Does anyone else still play Skyrim?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts
It's closing in on the one year anniversary of TES: Skyrim. I got the game about a week after it came out, and enjoyed every second of it. On all of my characters, I have surpassed at least 300 hours. Just a few days ago, I made a new character, a Dark Elf mage build. As I've been playing through again, the game never seems to disappoint. Not many of my friends play skyrim anymore, which kind of angers me because of the games they do play (MW3, etc). So, does anyone else still play Skyrim? If so, what are your current character stats?
Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerZem"]It's closing in on the one year anniversary of TES: Skyrim. I got the game about a week after it came out, and enjoyed every second of it. On all of my characters, I have surpassed at least 300 hours. Just a few days ago, I made a new character, a Dark Elf mage build. As I've been playing through again, the game never seems to disappoint. Not many of my friends play skyrim anymore, which kind of angers me because of the games they do play (MW3, etc). So, does anyone else still play Skyrim? If so, what are your current character stats?

I do i still play it every now and then . Still a great game .
williebazerka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 williebazerka
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts
I have hundreds of hours in Skyrim without ever completing the campaign.Open world games are my favorite and I love to just walk around and explore and do whatever without really paying attention to the story.I did get bored after my first character was level 40 and stopped playing fow awhile than started up again.I did recently start a new character.A dark elf that I want to play stealth/thief type instead of my usual warrior kill em all.Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are the ones I will always play for years to come.
dAt1gUy415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dAt1gUy415
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Still play Skyrim every now and then. The game for me has come to a point where I'll only play it if I am bored of everything else. Great go to game, cause yes it never does dissapoint. Considering all the things you can do in this game I say its my favorite game of the year
renome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 renome
Member since 2012 • 50 Posts
Nope. I do still play Morrowind, though.
Disasterbate5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Disasterbate5k
Play ALL the Elder Scrolls games!! But yes. Skyrim along with Oblivion and Morrowind are my top shelf games. I actually just bought a second copy of Skyrim yesterday. My Xbox is currently not with me right now and I have to wait a few months before I got another one. But now that a PS3 has recently joined my collection, I have more games to buy. And not being able to play Skyrim is like a sentence to Hell.
thawkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thawkwing
I play it every day. I have started a new game about 25 times. I still love the game.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
I was playing it pretty actively two weeks ago, but then I got Persona 4 and now I'm spending all my time on that instead :P
hailthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hailthorn
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
I just began my first playthrough yesterday (thanks to my brother), and I've already got 14 hours on it. Fantastic game. I usually don't play a game like this, and I actually believe it's the fastest I've ever reached 10+ hours in a game. And that's saying something since I've disliked western RPGs for a very long time. I've always been more of a JRPG kind of guy.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

I haven't finished the game so I still play Skyrim every now and then

psdsoldier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 psdsoldier25
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts

I still play Skyrim occasionally. I really want to check out the new DLC content for the game but i have not had a chance due to work obligations. Not really interested in the Hearthfire pack as i am in the vampire DLC. Ive played through Skyrim 3 times and each individual time ive found locations or stuff i missed the previous time around. Definitely in my top 5 favorite RPG's....

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
I have it for the PS3 so of course I have issues XD I was lucky enough to have it run well for me though I guess the way I play makes it ok :P I don't particularly play it anymore though I have more fun with Oblivion. However they just announced they are "Close" to new "content" to be released on the PS3, if that is true, and it doesn't actually break the game I may go back to start a new assassin character :P If not, I'll be selling it shortly, and never buying products from or trusting Bethesda again. Not because they didn't release any content, but because of the way they handle the situation.
puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

I've only made 1 character but I really did everything I could in that playthrough and sunk about 190 hours into it. I might one day go through it again if I buy some DLC but since I play on the PS3 that may not be possible. Still an great game though.

Amorphis2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Amorphis2k
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I got my character up to about level 20 and then got bored and left it to play other games. I recently got sick and had about five days off work and on the first day I started a new game of Skyrim and I'm now up to lvl 26 and absolutely loving it!

Skyrim, without a doubt is the best game I have ever played in my life. Very big call for a 26 year old to make but I am so impressed with this game. If Bethesda ever come out with another game as good as this it would be unreal.

Purdicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Purdicus
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

Yes. I have 320+ hours with 1 PC, level 50-ish.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#16 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I still play it.
jerim007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jerim007
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I'm just starting it now

Vicky-dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Vicky-dragon
Member since 2007 • 220 Posts

I don't really play it anymore because there doesn't really seem to have a lot to do and since I have the PS3 version, I probably won't get the DLCs anytime. I just bored of Skyrim but might be because of the hype. I still get urges to play Oblivion though.

bmart970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 bmart970
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts

I'll start playing it more when Dragonborn comes out. I am somewhat angry with it because a major quest required for a Hearthfire house glitched out in my game, so it's gonna take some time to fix.

yummifullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yummifullz
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts
Just ordered a copy with a new rig, hell yes I'm going to be playing it! Skyrim is a savage wolf that's going to be devouring most of my freetime just like any other TES game!
kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

Yup, haven't had time to play it thanks to Black Ops 2, but I'll get back eventually, I always do.

Avatar image for ThatOneGamerGuy
ThatOneGamerGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ThatOneGamerGuy

Nope. I do still play Morrowind, though.renome

Brofist

A lot of people are talking about the DLC right now so I guess it's only fitting that be what I talk about I guess

Anyways most of the time Bethesda DLC isn't that great. Oblivion had KOTN and SI and a lot of small cheap dlc and that god damn horse armor. KOTN, for me, was pretty good because it made you explore area of the world most people usually avoid and it had that emphasis on digging stuff up yourself and tracking where to go. Shivering Isles felt a lot like Morrowind to me so that was good too but overall they just.. didn't really shine to me you know

Anyways I remember when Skyrim came out and my bro went to that fest where they had food and junk lol, ordered the limited edition collectors edition pack and stuff I think and gave me a spare copy. As usual, I logged in countless hours but it just doesn't click for me. Every month or so I might play again, same deal with all the older games but I've gotten back into playing Oblivion a lot now so by 2015 I should have 4,000+ hours on it since 2006

Avatar image for Scholar_Of_Time
Scholar_Of_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Scholar_Of_Time
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

I used to have a level 25 Imperial Spellbreaker...he had a lot of potential like the ability to eat magic, and has some nifty spells from mods.

Too bad one tiny update patch ruined the whole game for me...

So I'm going to start off as a Conjuring Archer and a trusty Cleric.

P.S. - Said spellbreaker never completed a single thu'um...not even the fus ro dah....

I was playing it pretty actively two weeks ago, but then I got Persona 4 and now I'm spending all my time on that instead :PNiKva

Everyday's great at your....Junes??

ArticRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 ArticRecon
Member since 2003 • 193 Posts
"Big call for a 26 yr old" I'm with ya at 32 ; )
mrmarrero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 mrmarrero
Member since 2007 • 343 Posts

eah, Skyrim never seems to get old tome. I'm always discovering new things and trying new builds... So, yes I still play.

kurtkumru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kurtkumru
Member since 2012 • 38 Posts

i played skyrim. i was not able to finish it fully though. only reached level 35. :(

i am having fun killing everything in my path. i LoLed a lot when i got hit by Giant's Club smash and my character flew so high. then i was dead. hahaha.

black_meg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 black_meg
Member since 2012 • 53 Posts
My boyfriend used to play Skyrim. It was his favourite game. Do you know what is similar to that? I'm wondering what to buy him for christmas :P
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
My boyfriend used to play Skyrim. It was his favourite game. Do you know what is similar to that? I'm wondering what to buy him for christmas :Pblack_meg
You could try oblivion it's within the same universe :P
Bayonetta2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bayonetta2013
Nope. Never have, never will. It's hard to suddenly transition between the world of Skyrim and Final Fantasy...but I can certainly appreciate the vast amount of exploration in Skyrim...just don't appreciate the gameplay or storyline.
bbbbkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bbbbkaiser
Skyrim is just to streamlined. You could be down syndrome and beat this game. Stevie Wonder could beat this game with no ears either. Oblivion still rules this series. You can add all the stupid DLC you want to Skyrim and it still isn't gonna get any more of my money - where are the oblivion gates????? in Skyrim anyways. I beat it. got every achievement, all the gems, all the priests, every dragon word, etc etc etc. I just never really felt like I was that excited or challenged by it. Borderlands 2 thats fkn challenging, Dark souls ( holy fk is that challenging - I still haven't beat it) I want to commit suicide sometimes over that game. :-}
bbbbkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bbbbkaiser
You should buy him a job, or something else to take his mind off gaming and be more focused on you.
black_meg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 black_meg
Member since 2012 • 53 Posts
He's got a job :P And i want to buy a game to play with him from time to time :P But i have no idea what should i buy.
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

I can't believe it has been a year already. I still have to beat it. :shock:

Subcarpati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Subcarpati
I think it took me a week to reach an end. The game was so cool, but the plot was so short and easy. So, no, I'm not playing it now.
Avatar image for DarKnightBetran
DarKnightBetran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DarKnightBetran
I used to play Skyrim. I made 3 different characters and finished each and every quest in the game (at least I think so xD). After finishing it I got tired of it while doing my 4th character. Then I moved onto Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Finished Origins thrice, DA2 twice, and all the Mass Effects 4 times. Now I'm just buying ME3 DLCs and trying those. I've also officially run out of RPG games I can get easily xD Anybody got some more I should play? Apart from The Witcher. black_meg you could buy him a Dragon Age game or Mass Effect 3. However Dragon Age is single-player and the only way to play Mass Effect 3 with him would be to buy another copy for yourself so you can play online with him. But sadly there aren't any RPG games similar to Skyrim that you can play WITH him. Or at least not any that you can buy anymore if they do/did exist. Oh and for reference if you didn't know Mass Effect is space age.
Amorphis2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Amorphis2k

I still play and enjoy playing Skyrim. I'm pretty close now to getting the platinum trophy so once I do I'll probably start playing something else but for now I'm still loving it!

georgeleus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 georgeleus
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I got bored of the increasingly poorer and faulty porting of console games for PC. So I bought a PS3 in November. My brother in law brought me Skyrim for Christmas. Since then, I can't remember having a good night sleep. The game is awesome ! I dunno why I didn't like Oblivion at it's time, from what I hear they both seem to resemble very much; probably I was still under the influence of Gothic 3. Then after I've tryed Arcania, all the Gothic universe went down the drain. Anyways, after I'll finish this one, I will most certain buy the 4th sequel (Oblivion). Even considered powering up the PC and trying Morrowind for a change :)
learningpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 learningpuppy
Haven't played in a little while. I lost faith in Bethesda when they stopped supporting it. I'm not on strike or anything but I just don't enjoy it as much anymore
Ameliahunter1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ameliahunter1
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I bought Skyrim a couple of months ago, but it was so slow on my PC -- I couldn't play it :((((((( I read many negative reviews and opinions, so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything or what...
tomoe-nage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tomoe-nage
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

300+ hours into single character and I switch between this and Fay Cry 3. Love to wander around

Alvoreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41 Alvoreth

Started playing it last week, still lv 12 with something like 15h of gameplay. Its really amazing... Its gonna be difficult for me as I like to see EVERY dialog, pickpocket every NPC, see every place, etc... In Skyrim, unlike the JRPGs that I play, I am foreseeing that this is going to be very time consuming. And I already gave up on reading every book =/ (There are lot of good ones among them!)

andrew13679

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 andrew13679
I just bought the game about a few weeks ago after Christmas. I love it, my other family members get mad at me when they want to watch t.v and I'm just sitting in front of a long wide screen with my eyes wide and black. O_O XD ................ I plan to buy other skyrim games considering I enjoy Elder scrolls V Sooooooo much. <3.... Because I can be a creep weirdo sometimes I wanted to play the game in a girl prespective when I finish about all the quests. Btw I heard rumors there is over 100.......... Lol game must've taken a while to develope. I have done almost all the daedric quests and I have to say I wish there was more. I'm gonna buy all the dlc's for elder scrolls V just to make the game longer, and they look freaking cool. I'm happy yet dissaponted I used the oghma infinum glitch to level up all my skills :/ I just wanted that daedric smithing yo! I play skyrim on the ps3. Too bad there isn't a online co op thing or something. But I've heard something about a elder scrolls online? Anyone care to explain it? Anyway I chose to be a nord, my character kinda looks like a old man, I joined the imperials. I am a werewolf. FTW! ..... I got bored for like 5 minutes after getting tired of doing animal extermination quests for Aela the huntress. Funny thing is I married Ysolda who sooo many people do, but I married her right off the bat, lol. Smart move for making some coin if your not dumb -_- I would love to see another skyrim game, that or a crapton of new dlc's lol.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I played it for about a month after I first got it, and picked it up again for a couple weeks a little while ago.

I have certain problems with it. The first time through I made an Orc Berserker warhammer badazz dude. But I got into crafting to make him the ultimate weapons/armor, he leveled up through the roof, and the game was no longer fun. Kinda didn't make sense because I think the point of RPGs is trying to improve your character...

So really I think the game has balance issues. I think money should be harder to come by, and crafting should be harder (or cost more). This way you couldn't make your character too powerful after a few hours of making iron daggers.

It was a great game though, and it is one of my top 5 PS3 games (along with Red Dead, Dark Souls, Portal 2, Far Cry3)

DragoonBR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DragoonBR
Does anyone else still play morrowind? That's a more relevant question.
NoFearNot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NoFearNot

Got mine only a month back and its great. I tend to wait till all bugs and patches are fixed, less frustrations that way.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
I haven't even started SkyRim. Been to busy playing other games. I don't have time right now to get into it. Maybe this summer I'll give it a try.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#47 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

I got this day one and I haven't stopped playing since.

kickgirl91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kickgirl91
I just got it as a Christmas present from my boyfriend and I love it! I am borderline obsessed. I get distracted on the main quests though and do a lot of the side quests. I just find this game really fun. I am also excited that the dlc is coming out this month half price. Seems like I got into it at just the right time :)
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

Got mine only a month back and its great. I tend to wait till all bugs and patches are fixed, less frustrations that way.

NoFearNot
Bethesda games are never fixed though. If you waited for them to fully fix any of their games you'd still be waiting to play TES:Arena.