Does anyone remember that strange truck in Pokemon Red/Blue?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I was just thinking about it today. Remember that strange truck that was by the SS Anne in those Pokemon games? What the hell was that truck there for? I remember I spent a long time trying to use every HM I had on the truck, from every single angle, but nothing worked. I heard a Mew was in the truck but I never got it.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
That Mew stuff was a bunch of crap. I have no idea what the truck was for, though.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Decoration.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Yeah the whole "white out on the SS Anne, then go get strength" or whatever rumor never came true. Ahh, I miss the good ole' days of Pokemon.
Dwarfeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dwarfeater
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts
Yeah, I remember trying to get Mew from there after a friend told me about it but it never would work.
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#6 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts

I remember hearing that you needed to have a Squirtle that knew Strength in order to move that truck.

But anyhow I've completed Pokemon Red with the S.S. Anne still docked.

JonRup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JonRup
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

^Lol, same. I tried so many different ways to get that darn truck to move, but I was young and gullible. I don't know why the truck was even there.......

I also remember a rumor saying if you played over 100 hours in Pokemon the SS Anne would return and after you make it depart again, the truck would be moveable. Of course, that didn't work... :P

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

Yeah the whole "white out on the SS Anne, then go get strength" or whatever rumor never came true. Ahh, I miss the good ole' days of Pokemon.Funkyhamster
lol :lol: i actually managed to lose at pokemon blue.

somehow i left the S.S. Anne enough times by walking off the boat.

And I never got the HM.

the S.S. Anne actually left before i got it and i was ****ed

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts
I also remember trying to catch a Mew by that truck but it never worked for me either.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
Was the truck not in Yellow? Because I don't recall ever seeing it and I've played through it numerous times in recent years.
Tovanaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tovanaar
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/mewglitch.html

is supposed to work :p haven't tried it tho

rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts

Tovanaar

Yeah, it works, I've done it on Yellow :)

Dwarfeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dwarfeater
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts

Check this video out. Leave it to Nintendo to place a truck in FR/LG that no one can get to unless they cheat. It is pretty funny though that they decided to put it here and it would only matter to avid Pokemon fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcX_cZ7Tm3A&feature=related

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
[QUOTE="Tovanaar"]

rb2610

Yea, that glitch helps alot. I was able to get my Elite 4 team from using the glitch before getting my 3rd badge. Neevr thought I'd catch wild Mews, Gengars, Blastoises, and you name it.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
[QUOTE="rb2610"][QUOTE="Tovanaar"]

Squire_Ramza

Yea, that glitch helps alot. I was able to get my Elite 4 team from using the glitch before getting my 3rd badge. Neevr thought I'd catch wild Mews, Gengars, Blastoises, and you name it.

Too bad there wasn't a Celebi glitch or a Jirachi glitch.

fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
so wait....how were u supposed to get mew? i gave up on the truck thing.....the rumor told me to wait til u have 120 hours of gameplay then check under the truck (i just left the game on the N64)...didn't work, so i gave in and used a gameshark for mew so...could u really catch mew in red/blue without a gameshark?
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

Apparently in the Japanese Pkm Green/Red, you would be able to get Mew after completing your Pokedex. They removed it for the US release.

I mean, I dont know why they would put a Pokemon in the game that was impossible to attain unless you used a very risky glitch to get it.

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Squire_Ramza

so wait....how were u supposed to get mew? i gave up on the truck thing.....the rumor told me to wait til u have 120 hours of gameplay then check under the truck (i just left the game on the N64)...didn't work, so i gave in and used a gameshark for mew so...could u really catch mew in red/blue without a gameshark?fiercedeity901

Yep, there was a glitch that let you capture Mew as well as any of the other 151 original pokemon in the game. It involves trainers and pokemon properties. i'm not gonna go into it but it's really to learn and understand.

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Squire_Ramza

Apparently in the Japanese Pkm Green/Red, you would be able to get Mew after completing your Pokedex. They removed it for the US release.

I mean, I dont know why they would put a Pokemon in the game that was impossible to attain unless you used a very risky glitch to get it.

helium_flash

The glitch as absolutely no risk as long as you don't perform certain actions before it ends.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
[QUOTE="helium_flash"]

Squire_Ramza

The glitch as absolutely no risk as long as you don't perform certain actions before it ends.

Too bad there aren't any recent glitches. Do the Fire Red/ Leaf Green glitches work?
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Squire_Ramza
[QUOTE="Squire_Ramza"][QUOTE="helium_flash"]

helium_flash

Too bad there aren't any recent glitches. Do the Fire Red/ Leaf Green glitches work?

As far as I know there aren't any glitches for LG/FR. There was a glitch for Diamond and Pearl however that let you catch Giratina and I think even Darkrai before you beat the Elite Four but it was only in a few prints of the japanese realease I believe and was later taken out.

Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts

I remember hearing that you needed to have a Squirtle that knew Strength in order to move that truck.

HillyBilly
Haha I love how almost everyone here knows about this truck haha.. the rumour I heard was to get a level 99 Machamp with strength.. man those programmers really thought of it all.
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Squire_Ramza
[QUOTE="HillyBilly"]

Candy-Star

Haha I love how almost everyone here knows about this truck haha.. the rumour I heard was to get a level 99 Machamp with strength.. man those programmers really thought of it all.

Most of those weren't spread by programmers. Just people who knew how gullible kids were when it came to pokemon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I recall getting to that truck in Pokemon Blue,although nobody ever told me anything like it was possible to get Mew; it was more of a "hey,look what you can do!" sort of thing.
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="Candy-Star"][QUOTE="HillyBilly"]

Squire_Ramza

Most of those weren't spread by programmers. Just people who knew how gullible kids were when it came to pokemon.

No I meant the part about surfing into that area later by purposely losing to Gary.. like they knew people would think of this and added a mysterious truck there.
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Squire_Ramza
[QUOTE="Squire_Ramza"][QUOTE="Candy-Star"][QUOTE="HillyBilly"]

Candy-Star

No I meant the part about surfing into that area later by purposely losing to Gary.. like they knew people would think of this and added a mysterious truck there.

You don't have to lose to Gary to comeback, you just can't help the captain so you'd have to trade over a pokemon that knew cut instead because you'd never be able to get the HM

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I got pissed off when I didn't get a Mew after all the trouble to see the truck.