Does Bioshock Infinite get better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

I'm about an hour and a half into Bioshock Infinite, and I'm wondering, does it get better? I was a huge fan of Bioshock 1 and 2, but so far this has been boring as hell. Also, the graphics look like a PS2 game. I'm not getting the hype thus far.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

No, it doesn't.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@david61983 said:

I'm about an hour and a half into Bioshock Infinite, and I'm wondering, does it get better? I was a huge fan of Bioshock 1 and 2, but so far this has been boring as hell. Also, the graphics look like a PS2 game. I'm not getting the hype thus far.

If you didn´t like the first 1½hour then no it wont get better.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If you're in it for the gameplay then stop, just stop. A Pretty man like you has better things he can be doing than putting up with that trainwreck.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

The first hour is as good as the game gets. I'm afraid it's all downhill from there.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

so is Bioshock Infinite liter on combat than most fps?

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Gameplay-wise, no. It's the same. If you're bored, lower the difficulty and breeze through it for the ending.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

This sounds like trolling, but I'll answer anyway. If you're really only an hour and a half into it, then you've only been through a few small skirmishes with enemies, unless you're ignoring the scenery and just trying to fly through it. Not all the fire-fights are that interesting, but that goes for any FPS, including the first 2 BioShocks. And looks like a PS2 game? Are you kidding me? I think the game gets quite interesting as it progresses, but if you truly are bored then I'm not sure if I can answer your questions from your perspective. But what I don't get is why people ask this type of question. The only way to truly find out is to keep playing the game. And if you feel like you've really had enough, then stop.

DenzelFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DenzelFreeman
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

The story line picks up and is actually really good but the gameplay continues to be repetitive and the missions seem useless at points.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

If you don't like what you've played so far you wont like the rest of the game. Personally I thought Infinite was the best in the series in terms of gameplay, but the storyline was just complete nonsense to me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I loved it from the beginning, so if you're not enjoying it, don't play it.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

It's not the kind of game you can approach expecting a good FPS experience, it's a game where story and setting are dominant.

I wouldn't play it on hard, enemies are twitchy bullet sponges and nonsensically, your ammo supply is always irritatingly short. People say it's intentional, but then you wonder why you can break this by stocking up in the middle of a fight at a vendor.

This always happens with developers and it infuriates me. When they can't seem to improve what's essentially the most important part of the game (hell, I wouldn't complain if it was as in depth as System Shock 2, but it's not) - the combat! Same with Skyrim. Do I not understand development? Is combat genuinely hard and time consuming to get right!?

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

It really seemed like another Dishonored (which I loved) when I first started playing, but it has been awful. I think I will give it a rest.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

I never got past the half way point, story and good visuals isnt enough to keep me entertained if the gameplay sucks... which imo it did... combat just bored the hell out of me.

Zjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Zjun
Member since 2013 • 147 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@david61983 said:

If you didn´t like the first 1½hour then no it wont get better.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

No. If anything it just gets worse since the narrative just gets thrown out the window and the writers just start pulling stuff out their ass.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@cyborg100000 said:

it's a game where story and setting are dominant.

But the story doesn't bother to properly explore any of the themes it brings up, instead it just abandons them almost immediately and spends 90% of the game on fetch quests where Booker runs around screaming "I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT I JUST WANT THE THING" while whatever the current villain is harasses him on the intercom.

Then there's the setting, which you aren't allowed to interact with in any meaningful way at all.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

@david61983: I loved it beginning to end.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@david61983 said:

It really seemed like another Dishonored (which I loved) when I first started playing, but it has been awful. I think I will give it a rest.

The game does start out slow but the combat does get better. While it is still nothing like the first two games, once you get a couple vigors and the hook thing the combat becomes more fun. Struggle through it for the environment and story. There are a lot of intricacies buried in that game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I cant stand bioshock infinite the game is so boring in everyway.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

@cyborg100000 said:

It's not the kind of game you can approach expecting a good FPS experience, it's a game where story and setting are dominant.

I can agree and disagree here. Once I went into the options and changed the controller settings to something more akin to CoD (since honestly I do believe that ADS works best with the left trigger), I started to enjoy the game so much more. The skyrails and arena-like battlegrounds, those were awesome as well. It actually tested my wits and proved quite difficult sometimes until I fiddled around with the right vigor combinations.

...But I'm gonna have to say, the story is absolute balls. Lots of interesting concepts in the beginning but none of them are expanded or well-rounded, rather they're abandoned completely and the plot just goes bananas. Also nearing the end I was caught between thinking that the developers were intentionally fucking with me as a joke, or if they really did just have each individual with their head up their own ass.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

one could say it gets worse. i found the game to get tedious. I actually was interested in the first few moments of the game when you arive there.

Some people like this game, but I can't see why. I didn't love the first Bioshock but if i had to play it or this, i would choose it, even though its older... its world felt very real and scary. this game felt cartoonish, and fake.

if you already are disliking this game only just started, just quit now and play something else.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Yes, it gets better. Keep with it, the payoff is worth the time investment.

Also, haters gonna hate.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Basinboy said:

Yes, it gets better. Keep with it, the payoff is worth the time investment.

Also, haters gonna hate.