's a seperate mode and you don't have to play it in order for you to enjoy the game

#20 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19058 posts) -

Its About Damn Time ! ! !

#21 Posted by firefox59 (4522 posts) -
@marcheegsr said:

This game really didn't need multiplayer. Sigh.

It isn't whether or not the game needed it. Developers are doing whatever they can to get gamers to keep their games and not sell them back. Some people will completely ignore it and that's fine, but for others it will allow them to get more content and gameplay out of the game. It also worked so well with ME3 so EA figured it was a good idea.

#22 Posted by Ish_basic (4155 posts) -

Sounds fun. Would be nice if co-op was in the single player. Divinity: OS shows how fun a co-op RPG can be. Being able to split control with a friend allows for some really fun tactical options in combat. Oh well.

#23 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

what do you mean?

#24 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9936 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

what do you mean?

Lulu_Lulu likes co-op. A lot.

#25 Posted by johnd13 (8554 posts) -

Not really interested in it. I'll probably stick to single player.

#26 Posted by fanshere (25 posts) -

Cool, It sounds so nice. I am interested.

#27 Posted by Byshop (13398 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

" Dragon Age get's multiplayer"

" Diablo 3 get's an "honest" trailer"

"Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 5 get's a release date"

I don't think the TC "get's" how apostrophes work.

Regarding the multiplayer, I’m pretty indifferent. I don’t mind a decent co-op mode being incorporated into a game provided they don’t ruin the single player mechanics by adding it (i.e. RE5).

-Byshop

#28 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19058 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride

I was actually hoping for more competitive multiplayer.

#29 Posted by CrimsonBrute (24074 posts) -

Dragon Age get's multiplayer

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/818/257/804.gif

#30 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3359 posts) -

GTFO EA and Bioware.MP and microtransactions have no business in a SP RPG.I will not be buying this.

Witcher 3 ftw.

#31 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@Byshop: nope they don't, it can help the singleplayer. But you don't have to play it

#32 Posted by firefox59 (4522 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

GTFO EA and Bioware.MP and microtransactions have no business in a SP RPG.I will not be buying this.

Witcher 3 ftw.

Well than it's a good thing Dragon Age 3 won't have any microtransactions.

#33 Posted by mastermetal777 (2494 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr: They've said numerous times that there will be no microtransactions in the multiplayer. Every update to that mode will be free, much like it was in ME3.

#34 Edited by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@firefox59: it will, EA has stated all their games will have them

#35 Posted by MedaFaded (177 posts) -

@udubdawgz1: Dude! You should get over your self, and play those games both, so you can give a real opinion, not just a stuck in my way answer. They are both Great games, especially DA: O. I agree, I hated that my single player experience was adding on multiplayer, but it really does not change the single player experience it just adds to the game once you are completed, when you have nothing else to do.

#36 Posted by Blueresident87 (5345 posts) -

I'm not all that interested in this game in the first place, but this doesn't make me any more interested. Less so maybe; I've seen what can happen to a game/franchise when multiplayer is added for no reason whatsoever. Maybe multiplayer isn't the sole reason why Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 were both a complete let down, but it certainly might not be pure coincidence either. I'm just not interested in this trend and I won't support it.

I'm still not planning to buy any games until the Witcher 3 comes out.

#37 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@Blueresident87 said:

I'm not all that interested in this game in the first place, but this doesn't make me any more interested. Less so maybe; I've seen what can happen to a game/franchise when multiplayer is added for no reason whatsoever. Maybe multiplayer isn't the sole reason why Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 were both a complete let down, but it certainly might not be pure coincidence either. I'm just not interested in this trend and I won't support it.

I'm still not planning to buy any games until the Witcher 3 comes out.

Well it's only coop, so i don't really mind

#38 Posted by firefox59 (4522 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

There is a difference between being able to purchase things and microtransations. This doesn't affect the gameplay at all, just like with ME3. Unlike most F2P games.

#39 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

There is a difference between being able to purchase things and microtransations. This doesn't affect the gameplay at all, just like with ME3. Unlike most F2P games.

true, but you will most likely buy stuff that helps your character like ME 3