Don't Give Up on PS3 and Xbox 360 Just Yet

#1 Edited by GameSpot (900109 posts) -

This year's Electronic Entertainment Expo made one thing perfectly clear: There are a lot of great-looking games on their way to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2015. There will come a time when you'll have to buy a new console if you want to keep up with new releases, but for now, there are lots of excuses to avoid the inevitable and hang on to your PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. [ Read More ]

If you want to get a birds eye view of everything that's coming to last-gen consoles, check out our PlayStation 3 2014 Games Release List and our Xbox 360 2014 Games Release List.

Are you holding onto your Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for the foreseeable future, or are you ready to trade them in towards a next-gen upgrade? Let us know!

#2 Posted by Allicrombie (25237 posts) -

first =P i have a ps4 but I still play my ps3 way more

#3 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25773 posts) -

Sticking with PS3 until Bloodborne is purchasable.

#4 Posted by Archangel3371 (15746 posts) -

I have an Xbox One and love it. I'm mostly play on that now but I still have my 360 and PS3 to play the odd game or two that isn't on the XO.

#5 Posted by Bigboi500 (30087 posts) -

Keep all my old consoles and most of them are still hooked up. I have a PS4 and Wii U, and plan on getting a Xbox One down the road. Overall I play my PS3 the most to this day.

#6 Posted by Postosuchus (176 posts) -

I hope they drop the price on these machines some more. I've been looking to buy a ps3 to experience some of those console exclusives that were missed, but $250+ dollars is a ridiculous price for such old hardware, especially since the new ones are just $150 more.

#7 Posted by mastermetal777 (1717 posts) -

Waiting until Bloodborne, The Witness, and Uncharted 4 are all available so I can get a PS4.

#8 Posted by thehig1 (2306 posts) -

My 360 is only still hooked up because I'm too lazy to cancel Xbox Live

#9 Posted by Behardy24 (4640 posts) -

Keeping the old consoles around until I've played everything I have wanted to play.

#10 Posted by CTR360 (7112 posts) -

i buy tales of xillia 2 and tales of zestyria and kindoms hearts 2.5 for ps3 and ori and the blind forest and borderlands pre sequel for 360 i keep my ps3 and xbox360 of course

#11 Posted by yukushi (175 posts) -

I think I gave up too quickly, sold my ps3 and now all the videos and music that I had on the ps3 dont work on the ps4.

#12 Edited by Macutchi (4143 posts) -

i still haven't seen *that game* that makes me think i need to get a new console yet. in the meantime i've got the pc for my modern gaming fix

#13 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

I still have an insane PS3 backlog from PS+ that's gonna help during the next - gen blues (half-assed multi-gen releases, long game droughts). I definitely think it's worth keeping your old systems, at least until the new machines mature a little.

#14 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72446 posts) -

@Allicrombie: Same here, the only games i play on my PS4 are Watch Dogs and Resogun

#15 Edited by HipHopBeats (2904 posts) -

I have no plans on abandoning my PS3 anytime soon. In fact I'm planning on upgrading the HD. Still too many great games left to play or revisit. Plus next gen has no system selling games for me just yet. And even then I still would not trade in my PS3 when I go next gen.

#16 Posted by nechiken (93 posts) -

I have no plan on selling my ps3. I still have my ps2 and there are STILL games I want to play on that thing. I won't even consider getting a ps4 until its library proves to be larger and have more variety than the ps3s.

I'll probably just skip this generation entirely and wait for a more impressive hardware upgrade.

#17 Posted by CTR360 (7112 posts) -

i am busy with my ps3 and xbox 360 i have a loot games on my list

#18 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9058 posts) -

yeah those consoles can wait. Wii U has a lot out already and a bunch more to offer this year (Pikmin 3 and DK tropical Freeze are a couple of the most finely crafted games in existance with easily well over 50 hours of content each. I'm still playing both constantly). With that console and the back log available on PS3, there's really no substantial reason to buy PS4 or Xbox One any time soon.

#19 Posted by Senor_Kami (8428 posts) -

All of the games I want to play that have a release date/window are available on PS3/360. It's been a terrible year for the new consoles imo. There are no games in genres that I care about (fighters, RPGs, character action) coming in there first year and possibly first two years. So glad I waited. They might drop to $349 or $299 before they finally get 5 games I'd want to play.