Does anyone here play Minecraft?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wavey_gravey (11155 posts) -

Might be in wrong forum so soz. don't usually make topics.

I was just wondering if anyone plays Minecraft? It seems to be my go to game at the moment when I can't be bothered with the rage inducing shooters I play or any of my RPGs. I resisted purchasing the game for a long time because I didn't think I would like it, but I eventually caved when the xbox version came out and haven't looked back since. A couple of months ago I purchased the PC version and I am addicted. I play on an online server which is a lot of fun, and I also have a couple of my own worlds, creative and survival.

I just love building stuff.

Anyone else, or am I forever alone.:cry:

#2 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

I do too and have handled it for a long time like you, just that I started on the PC.

And yeah well, there IS a MineCraft Forum, but it's dead unless you don't want to use GameFAQ's.

But I'm not a great MineCraft Online Player, sorry ;(

#3 Posted by ristactionjakso (5630 posts) -

I am absolutely addicted to it right now. Ive got treeforts overlooking my gigantic castle and each tree house has secret (not so secret anymore) escape routs that lead outside the castle to my secret (yes secret) batcave. Im pretty pleased with my very first world.

Only probem is I have 360 and no gold account.

#4 Posted by LordTrexGuy (458 posts) -

Almost everyone here plays it except me, due to my 2.4Ghz P4 with 1GB RAM and Geforce 6200 512mb.

#5 Posted by wavey_gravey (11155 posts) -

I am absolutely addicted to it right now. Ive got treeforts overlooking my gigantic castle and each tree house has secret (not so secret anymore) escape routs that lead outside the castle to my secret (yes secret) batcave. Im pretty pleased with my very first world.

ristactionjakso
:lol: I started on the xbox version, but at the moment am addicted to PC. You can do so much more on there & with the addition of texture packs, everything looks amazing (athough I do think that Minecraft has its own beauty TBH) It is addictive isn't it!
#6 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

wavey_gravey

:lol: I started on the xbox version, but at the moment am addicted to PC. (1:) You can do so much more on there & with the addition of texture packs, everything looks amazing ( (2:) athough I do think that Minecraft has its own beauty TBH) (3:) It is addictive isn't it!

1. Yup
2. Yup
3. HELL Yup

#7 Posted by ristactionjakso (5630 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

wavey_gravey

:lol: I started on the xbox version, but at the moment am addicted to PC. You can do so much more on there & with the addition of texture packs, everything looks amazing (athough I do think that Minecraft has its own beauty TBH) It is addictive isn't it!

SO ADDICTIVE!!!! Once I think im done bulding a fort, I find something I can do to it.....then that leads to a underground tunnel, which leads to a underground city, underneath my castle. Then I place a well in my castle, only to find that it leads to a underground river which leads to another underground tunnel/cavern, which leads me to build more underground cities........I good miner's job is never done.

#8 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

I do but I kind of miss the days of being a noob to the game. That feeling of first making your first house/cave system, that feeling of fending for yourself during your first night, the feeling of finding diamonds for the first time, that feeling of not knowing what the hell you were doing and then slowly discovering just how to craft things and how the world works, that feeling of leaving your home to explore more of the world? Those were amazing feelings that I don't think any game will ever give me ever again; not even Minecraft anymore.

Sad that being a noob is short lived; once you get the basics of the game down you start improving and becoming somewhat of an expert or at least having decent knowledge of the game. This is a game where I seriously wish I had no idea what I was doing 24/7.

#9 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

I do but I kind of miss the days of being a noob to the game. That feeling of first making your first house/cave system, that feeling of fending for yourself during your first night, the feeling of finding diamonds for the first time, that feeling of not knowing what the hell you were doing and then slowly discovering just how to craft things and how the world works, that feeling of leaving your home to explore more of the world? Those were amazing feelings that I don't think any game will ever give me ever again; not even Minecraft anymore.

Sad that being a noob is short lived; once you get the basics of the game down you start improving and becoming somewhat of an expert or at least having decent knowledge of the game. This is a game where I seriously wish I had no idea what I was doing 24/7.

Goyoshi12

This! So much THIS!

#10 Posted by wavey_gravey (11155 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Justforvisit

This! So much THIS!

Yeah I totally agree with you on this. At the moment I am in creative mode, I am just enjoying building stuff. More complicated and better looking. Since installing the HD texture pack (John Smith) I have become more focussed on building better looking stuff.

The swamp biome looks particularly great in this texture pack.

Swamp

#11 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

Almost everyone here plays it except me, due to my 2.4Ghz P4 with 1GB RAM and Geforce 6200 512mb.

LordTrexGuy
Put in a 7800GT for 20 bucks, install optifine and you can probably play it np on lower settings.
#12 Posted by LordTrexGuy (458 posts) -

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"]

PetJel

Put in a 7800GT for 20 bucks, install optifine and you can probably play it np on lower settings.

My dad happens to have a 9500GT, but he thinks its too cool for my PC.

#13 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

I do but rarely.